bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who's "You" in the Bible?  (Read 10290 times)

Beloved

Re: Who's "You" in the Bible?
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2008, 01:25:41 PM »

Balaam a@@ was a good thing he tried to warn his rider that he was going to lose his life.  I hope there are a lot of them at the hospital and few stupid riders.  ;D

In one way with Ray's teaching and christiandumb... balaam a@@ probably represents us best...and we will get whacked with stick for it too.

beloved

gmik

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2008, 01:35:58 PM »

Great thread.

On Facebook, I took a "quiz" on which woman I am most like and it was <drum roll> Deborah!! So I have to check her out a bit more thoroughly.  I think she was brave and bold-so maybe the quiz was fixed!!

I am not like these people, but I love them.....Joseph and Paul are my very very favorite guys in the Bible.  They seem so real to me....flawed, but loyal, tested but found faithful.  I like Sarah, bcz she was eavesdropping and laughed out loud-now that sounds more like me!!! :D

kweli

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2008, 06:33:54 AM »

I wish I was Stephen the martyr. In just one chapter he epitomized the Saviour so much. But I guess I'll stick to Apollos. I'm always in need of guidance from a Priscilla and Aquilla , especially when I try to go out and preach up a storm. But I'm glad I learn when corected.

Balaam?  :D

Martinez

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2008, 06:36:25 PM »

I think pre-conversion Peter, because he was such a screw up and I am such a screw up!

I have noticed some of the biggest screw ups go on to be used mightily of God, so there's hope for me yet.

My life has been so difficult a traumatic so far that hopfully it's not just for old times sakes!

1Co 1:25  Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
1Co 1:26  For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
1Co 1:27  But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
1Co 1:28  And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
1Co 1:29  That no flesh should glory in his presence.

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2008, 07:38:32 PM »

I guess its true we 'see' ourselves in all the Bible characters as we read.  That's kinda why they're there, isn't it?  It's just as good sometimes to see a life that ISN"T worth emulating as one that is.  No thanks...none of that for me.  Give me some of that. 

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

winner08

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2008, 11:12:53 AM »

Man, I have been thinking about it and I can't come up with anybody. This is a shame. I'm going to really think hard about this. As much as I read the Bible I should have had an ansewer be an easy one. ??? ???

Darren

mharrell08

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2008, 11:55:17 AM »

Man, I have been thinking about it and I can't come up with anybody. This is a shame. I'm going to really think hard about this. As much as I read the Bible I should have had an ansewer be an easy one. ??? ???

Darren

Hey Darren,

We ALL could have said Saul who later became Paul... :D

Marques

winner08

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2008, 08:58:05 PM »

So true Marques. Maby I am a doubting Thomas. Is this bad?

Darren
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.