bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: We Are No Better  (Read 14097 times)

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: We Are No Better
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2008, 07:47:20 PM »

Hey.  I know both of you were talking about me.   ;D

Concerning the original post, is it too babylonian to say, "Love the sinner, hate the sin?"

I just noticed that the first word in 'babylon' is 'baby'.  Hmmmm
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 07:59:27 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Beloved

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2008, 07:54:34 PM »

I just noticed that the first word in 'babylon' is 'baby'.  Hmmmm

Good pickup Dave....but rather than looking at them we should examine ourselves and hope that we

(1Co 1:26)  For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

(1Co 1:27)  But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

1Co 1:28  And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to naught things that are:

beloved

Heidi

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2008, 08:07:13 PM »

God has been working with me on just this subject.....I think that I was so angry with myself for being so deceived for so many years and then the anger spilt over to my old church and how the pastor was leading people astray.  I was disgusted.

His gentle voice have been whispering in my ear as of late....."the shadow is not evil".

Thanks for this post.  I have repented of my attitude and asked God to help  me to love my enemy's.

dinkc

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2008, 09:18:47 PM »

I often remind myself of something Ray taught me.  I have come this far (out of Babylon, universal salvation, and the many truths I have learned here) because God put it in my heart to believe the truth.  I am no longer amazed, angry, or feeling superior when someone rejects these truths.  They don't believe because God has not put it into their hearts to believe.  Why me and not them?  That is God's business.  'what I know for sure is I did nothing of myself to deserve it.

Understanding this has gone a long way to temper my reactions.  Thanks to the others who have posted on this topic.  Some really thoughtful responses.

Dennis in KC

KristaD

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2008, 10:59:09 PM »

I too had no one person in mind that is why I said we ALL need another look at it. Whenever differences and conflicts arise between any of us we should always remember that we are no better than anyone, that is all I meant. I am sorry you took my bumping the thread as an insult to someone, I had no idea that it would appear to be aimed at anybody in particular ???. It was done in love ;).

Oh no I didn't think you had a particular person in mind!

I only posted that long winded explanation so you didn't think that I had a particular person in mind.

LOL!

ROFL! Now THAT is a perfect example of an internet misunderstanding ;D.

Wow I never noticed that Dave....weird.

winner08

« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2008, 11:25:30 PM »

MAN!! I must be the biggest hypocrite, when I tell someone about my new found truth according to Ray and Scripture because I look up just about everything Ray Say's that's Scripture I gotta see for myself. Anyway I tell them and they of course tell me how wrong I am and. I should stop listening to Ray. I comp an attitude. I guess they can see it in my face or see it in my replies. I feel strongly about the truth(Gods Truth). I guess I need help in my response. I had one person tell me Jesus never spoke like that. I said IF you ever read Jesus words to the Pharisee and scribes you would see just how Jesus spoke to them. I'm not mean or nasty to them. I like to call it passionate. I don't feel I am no better than anyone. I get the feeling that They feel they are better than me. How does one convey your truth to their
(false truth) Darn did it again.

Darren

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2008, 12:33:11 AM »

Darren,

Regarding what we share with others about our beliefs...
I try to keep it simple so that I can understand it myself.

Remember that what we express in a few sentences is supported in our own minds by tons and tons of verbal, written and inspired experiences and with conscious and with un-conscious meditations. 

There is no way that we can convey what has taken us years to learn.  It is impossible because we don't realize how long it really took.  We forget all the notes that we took mentally and then erased and rewrote or wrote and then crossed out or wrote and then appended foot notes that we, in our own minds, can recall at will and automatically. 

The human brain is just that complex.  THEN add to that the FACT that God spoke to you and me a little at a time, every day and even during our sleep time and you can see that there is no way possible for us to teach others the way God does. 

Maybe try this;
Tell folks that you have come to believe that No one is going to hell and that God will save everyone eventually and then stop talking.  Change the subject.  Mention the baseball scores and ask them if they want some more coffee and FORCE yourself to think of other interesting things to discuss.  Maybe you could just tell them that you're not afraid to die.  Nothing else.  Then wait.

