bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Water and Fire  (Read 5989 times)

AK4

Water and Fire
« on: October 08, 2008, 02:58:22 PM »

Hi all

I was just reading Rays God judges the world in a pond paper and i "stumbled" on this verse doing something else in between--

Joh 3:5 - Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit.

Well when you read that verse again and put it with the Lake of Fire, well there you go-- we cant enter unless we are born of Water and Fire.

I dont remember off the top of my head if Ray had this in any of his papers (which im sure he did), but if so its just a reminder ;)

Humbly In Jesus

Anthony

iris

Re: Water and Fire
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 06:00:35 PM »

Hi all

I was just reading Rays God judges the world in a pond paper and i "stumbled" on this verse doing something else in between--

Joh 3:5 - Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit.

Well when you read that verse again and put it with the Lake of Fire, well there you go-- we cant enter unless we are born of Water and Fire.

I dont remember off the top of my head if Ray had this in any of his papers (which im sure he did), but if so its just a reminder ;)

Humbly In Jesus

Anthony

Hi Anthony,

That's a good point!!

Iris

Richard D

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 07:02:29 PM »

Anthony.

Maybe I’m misunderstanding what you are saying but I picked up from Ray’s teaching that water baptism which is physical was symbolic of being baptized in the Spirit?

So that water is not really being used but I’m not sure if fire is representing the Spirit.

In His Love. Richard. Who has a long ways to go. 

aqrinc

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 08:45:15 PM »

Jesus Christ The Living Water Of Life.

Joh_4:10 Jesus answered her, "If you knew the gift of God, and who it is that is saying to
you, 'Give me a drink,' you would have asked him, and he would have given you living water."

Joh_4:11 The woman said to him, "Sir, you have nothing to draw water with, and the well is
deep. Where do you get that living water?

Joh_7:38 Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, 'Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.'"

Rev_7:17 For the Lamb in the midst of the throne will be their shepherd, and he will guide them
to springs of living water, and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes."

Geo.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 10:52:38 PM by aqr »

AK4

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 08:53:33 PM »

Anthony.

Maybe I’m misunderstanding what you are saying but I picked up from Ray’s teaching that water baptism which is physical was symbolic of being baptized in the Spirit?

So that water is not really being used but I’m not sure if fire is representing the Spirit.

In His Love. Richard. Who has a long ways to go. 

Hi Richard

Oh it had nothing to do with baptism.  Its like saying "and they were thrown into the water of fire/God" or pond of fire/God or lake of fire/God

Yes the fire is Gods spirit.  And the water is the lake.

or better yet

Joh 3:5 - Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born (in the Lake of Fire) of water and the Spirit

Anthony

Richard D

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 09:09:56 PM »

Anthony

Thank you for clarifying that for me I was somewhat confuse, still sorting things out.
I plan on having most but not all sorted by the time I die ….LOL…… You know what I mean. :)

In His Love……..Your friend and brother…Richard.

Kat

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 10:48:35 PM »

Hi Anthony,

Here are a few Scripture that show how God indeed is "a consumingn fire."

Deu 4:24  For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God.

Heb 12:29  For our God is a consuming fire.

Exo 13:21  And the LORD went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night:

Exo 3:2  And the Angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.

Deu 4:12  And the LORD spoke unto you out of the midst of the fire:

Rev 1:14  His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and His eyes like a flame of fire;
v. 15  His feet were like fine brass, as if refined in a furnace, and His voice as the sound of many waters;
v. 16  He had in His right hand seven stars, out of His mouth went a sharp two-edged sword, and His countenance was like the sun shining in its strength.

In Acts you will see hoe the Holy Spirit is also "as a fire."

Acts 2:1 When the Day of Pentecost had fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
v. 2  And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting.
v. 3  Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire[/u], and one sat upon each of them.
v.4  And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

And here in Jeremiah the God says "My words" spoken are like fire.

Jer 5:14  Wherefore thus saith the LORD God of hosts, Because ye speak this word, behold, I will make My words in thy mouth fire, and this people wood, and it shall devour them.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008, 02:39:14 PM »

Anthony
Thats a pretty good pick up :o!
I like that

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

jerreye

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2008, 05:54:34 PM »

As far as I can see, the "born of WATER" simply means born from the womb, which IS indeed "of water" (which breaks just before actual birth). This is the FIRST birth. The "born AGAIN" part is being born of God's Spirit (the SECOND birth).

I find this interesting when thinking of the first and second DEATH! 2 Births and 2 Deaths.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 23 queries.