bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Our Likeminded Family @ BT  (Read 9852 times)

hillsbororiver

Our Likeminded Family @ BT
« on: October 10, 2008, 11:56:31 AM »

Hi Everyone,

Due to a few PM's I received I thought it might be a good idea to bring back a subject we all discussed a few months back, the following is something I posted when we were having some misunderstandings and some folks were a bit confused even frustrated by some of the recent events happening at that time, maybe this will relate to some of us right now too, remember if anyone has an issue with another member's post please use discernment along with some patience, the moderators (believe it or not) do miss some things due to the sheer volume of posts at times, if someone upsets or angers you before you respond in kind please contact any moderator with the problem.

Here is the "old" message;

Hi Brothers and Sisters,

We read (and sometimes feel) that the periods of strife here in the Forum from time to time should not be happening and it is all too frustrating to bear for some of us. I am wondering if that truly is the case, have you considered just maybe it is all part of God's grand design, plan and suits His purpose.

[Mat 10:34  Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Mat 10:35  For I am come to set a man at variance against his father and the daughter against her mother and the daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.]

In perusing most every post here I sometimes come across the sentiment within some posts that we as "likeminded" believers should be able to communicate without disagreement or differences and when these things do happen some of us have a tendency to withdraw from participating or even decide it is time to move on, but move on where? Where is the place in this present time that no discord ever is present? After all what does "likeminded" really mean? Is it agreeing with each other 100% of the time? If that was the case there would be no reason to ever use that word, as like minded believers we are persuing a better relationship with God as well as our brethren, to be able to deal with each other in faith, patience and longsuffering, the goal is what makes us likeminded not how we presently understand everything. I believe if we search the scriptures we see that wherever faith is displayed or there are people who seek to know God and strive for His wisdom Satan will appear in an attempt to spoil, divide and sow disharmony.

[Mat 13:19  When any one heareth the word of the kingdom and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.

Mat 13:20  But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;

Mat 13:21  Yet hath he not root in himself, but endureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

Most all of us are here because we were fascinated by the articles on Bible Truths, they spoke to our spirit, encouraging us and freeing us from so much of the bondage to and of Babylon, we came here with high expectations of a peaceful oasis with one big happy family. But where on this earth does "one big family" actually exist? If we look to our own families, our own flesh and blood, people we grew up with, speak with face to face, experience good times and endure difficult times together in person. Do we always see eye to eye even with them? Should we think communicating with our spiritual Brothers and Sisters be any easier? Can we reasonably expect this to be accomplished without any need for understanding, patience, long suffering on our own part?

When we feel we have been slighted, ignored or unfairly criticized does it build us up spiritually if we seek understanding before we become disillusioned or even angry? In the best case scenarios I believe we do actually attempt this with our own flesh and blood families.

Please forgive me if I sound as if I am preaching, I am writing this because I too have stumbled in this regard, many of you are far ahead of me in patience and empathy for our brethren. Also please do not jump to the conclusion that I think that being a part of this Forum has any bearing on someone's elect status, it does not, that is totally under God's control.

My point is that the problems we encounter from time to time can actually be a blessing if we strive to seek His will and wisdom when we feel our beast healing or our old (carnal) man springing into action in frustration and anger.

We will all learn this eventually, in this age or the next, let's all pray to obtain His Spiritual fruits as we experience these challenges and tribulations.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe 

aqrinc

Re: Our Likeminded Family @ BT
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 01:13:30 PM »

Joe,

Amen and Amen; to your so very important post. We as believers ought not to seek compromise but earnestly
contend for the Faith delivered of God. Families are anything but blissfull understanding units, my siblings number
8, my wife's siblings number 11. Add mother and not present father (death in both cases) and we have quite an
assembly. We of course "being spiritual  ??? have no strife" (Not), far from it rather we deal with the cloak of
many colors daily. It is a revelation to see how my brothers and sisters (sibs and spiritual) are so much alike
(mostly carnal, sometimes spiritual).

We are likeminded in our zeal for the Word and Truth because God called us first. Our preparation in each case for
the day is different as the body has different parts for different functions. I believe that the work we are being
prepared for individually makes us likeminded but multi and diversely talented just so. Your wise counsel to look
beyond the object of our disagreement to the subject is quite correct. Loud and sometimes heated discourse is
only useless if we close our minds and hearts to everything but our own understanding.