Really, IF God wants to open that person's mind and heart, God can do it without us.
If by chance God will let us share in the process of their beginning to see the truth, God can motivate that person to think of the subject while they are apart from us and not even interested in talking to us about any subject. 

We have just got to realize that our poor efforts to share the truth are no more likely to succeed than that of Christendoms ministers efforts to bring peace to the world.  It is not yet time.  Converting the world is Jesus' job and privilege and it won't begin in earnest until Jesus takes his throne in Jerusalem.  That's when the fun starts.

Our job is to fellowship with people of like mind and in a small way to develop the character and strengths of our Lord so that we can be prepared for the tasks ahead.
It is a lonely job in many ways and yet we are not alone.  In fact we are never alone and are in the best company of any people in the whole world.  Be comforted that we have been offered membership in the Pioneers club of Christianity.  We are the trail breakers who go before the settlers and the families who will populate the Righteous Kingdom.  We get to sleep in the open air and see revealed the beauty of God's wonderful plan ahead of all of the others.  We get to discover things that are too wonderful for men to have revealed to them and yet here we are. 

Think of what Jesus went through when he was the only one who understood and for 33 years couldn't share the full truth of God's plan with his closest friends who were constantly with him.  Now that is real, Godly patience.

Enjoy the opportunity and the blessings and commit all of this experience to memory so that when the time is right, you can share it with the millions who come later.

Bob

Kat

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2008, 01:11:28 AM »

Thank you Bob,
That is so precisely put in a way that I totally agree with.  But I could never have put it in words the way that you have.

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 01:13:52 AM by Kat »

winner08

« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2008, 01:51:33 AM »

Bob Kat is so right, you put the beautifully. MAN! that was good. I wish I could convey like that. OK that's enough, I don't want your head to get too big :) ;) :D ;D.  Yes I agree with you on all points. I can just imagine what their thinking after I leave the room. You know there's no such place as hell, and I'm not afraid to die. WOW! I never really thought about it in a real meditated sort of way, how much I learned since being here? I think I been here 5or6mos. not long, but the knowledge i have acquired is unimaginable. I tell the best part of knowing the truth in God's word is the comfort and peace of it all. You know what I mean?? Just knowing my family members are not burning in hell because they was not born again. I and this is just my opinion I think many many more people would want to know about God if they only knew the truth. How their family members aren't burning in hell how all will be saved, just knowing that God is truly a forgiven God and A loving God.

Thanks,

Darren

Heidi

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2008, 02:35:20 AM »

Think of what Jesus went through when he was the only one who understood and for 33 years couldn't share the full truth of God's plan with his closest friends who were constantly with him.  Now that is real, Godly patience.

Enjoy the opportunity and the blessings and commit all of this experience to memory so that when the time is right, you can share it with the millions who come later.

Bob, God bless you my brother.  What you wrote above really hit home for me......joy and peace.  Hallelujah!!

Sirach

« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2008, 08:47:07 AM »

I have to put one in also Bob :)

Great post...this one i will copy and read at least once a week.

God bless you.

Robin

iris

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2008, 10:18:39 AM »

Hi Bob,

That was a really great post!!!

Iris

Imabeliever

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2008, 10:30:01 PM »

MAN!! I must be the biggest hypocrite, when I tell someone about my new found truth according to Ray and Scripture because I look up just about everything Ray Say's that's Scripture I gotta see for myself. Anyway I tell them and they of course tell me how wrong I am and. I should stop listening to Ray. I comp an attitude. I guess they can see it in my face or see it in my replies. I feel strongly about the truth(Gods Truth). I guess I need help in my response. I had one person tell me Jesus never spoke like that. I said IF you ever read Jesus words to the Pharisee and scribes you would see just how Jesus spoke to them. I'm not mean or nasty to them. I like to call it passionate. I don't feel I am no better than anyone. I get the feeling that They feel they are better than me. How does one convey your truth to their
(false truth) Darn did it again.

Darren

I know exactly what your saying.  Especially about the "they feel they are better than me" part,  I struggled with that when I was still in Babylon! I guess it was Gods way of signalling me that it was time to get out of Babylon! It seems more and more every day, that Christians today are more in need of biblical truths than those who don't know God at all! :o
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 23 queries.