bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Child Like Faith  (Read 4575 times)

Marlene

Child Like Faith
« on: October 11, 2008, 03:45:17 AM »

Hello, I can remember a time as a child I trusted God so much. I can remember reading in the scriptures that he died for the whole world. Then you grow up
and things happen. You loose that Child like faith. He tells you he forgives and sins are forgiven, but then we listen to man and mans doctrines. We loose our first love. Since, I have been showed the truth of all the man made garbage I have regained that love. Love is not fear but brings peace. He doesn't want us to fear, but only just to Love him and want to do his will. Now he did it for us. We have to trust him. He is only one we can trust and he won't ever forsake us. Just something going through my mind as each day I walk with him and come back to that child like faith.
Love Like His
Marlene

Douglas Wayne Thomas

Re: Child Like Faith
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 07:39:02 AM »

Marlene - great post, I agree 1,000%. Having Child like faith is probably one of the reasons that Jesus said in Matthew:

18:1 At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven? 

18:2 And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them, 

18:3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. 

18:4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 

18:5 And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me. 

gmik

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 11:05:21 PM »

Beautiful thoughts.  Now use that child like love and faith on your mom. ;)

Richard D

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 02:08:19 AM »

Marlene.

My father was French and moved to this country in 1946 at age 18 and married my mom an American women, my mom did not speak French and so I did not grow up learning French. I remember being very young and going back to my father’s homeland for vacation and on Sunday we would go to church.

The priest would always say mass in French but I did not understand a single word he said but in this church there was a life size crucifix with a life size figure representing Jesus which was nailed to it.

When the priest gave mass I would just stare at Jesus on this crucifix and Jesus and I would talk to each other. I don’t know why Jesus let me go out into the world and let me get involved in all the sinful things I did, I know now why he did but not most of my life I did not.

Now I talk to Jesus again just like I did when I was a child but now I’m a man and I realize why he let me go alone into the world but I know now he never left me alone.

He watched my every move, He knows where I been and what I have done and after all this He said to me I love you.

Yesterday is not important and tomorrow is not important but right now is important. We always live in the now, you know the present and this is where we always find God.

Marlene, have you ever notice when you tell a child something how much they trust what you say to them. This is what God wants from us, child like faith, it’s as easy as A.B.C.
God loves me.

Marlene, I hope I made some sense to you as I don’t always convey myself properly….I don’t have college degree……………..LOL ………………but I do try.  :)

God bless you Marlene. Your friend and brother in our Lord. Richard. The trusting one.

Marlene

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 03:01:46 AM »

Hello Richard,

Oh yes you make a  lot of sense. I use to hate it everytime I sinned. Sometimes it didn't sink in. But, he always keeps following no matter where we go. I can't recall where they say he is with us if we make our bed in Heaven or Hell. But, I do know learning that verse from Ray makes sense.

Even in that White Throne Judgement he will still be with us. Its hard to match his LOVE.  I guess that verse certainly blows the Hell theory. They say we are separated from him. I need to look that verse up and show some Hell lovers.

Thats cool you sharing a little about your parents and all. I have always been
fasinated by  hearing peoples lifes as children. It makes you understand a person. Its so awesome though so different in some ways but so alike in others.

It takes quite a while to realize your life is a journey and that God knowing you will sin take you through it and out of it. Now, I know why he wants us to be patient and long suffering, loving  and forgiving cause we all get it from him. I guess that should also, make Hell lovers think. He sure is all those things and more.
This has nothing to do with that. But, when you talked about your Father being
French. I worked with a lady who was French. She had been here for quite a few years ,but sometimes she spoke kind of funny. She lost her parents in the war and was so afraid of basements. But, one thing I love what she said was
""Sometimes we have to make our own Happy". It true. We can always see the bad, but with God we can be Happy!  I like being made Happy by God!
I will enjoy keeping reading your ideas for discussion topics. You always make one think, I know God is using you.
In His Love
Marlene
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 20 queries.