bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: We Are No Better  (Read 14115 times)

hillsbororiver

We Are No Better
« on: October 11, 2008, 09:11:45 PM »

Chris posted this from Ray the other day and it did not get much of a response, probably because the thread it was posted in has veered all over the place, I felt his message deserved a thread of its own;

Ray also teaches,

Remember always as we attempt to enlighten those whom God is calling, that we are NO BETTER than those whose doctrines we condemn. God loves and DIED for these heretics of the modern Church. They are precious to God—and they had better be PRECIOUS TO US, or we too will receive a great condemnation for feeling anything but LOVE TOWARD THEM! They may be, in fact, our enemies, but Christ instructs us to: "…LOVE YOUR ENEMIES"!! [Ray Smith]

Peace

Chris R

KristaD

Re: We Are No Better
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 09:19:54 PM »

This is certainly something I struggle with :-[, thank you Joe.

mharrell08

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 09:33:29 PM »

Great reminder from Chris and Joe for bringing this up. I have a short testimony if you guys don't mind:

I was invited to eat breakfast at a Ryan's buffet this morning. My mom invited me along with my wife and kids. My mother attends church and does not believe in any spiritual truths I have shared with her. She stated this was a kind of church breakfast and would mean a lot to her if I could attend because she was speaking. I figured since it was a public restaurant, there would be a short speech, prayer, and then everyone eat their breakfast.

But....once I got there, I saw that the group was located in a closed door area. Their was a 'praise group', programs being handed out, people being referred to as 'Passer' and 'First Lady'. It was absolutely horrible. I wanted to throw up right then and there. I was like a traveling, Babylon road show.

The Lord softened my heart and gave me patience to endure instead of acting like a rude, jerk which I kinda wanted to. It was a valuable lesson and I thought went hand & hand with what Chris stated before.

Alright, now back to your regular scheduled posting...  :D

Marques

Martinez

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 11:19:25 PM »

Mat 19:26  But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

OBrenda

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2008, 11:22:30 PM »

A Heartfelt Amen!
Brenda

aqrinc

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2008, 12:14:15 AM »

I plead Guilty and Repent, and ask God to fix the blindness in me.

Thanks Chris and Joe for the timely rebuke.

George.

Ninny

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2008, 01:15:30 AM »

If Jesus hadn't loved and died for his enemies where would we all be right now? remember, "...while we were yet sinners Christ died for us..." Sinners are not the ones who are his friends!  Paul wasn't always the missionary who laid down his life for his Master. Everyone starts somewhere, and we are a part of the ALL in "ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God."  I thank God for the mercy he has shown to me!
Kathy :)

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2008, 01:31:52 AM »

Great post by Chris R!!! Thanks for reminding us Joe!
Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

WhoAmI

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2008, 02:40:37 AM »

I can love people who are different than me or have different ideas but there is no doubt that it is very difficult for two opposites to get along. To have the ability to put your emotions aside and to handle JUST THE SUBJECT is difficult to many people.

This is a timely post. I rode with my son and my mother today to a birthday party for my son's three year old cousin. My Mom always talks about her Baptist church and she brought up that they were doing a Revelation study and she praised the teacher and spoke about how hard the unsaved were going to have it in the upcoming end times and all such stuff they teach with future "end time" teachings. I spoke a little about the different viewpoints people have on those things, such as preterits, futurists etc. But I stressed what I thought was most important in seeing the beast within and praying for God to take the throne in your own life. I also spoke about using the scriptures for spiritual purpose versus a literal take. I spoke calmly and not arrogantly. She then told me that she wishes I could come to her study and share the things I know with her class. I thanked her for the invite and appreciated her kind words. But I mean in all honesty, I just can't see that ever working. I don't know to many people who can talk about a subject such as these things and not get nasty or to worked up etc. I could go and share what I know and for me I don't let all the tension mean that people don't love one another. I look back and see how many of us have been taught that someone saying something different than us is either "not saved" or has a "demon" or any other sort of saying that denotes they are on the wrong side. The ability to look at a person and separate them and their beliefs are tricky. Afterall people are afraid to be lead astray or to speak against God or whatever. But when you consider the no free will and God's sovereignty, it does just come back to you doing what your supposed to do (if you know) and that is love your enemies. And for many who have pondered or read some of Ray's writings on love you realize it doesn't mean what society tries to imply it means.