Last but First is to remember when discussing the Scriptures:

II Timothy 3:16:
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction
in righteousness:

I Timothy 5:18:
For the scripture said, You shall not muzzle the ox that treads out the corn. And, The laborer is worthy of his reward.

I Peter 2:6:
Why also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that
believes on him shall not be confounded.

II Peter 3:16:
As also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which
they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, to their own destruction.

George.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 06:30:07 PM by aqr »

Kent

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 02:25:03 PM »

There is wisdom in keeping politics and ones own "teachings" out of the forum. Imagine how bad it would be if that was allowed? Total chaos.

I believe we are of like mind, when it comes to the truths learned from the site.
What is there to disagree with? I personally don't equate being "likeminded" with marching in lockstep with everyone else. How boring would that be?

aqrinc

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 02:37:37 PM »

Kent,

Not only boring but just another consensus seeking group not willing to upset the apple cart even if the
apples are full of worms of mans doctrines.

Geo.

dogcombat

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 02:38:22 PM »

How true, How true,

I can remember when this forum had an "I Disagree" section years back.  That one always sank into the abyss and the mods got rid of it and revised to forum to what it is now.  THANK GOD!!!  

May we keep our eyes on our First Love as brothers and sisters on a lifelong calling.

Ches

Martinez

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 05:43:18 PM »

If anyone has been offended or upset by anything I've said on this forum,
I apologize and humbly ask you're forgiveness.

Martin

hillsbororiver

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2008, 06:17:21 PM »

Hi George, Kent, Jeff & Martin,

Thanks for the responses, they are always greatly appreciated.

The point of this is what I believe is something we all share, a real desire to know our Creator and to be a part of His Kingdom, it is written that the only way to gain entrance to the Kingdom is through "much tribulation." That is where we share something huge, not that we are all walking the exact same path or are in the same exact place in our journey.

But we share the deepest desire for the Destination..... Victory in Christ!

Overcoming our differences is challenging at times, but if we keep focused on the goal (Christ) we learn through all the challenges, this is how we are groomed, tried, purged and ultimately perfected.

I have learned from so many here, and from so many who are no longer part of this Forum, some things were difficult and others pure joy, you all are my spiritual family and even though we are not all able to communicate and share perfectly at this time we know every experience brings us another step closer to "the Prize."

His Peace and Wisdom to you all,

Joe

P.S. I don't know about anyone else but Martin you have never offended me!  ;) 

aqrinc

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2008, 06:27:11 PM »

Not me, please do not hold your counsel for fear of offending me Martin.

Geo

If anyone has been offended or upset by anything I've said on this forum,
I apologize and humbly ask you're forgiveness.

Martin
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 03:55:22 AM by aqr »

Martinez

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2008, 06:40:59 PM »

Thanks guys, but I think that the filter between my brain and my fingers my need replacing!

OBrenda

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2008, 07:55:45 PM »

Hello Joe,

Speaking as a branch that has had a few twigs broken off in this forum, may I say I am grateful to be rid of them.  The twigs being some of my character flaws, or ideas I had held.  I certainly have been one to be alarmed and distraught at times.  As in all family disputes, in the end we have the opportunity to embrace a better understanding of each other.  That doesn't mean we have to agree on every aspect.

How else do we see our error unless someone challenges it by presenting a different way of looking at it.  I for one trust the leadership of our moderators.  And will endover to trust all will be well in the final outcome.

I desire mercy when I act out as a mule. And hope that our family can see past the behavior to the work that has only just begun in me.  As God wills I hope that he will teach me long suffering to better Love all of You! (with His Love Not Mine)
Brenda

hillsbororiver

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2008, 09:56:16 PM »

Hello Joe,

Hi Brenda,

Speaking as a branch that has had a few twigs broken off in this forum, may I say I am grateful to be rid of them.  The twigs being some of my character flaws, or ideas I had held.  I certainly have been one to be alarmed and distraught at times.  As in all family disputes, in the end we have the opportunity to embrace a better understanding of each other.  That doesn't mean we have to agree on every aspect.

