bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: What happens?  (Read 14288 times)

Martinez

What happens?
« on: October 10, 2008, 06:38:22 PM »

I was just wondering what is going to happen to this forum and all of us after the global economy go belly up?

What I mean is, I seriously doubt that this forum is going to be here after the crash gets bad because no one is going to have any money to keep it going.

The might not even be an internet!

At least at the moment We can come and meet together and share the scriptures and learn from each others collective wisdom, but not for long I don't think.

My wife and I went for a walk yesterday and while we were looking around at all the houses and shops and the lack of things edible growing around the place and discussing how many people are going to die.

It's really starting to sink in now how bad things have become and how bad their going to get, actually I don't even know how bad things are going to get, I just know their going to get bad!

My wife and I are staying at my mothers place at the moment in Sydney which I don't really like because things are going to be very bad in the city.

Most people don't have a clue what it's going to be like when things get bad.
Most people don't even have a clue that things are going to get bad.

I hope that We can keep meeting together for a while yet, because it is a very lonely road without like minded company along the way.

Martinez

Re: What happens?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 07:05:35 PM »

True!

Christ never had anyone like minded his entire earthly ministry except for the Father.

Beloved

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 07:09:40 PM »

Everything will go according to God's plans, what are we to do?
Do what is right, share what you have and pray continuously..

People will grow victory gardens, they will eat far less than they have, they will trade goods.

All of this should get people thinking more about their lives...some will get depressed and others will show hope. It will get some on their knees before God.

I think that the internet will still be here for awhile, but a lot of glitz may go. It is an economical means of communication. It could get more restricted if the wrong powers come to be.

Last night there was a show on our local 'Tennessee crossroads 'where children went to a 1800 communication. They were amazed how much children had to do.

The toys they had were a wheel ring and stick and gunny sacks to race in. We think we are doing good giving all these material things to children...but are we, if buying them mean you have to work more and therefore spend less time with them.

We are all extremely spoiled and very wasteful. Things will go on but they will be different.... they may be a good sort of different. Hopefully God will use it to draw men to him.

All of the things going on are carnal

We are told to SEEK the Kingdom.

beloved

Kat

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 07:38:46 PM »

Yes I have the sense that things look really bad too.  Things make get tough but God is still in control and He will only put us through what we need. 

It's not to late to get that garden started, you could work on preparing the ground through the winter and have it ready to go in the spring.  Also get a supply of staples good on hand, notice the expiration dates.

Go ahead a download BT, here is what Craig says is the best way to do it.

http://download.httrack.com/cserv.php3?File=httrack.exe

It will copy the entire bibletruths website.  Then you can view it whether you have a internet connection or not.  It will appear just like you have a connection.

Make sure you select multiple mirror and then exclude the forum or you will mirror the forum also and it will take very very long.  from Craig

Maybe this really is the end of this age (though I know they have thought this many times through the centuries) and this is what must take place to lead up to His return.  If that is the case, all I can say is praise God and may He give us strength and wisdom for what is to come.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

hillsbororiver

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 07:50:30 PM »

We are told to SEEK the Kingdom.

beloved

Amen Sister!

Matthew 6

25Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

26Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

27Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?

28And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:

29And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

30Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?

31Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

33But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

34Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof. (Trouble enough)

See Luke 12 as well...

Peace,

Joe

Martinez

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 08:09:52 PM »

I know they have thought that it was the end before but we weren't here were we?

I think there is more to happen apart from the economic collapse.

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2008, 08:20:17 PM »

Anything could happen, God is in charge.  If you were a Roman christian 1800 years ago you'd have though the end was near when Rome was collapsing.  If you lived in Rwanda a few years back you would know the world couldn't last much longer as your neighbors and families were butchered.

Could we be close to Christs return?  Possibly, we are definitely nearer, but this age could last thousands of more years.  We just don't know, but we can know that things will happen in God's perfect timing.

Craig

Richard D

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2008, 08:53:20 PM »

I reckon the suffering of this life cannot be compared to the glory that we will be cloth with at His return or at a later time.