Samson

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2008, 02:43:41 AM »

Great reminder from Chris and Joe for bringing this up. I have a short testimony if you guys don't mind:

I was invited to eat breakfast at a Ryan's buffet this morning. My mom invited me along with my wife and kids. My mother attends church and does not believe in any spiritual truths I have shared with her. She stated this was a kind of church breakfast and would mean a lot to her if I could attend because she was speaking. I figured since it was a public restaurant, there would be a short speech, prayer, and then everyone eat their breakfast.

But....once I got there, I saw that the group was located in a closed door area. Their was a 'praise group', programs being handed out, people being referred to as 'Passer' and 'First Lady'. It was absolutely horrible. I wanted to throw up right then and there. I was like a traveling, Babylon road show.

The Lord softened my heart and gave me patience to endure instead of acting like a rude, jerk which I kinda wanted to. It was a valuable lesson and I thought went hand & hand with what Chris stated before.

Alright, now back to your regular scheduled posting...  :D

Marques

Amen to you Marques for exhibiting tolerance, humility and patience and not acting like a rude jerk;  ;D By keeping silent and tolerating this uncomfortable situation, you gave a Non-verbal witness to your Mother and others. Although you attended this "Babylonian side show", Gods Holy Spirit was helping you endure, because I would have felt very uncomfortable, too.

Kind Regards, Samson.

Ricky

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2008, 02:57:11 AM »

Hi, the only real enemy I have is myself. And that is the one I can do nothing for, how can you love yourself if you are the enemy?
     Bless you all                   Ricky
Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.

WhoAmI

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2008, 03:10:07 AM »

Yeah, I struggle with the love for myself as well. But I have to remember:

Mt 19:19 'Honor your father and your mother,' and, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' "

This does include me and also you.

Jeff

Martinez

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2008, 06:07:11 AM »

I am definitely no better.

I have a real problem with not taking someone being upset about what I believe without getting upset about it.

I tell, it's not something you just go "oh, I'm guilty of that, why don't I just stop doing it" because I've tried and I've gotta say, if the Lord doesn't give Me the mind of Christ, I'm lost!

The Lord has been showing me myself lately, and I have to say,

It ain't a pretty sight!

OBrenda

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2008, 09:37:04 AM »

The Lord has been showing me myself lately, and I have to say, It ain't a pretty sight!

Boy can I relate!  I use to think I was a fairly decent person,... so much for thinking!

:-\
Brenda

KristaD

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2008, 03:38:18 PM »

Perhaps we all need another look at this. ???
*BUMP*

Martinez

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2008, 04:53:54 PM »

*BUMP*

Which aspect of it KristaD?

KristaD

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2008, 05:00:32 PM »

*BUMP*

Which aspect of it KristaD?

The fact that none of us are any better than anyone else.

Martinez

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2008, 05:16:49 PM »

Well in that case, I totally agree with you, but not because I have anyone in mind who thinks their better than anyone else, jut because it's always something We should always bear in mind.

KristaD

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2008, 06:38:44 PM »

I too had no one person in mind that is why I said we ALL need another look at it. Whenever differences and conflicts arise between any of us we should always remember that we are no better than anyone, that is all I meant. I am sorry you took my bumping the thread as an insult to someone, I had no idea that it would appear to be aimed at anybody in particular ???. It was done in love ;).

Martinez

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2008, 06:46:24 PM »

I too had no one person in mind that is why I said we ALL need another look at it. Whenever differences and conflicts arise between any of us we should always remember that we are no better than anyone, that is all I meant. I am sorry you took my bumping the thread as an insult to someone, I had no idea that it would appear to be aimed at anybody in particular ???. It was done in love ;).

Oh no I didn't think you had a particular person in mind!

I only posted that long winded explanation so you didn't think that I had a particular person in mind.

LOL!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 19 queries.