That is absolutely true, I have had a few branches and twigs pruned from me as well. There is nothing inherently wrong with being alarmed or distraught over situations, the true test is how we ourselves respond to these trials. Is it with a self righteous anger, or do we seek understanding first?

How else do we see our error unless someone challenges it by presenting a different way of looking at it.  I for one trust the leadership of our moderators.  And will endover to trust all will be well in the final outcome.

We (moderators) do not always have the instinctive infallible answer at hand, there are times that we must consult each other as we seek a godly discernment, I know there will be scoffers over this statement but they do not know how we sometimes agonize over certain decisions nor do they appreciate our motivation, they will tend to transfer the worst of carnal ego manifestations to people they barely know, if indeed know at all. I often think of Solomon's prayer when we are presented with a difficult situation in this Forum of (now) over 400 people and with an average of about 70 posts per day.

1Ki 3:9  Give therefore thy servant an understanding heart to judge thy people, that I may discern between good and bad: for who is able to judge this thy so great a people?

Who indeed? Read the entire chapter, awesome stuff!

I desire mercy when I act out as a mule. And hope that our family can see past the behavior to the work that has only just begun in me.  As God wills I hope that he will teach me long suffering to better Love all of You! (with His Love Not Mine)

Amen Sister!

Brenda

Peace,

Joe

« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 01:49:00 PM by hillsbororiver »

Robin

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2008, 01:55:22 AM »

Deuteronomy 1:15-17
 15 So I took the leading men of your tribes, wise and respected men, and appointed them to have authority over you—as commanders of thousands, of hundreds, of fifties and of tens and as tribal officials. 16 And I charged your judges at that time: Hear the disputes between your brothers and judge fairly, whether the case is between brother Israelites or between one of them and an alien.

I think the moderator's discernment is right on the mark.

I believe that God is very concerned about what happens on this forum. I believe that he chose the moderators that oversee this forum and I believe I should submit to their authority. I know that you all work as a team and over time that team gets stronger and you all watch over each other with accountability. I really believe that you all submit yourselves to God with your decisions and that you learn more through experience as time goes on. I appreciate all you do and go through behind the scenes. I know that you all agonize over decisions at times and do the right thing even when it's not the comfortable thing to do. Thank you all for your obedience to God and your service to us.

I am also thankful to all the members who post. I don't talk much, but I am here reading every single day. I know there are many here daily that don't post much. What would we do without you all?

Jackie Lee

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2008, 02:15:55 AM »

I agree with all you said MG, I am not a big talker either but spend a lot of time here daily or almost daily.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2008, 10:33:51 AM »

Hi MG and Jackie,

Your comments are very kind and very much appreciated.

His Peace to you,

Joe

hillsbororiver

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2008, 01:04:23 PM »

How true, How true,

I can remember when this forum had an "I Disagree" section years back.  That one always sank into the abyss and the mods got rid of it and revised to forum to what it is now.  THANK GOD!!!  

May we keep our eyes on our First Love as brothers and sisters on a lifelong calling.

Ches

Ahhh yes Ches "the good old days".........  :P  NOT!

So true about keeping our eyes on our First Love for that is the only true and living likemindedness that will endure the trials and tribulations along our unique paths and journeys.

Thanks Brother!

Joe

Samson

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2008, 03:20:50 PM »

Dear Brother Joe,

What an important Thread this is and timely too. Admitedly, I was one of the Forum members who regretted some of the expressions made by certain ones, as to the manner in which comments were presented and wondered why some felt the need to do so.

Thankyou to those who commented on this Thread and I would like to say similiar to Martinez that I'm sorry if I offended anyone, it wasn't intentional, on my part. We need these reminders from time to time, because REPETITION IS THE MOTHER OF RETENTION. I'm certain, as with any Family, it's inevitable, we will need these reminders again, so it's well appreciated, Joe.

Thanks, Samson.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2008, 12:35:25 PM »

I think what unites us here is that we share and care about each others spiritual welfare. ~We are not immune to the sense of loss when a member leaves or is offended, hurt or apparently misunderstood.  We cringe when a member is abrasive, hostile or objectionable even if we do not say anything we have feelings and we feel the emotions that run through this Forum.