I know things are going sour not only here but world wide. I guess the worst thing that could happen to me is death but the best thing that will happen is the resurrection.

Seek first the Kingdom of God and all these things will be added to you….. AMEN

Anthony………….It looks like you and me might get to loose those unwanted ponds after all…….LOL…………I guess one can always find good even in the worst of times!

In His Love. Richard.

AK4

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2008, 09:27:07 PM »

Hi all,

I think this thread started by Martinez along with what Craig/Kat has posted is prophetic--not trying to be an alarmist but just MHO.

Make sure you select multiple mirror and then exclude the forum or you will mirror the forum also and it will take very very long.  from Craig

Craig is there some way you can make it to where we can also download all of the additional Rays teachings that are on the forum?  These are just as important as the BT website

Thanks

Anthony
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 09:32:31 PM by AK4 »

Kat

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2008, 09:44:35 PM »

Hi Anthony,

Here is another way to download an article.

To save any article on the BT or the forum just open the article then click on the File menu in the upper left and select "Save As" and save it anywhere on your hard drive.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Beloved

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2008, 09:46:14 PM »

These backup will be important but will not be useful if there is no electricity or you are on the move. I have a laptop and have even looked for a solar battery.

But regardless .....all is of no avail if you are not plowing the Word now.....it is that that feeds your spirit of man and does it works on you.      rememeber ...fear not

(Luk 12:11)  And when they bring you unto the synagogues, and unto magistrates, and powers, take ye no thought how or what thing ye shall answer, or what ye shall say:

(Luk 12:12)  For the Holy Ghost shall teach you in the same hour what ye ought to say.

Beloved

Martinez

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2008, 10:03:35 PM »

I'm not afraid for myself, but for my family.

I have a 3 year old, a 7 month old and a wife.

There are definitely much worse things than dying, like watching them die, know what I mean?

I quite confident in riding this one out myself as I'm sure my being trained up in the way I should go and then dying of starvation is not really part of God's plan.

I'm just hoping my watching my wife and kids starve isn't part of the training programme,
know what I mean?

The reason I'm fairly sure that the time is getting short is because We are being called out in such numbers and that hasn't really happened before.

It doesn't really matter if bibletruths isn't around anymore. I think most of us know enough of the truth to be able to get more truths for ourselves from the bible.

God knows what He is doing, and He is good.

Beloved

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2008, 10:34:51 PM »

Martinez, it is hard to understand when you look at your family, a 7 month and 3 yr old, so innocent for all this and your wife who is your helpmeet. It is extremely painful to imagine or experience evil touching them.

That is what was so great that Ray brought out

He shows that God has experienced all these things from the beginning, he feels our pain and suffering and rejoices with us too. There is nothing that we can experience that he has not already felt.

(Pro 8:8)  All the words of my mouth are in righteousness; there is nothing froward or perverse in them.
(Pro 8:9)  They are all plain to him that understandeth, and right to them that find knowledge.
(Pro 8:17)  I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.
(Pro 8:22)  The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.
(Pro 8:23)  I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.
(Pro 8:24)  When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.
(Pro 8:25)  Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:
(Pro 8:26)  While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.
(Pro 8:27)  When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:
(Pro 8:28)  When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:
(Pro 8:29)  When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:
(Pro 8:30)  Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;
(Pro 8:32)  Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my ways.
(Pro 8:33)  Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not.
(Pro 8:34)  Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.
(Pro 8:35)  For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favor of the LORD

God is showing us that He has experienced all these things from the beginning, he feels our pain and suffering and He rejoices with us too. There is nothing that we can experience that he has not already felt. More so because it has happened to His creation.

Luk 13:34  `Jerusalem, Jerusalem, that is killing the prophets, and stoning those sent unto her, how often did I will to gather together thy children, as a hen her brood under the wings, and ye did not will.

It is the Father that 'knows' that despite all that happens, ALL will be restored. He is the Amen and Jesus is the Truth.

Though man can live 70 to 120 yrs....in relation to existence after the Resurrection this will be a mere blink of the eye.

