bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Who's "You" in the Bible?  (Read 10292 times)

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Who's "You" in the Bible?
« on: October 11, 2008, 01:02:08 AM »

Is there a person in the Bible that you have encountered that you particularly relate to?  Why?

Since ultimately there is no male or female in the Kingdom, if a man relates to Esther or a woman to King David that's OK.   :)

I'll add mine if there's any interest in the thread.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

OBrenda

Re: Who's "You" in the Bible?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 01:17:19 AM »

My first thought is Mary, who sat at the feet of Jesus, while Martha was busy with household chores!

What's yours ?
Brenda

Marlene

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 02:50:38 AM »

Hello, Great Minds think alike Brenda. LOL and it is not always the chores that win. But, Jesus says both is needed, but spending time with him over rides that to me. But, I have learned also I can talk to him while I do the chores. Before , I became ill and had to stop working every day was done in prayer because of the pain I experience in my body. I often see my pain as a thorn in my side. In that respect I feel like Paul. LOL  All, I know it keeps me walking close to him.
In His Love
marlene

Jackie Lee

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 03:22:53 AM »

There has been times I have felt I could relate to Job, I am sure we have all felt this way at different stages in our lives.
Not that I could even compare to his faithfulness but the sickness and persecutions can be trying.
Come to think of it I can't compare to him in that department either, I can relate a wee bit though. ;D

WhoAmI

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2008, 04:09:18 AM »

When I was a kid I hoped to be like Solomon with wisdom. I can't think of any I relate to now though.

Jeff

Douglas Wayne Thomas

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2008, 07:21:02 AM »

This might sound strange, as many of my posts are slightly off, but I am probably most like the Apostle Thomas. Where we get the term doubting Thomas. Earlier in my life I refused to believe anything about anything unless I could touch it, taste it, see it or smell it. One night; at the lowest point in my life when I thought I could not carry on in this world any longer Jesus appeared to me and helped me through that rough time in my life. Now I do not have a doubt that Jesus is real and God does have a plan for my life. When ever I want to make God laugh I just tell him what my plans are and eventually he straightens me out and I follow his guidance.

Kent

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2008, 08:49:39 AM »

I am like one of those men that let the sick man down through the roof, on a stretcher, so Christ could heal him.

That sounds like something I would do.
I will find a way. Even if I have to reinvent the wheel.

Some call me stubborn. I prefer the term "persistent".

Vangie

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2008, 10:43:27 AM »

Ruth...kinda not ever really fitting in, but contributing to the big picture while not really even being IN the picture.  I can only hope to attain that measure of humility and service.  Can't even put it into words...it's just the epitome of dying to self to live for Christ.

Love,
Vangie

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2008, 01:08:52 PM »

I'm enjoying these.  :)

When I was much younger I related to Barnabas.  One of my friends at the time (both of us struggling Christians, me having been at it longer) started out as sort of following me, but before long I was following him.  Notice in Acts that the intial 'billing' of the duo was Barnabas and Paul.  It wasn't until later that it changed to Paul and Barnabas.  Really, we were just butthead #1 and #2, but I've kept a bit of that feeling.

These days I feel a little like Joshua.  He had his plans and had his courage all worked up to take Jericho...until the Angel of the Lord showed up.  "Are you on our side or the enemy's?"  "No...I am the captain of the hosts of the Lord.  You're working for me now." 

As a military brat, I love that.  Stand down, General Joshua.   :)
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2008, 01:44:38 PM »

I feel like peter so many times, saying Lord i would never betray you, and yet i betray Him at every turn. I feel so ashamed sometimes. =/

Beloved

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2008, 01:52:45 PM »

This is hard....I want to be Mary at His feet but too often am Martha

Only John tells this story

The woman caught in adultury

She knew she sinned
She knew the Law
She knews the punishment

but

She found the Ultimate Mercy
She saw that others could not throw their stones because they were in he same state

This the state I keep seeing myself in, with only Him to rescue me.

beloved

hillsbororiver

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2008, 01:52:59 PM »

Hi Dave,

At some point or another I have seen myself in everyone except our Father and His Son, although if I had to narrow it down the impulsive, loud mouthed, quick tempered pre conversion Peter would probably be a good fit, I am with you there Alex!  ;)

Peace,

Joe

Samson

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2008, 03:04:49 PM »

Hello Everyone,

From the Old Testament, it's Samson of course, many of you already know why, most of my chastisement(Kolasin) is connected in relation to my experiences with Women(particularly Marriage Mates);  ::) ;).

However from the New testament, it would probably impeteous Peter, possibly tied with the Apostle John, Jesus close friend who he loved(Agapeo & Phileo).

Samson.

AK4

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2008, 03:30:55 PM »

Very humbly I will say for the past 3 or so odd years i relate to Paul and the constant thorn in my flesh.  The more my thorn keeps torturing me the more God reveals His Word to me and gives me understanding and then teaches me to be humble.  Coupled with Paul I also feel like Isaiah-"Lord who has believed our report" and Elijah being all alone on that mountain.  If there is someone in the bible that was searching for All of the Truth that would really be--noone comes to mind right now.

Anthony

Fester

• Yes a pancake!
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2008, 06:52:57 PM »

I can relate to Balaam as he got to speak to an a s s   (Num. 22:28 ...).  I get to speak to a few of them every day.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 06:54:23 PM by Fester »
"Christianity began as a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. When it went to Athens, it became a philosophy. When it went to Rome, it became an organization. When it went to Europe, it became a culture. When it came to America, it became a business."

Stevernator

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2008, 07:44:41 PM »

I think I can relate to Peter. Sometimes I speak with conviction to others but then I fall way short. Peter is one of my favorite people in the Bible because he is so zealous and enthusiastic but you can see his human weaknesses.

I like the part where he rushes to meet Jesus after the resurrection. I can imagine him running out there thinking okay lets get this over with; I wonder if he is gonna yell at me for betraying Him or what. And then Jesus says Peter, do you love me? Then feed my sheep. This really illustrates the grace and patience of Jesus. Although he doesn't just say oh don't worry about it. He doesn't deny the gravity of the offense but he is forgiving and shows him the path to grace.

ez2u

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2008, 10:58:44 PM »

okay  phoebe  but  like joe at times different people on the Bible  i guess these stories tell us a little about ourselves as we travel though this age.  peggy

Akira329

• "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2008, 02:08:38 AM »

I guess in every stage of my life I tried to compare myself to someone in scripture.
Job
Timothy
Solomon
Paul
They all just ended up being people I fell in love with.
I struggle most with general living, I do not know anyone who struggled this way.
Can someone fill me in??

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

WhoAmI

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2008, 03:20:18 AM »

I can relate to Balaam as he got to speak to an a s s   (Num. 22:28 ...).  I get to speak to a few of them every day.

I laughed hard on that one! Good one!  :D

Jeff

Samson

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2008, 09:33:39 AM »

I laughed hard on that one! Good one!  :D

Jeff

Yes Jeff,

And you will probably get to speak with a few of them(arses), the rest of your life, hopefully their aren't too many of them in charge at the Hospital, where the Freckle Girl is staying.

Samson;  ;)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 19 queries.