We care that we are not deceived by false doctrines. We care that non of us be lost or stray into deceptions. We share the common bond of unity in acceptance of what we have here in the teachings and many insights given to us. Some of the teachings change us to depths that are invisible to others. Some of the teachings are so vast that to integrate them will take a life time and then there still will not be any guarantee that the truths are fully absorbed, understood or obeyed.

Therein we are all the same. Non of us are perfect and to journey through this Forum territory is indeed a great blessing and gift.

Linny

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2008, 07:43:56 PM »

Arcturus, "Some of the teachings are so vast that to integrate them will take a life time and then there still will not be any guarantee that the truths are fully absorbed, understood or obeyed.

Therein we are all the same. None of us are perfect and to journey through this Forum territory is indeed a great blessing and gift."

So very true!

Joe, many thanks for that.  :)

I am always trying to remember that what we are thinking may not be what comes across in the writing. We can be guilty of "reading into" something. Kind of like, if someone tells you that someone is a horrible person, you color everything they do or say with your preconception.

My precious Spiritual Mom taught me that I have to make a decision whether to be offended or not. As hard as it can be sometimes, and only with the Lord's help, I try hard to walk away from that emotion.

So here, being that we are such a small group in comparison to the rest of Christiandem, we really need to give one another the benefit of the doubt. Try to think the best rather than the worst. We need each other!

I echo your sentiment Brenda...
"  As God wills I hope that He will teach me long suffering to better Love all of You! (with His Love Not Mine)"  ;D

Lin

mharrell08

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2008, 08:05:47 PM »

Arcturus, "Some of the teachings are so vast that to integrate them will take a life time and then there still will not be any guarantee that the truths are fully absorbed, understood or obeyed.

Therein we are all the same. None of us are perfect and to journey through this Forum territory is indeed a great blessing and gift."

So very true!

Joe, many thanks for that.  :)

I am always trying to remember that what we are thinking may not be what comes across in the writing. We can be guilty of "reading into" something. Kind of like, if someone tells you that someone is a horrible person, you color everything they do or say with your preconception.

My precious Spiritual Mom taught me that I have to make a decision whether to be offended or not. As hard as it can be sometimes, and only with the Lord's help, I try hard to walk away from that emotion.

So here, being that we are such a small group in comparison to the rest of Christiandem, we really need to give one another the benefit of the doubt. Try to think the best rather than the worst. We need each other!

I echo your sentiment Brenda...
"  As God wills I hope that He will teach me long suffering to better Love all of You! (with His Love Not Mine)"  ;D

Lin

Thank you for your comments Lin...they were exactly what I needed. The Lord is working in me to not be easily offended and give one another the benefit of the doubt. Thanks again

Marques

hillsbororiver

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2008, 12:08:45 PM »

Dear Brother Joe,

What an important Thread this is and timely too. Admitedly, I was one of the Forum members who regretted some of the expressions made by certain ones, as to the manner in which comments were presented and wondered why some felt the need to do so.

Thankyou to those who commented on this Thread and I would like to say similiar to Martinez that I'm sorry if I offended anyone, it wasn't intentional, on my part. We need these reminders from time to time, because REPETITION IS THE MOTHER OF RETENTION. I'm certain, as with any Family, it's inevitable, we will need these reminders again, so it's well appreciated, Joe.

Thanks, Samson.

Hi Samson,

As always your comments are appreciated, it is ironic how the folks who I never perceived to lack patience or made offensive remarks are the ones making apologies.

This topic was not intended to cast stones at anyone but rather to have us explore ourselves within when we feel anger, frustration or impatience with our family here (or anywhere else for that matter). It is going to happen and as it has been mentioned before no one can offend us unless we allow them to.

If we are ever portrayed unfairly by another member it is most beneficial to privately bring our case to the offender, if that does not work then bringing in a moderator might do the trick, if someone decides that our counsel is not applicable or beneficial to them we may have to part ways for a while, this Forum was designed to be a place to learn and grow together, it is not perfect, it can't be perfect as it is made up of imperfect men and women.

We should all be striving to lift one another up....

Peace,

Joe

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.