Your wife and kids are truly gifts from God to you ...love them now but also expand that love to your neighbor and Rest in the Lord.

beloved.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2008, 11:08:28 PM »

While its true from our perspective that anything can happen, it's also true that anything could have happened throughout the history of mankind.  What DID happen operated under the same Law as what is happening and what will happen.  God is in charge.  ANYTHING didn't happen and ANYTHING can't happen.

Not all the news is bad, even in the stock markets.  Let's remember the discussion from just a few days ago about having a 'sound mind'.  Whether we are deeply involved in investments or debts or not at all, panic is the worst thing anybody can do and is a sin for those of us who know the truth.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Martinez

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2008, 12:55:46 AM »

I'm not panicing. I just want to do the Lord's will.

There's a difference between panicing and just hoping it's not the Lord's will that something happens to the ones that you love.

My wife and kids are heading back up to Queensland in about a week to my wife's mothers place.

That's probably the best place they could be while this is going on, because it's out in the country and they are already busy growing food for when this thing hits full tilt.

My Wife's mother is a Babylonian and keeps watching for signs and God put it in her head to be prepared, so no I'm not panicing.

aqrinc

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2008, 01:51:54 AM »

Wow, what happened in the last couple hours, is it the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning.

Question,

When the Lord comes will He find Faith in the world. I thought we are all Trusting that God knows
exactly what He IS Doing.

Geo.  ???  ???  ???

Jackie Lee

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2008, 02:05:23 AM »

God is in control.

God used Joseph make the people of Egypt save food for seven years so that they would have enough food when the famine came and they wouldn't starve to death.

I don't see anything wrong or a lack of faith to prepare like can goods or non perishables.
 We can do without most things but we have to have food and water.
Maybe if the economy does go belly up it can bring us to a point of trust and faith that God will sustain us.
Maybe a simplier life wouldn't be so bad afterall.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2008, 02:30:40 AM »

I'm not at all arguing against watching and making preparations.  I'm reacting (over-reacting?) to people speaking WHEN this or that happens as if it's a done deal.  Surely many people are or are going to be affected eeven if things calm down. 

Rightly or wrongly, I am more afraid of prophecy than I am of events.  I've seen too much 'the sky is falling' in my life.

Maybe I lack vision.  I'm not trying to be hyper-spiritual, just speaking my mind.  Nor am I suggesting what anybody should do...except not panic.  There are a lot of good reasons for most of us to prepare for 'bad times' that don't include the end of the age.

That's all from me.   
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Beloved

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2008, 02:34:57 AM »

Where I live there are tornados and in other places earthquakes etc. Being prepared to handle adversity is a good thing.

The way I see it, things like the market and the price of houses and goods were extremly inflated. More and more people are living on borrowed money. We use credit to buy things we want.

The majority in developed countries work jobs they hate to buy things they want rather than the things they need.

Have you ever seen the show Affluenza? You would be surprised how little one can live on if they are frugal and really think about what they will spend their money on.

In the current situation you can count on the media. It  is going to thrive on this fear and report it all to incite you to listen to them, The greedy are going to make money from the panic reactions.

I am thinking about ordering some "emergency food" that has a shelf life of 5 years. I have done this in the past. It can be used for camping food , I have even given some to people I have seen walking on the road with possessions on their back.

It is good to have things prepared so when some disaster  is announced yu can pack your car quickly. During bad storms I have my laptop packed.  I have suitable clothing and other items ready too.  I have most of my documents etc scanned and on multiple back up media. I keep some at home and have some at another remote site.  I have a tent, sleeping stuff and emergency radio etc.

Think about what you have and what you really need to have if something should hapen. My impression is that it is going to be a slow but painful correction.

beloved.

Jackie Lee

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2008, 03:11:55 AM »

I agree Dave, prophecy of the end is nigh is just confusing many people yet the earth and all is still here.
I have to admit I have had a tummy full of non fullfilled prophecy over the years.
This rapture thing is a bit much to say the least.
My husband keeps telling me don't you listen to the news and Perry Stone.
I said actually not that much any more.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.