bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Isolation  (Read 9325 times)

seekeress

Isolation
« on: May 23, 2006, 05:12:36 PM »

I'm know I'm not alone when I say how challenged I've been by both Ray's teachings, and have sought to respond from a heart set on following Christ and his teachings. However, its tough isn't it when as a consequence you find yourself utterly isolated, when the only 'fellowship' you get is via the internet, and the only friendly / understanding face to listen to his videos! Don't laugh, I even - in desperation - looked up the price of flights to two day conference in Greensboro in August - I wouldn't have got much change from £1000! Just out of interest are there any folks in a similar situation here in GB?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 07:46:45 PM by Kat »

seekeress

Thank you
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 05:43:14 PM »

Thanks for that Bob.

Daniel

Isolation
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 05:50:21 PM »

seekeress

How are you? Yes, I have been alone for almost 20 years myself, more then that if I count the time I was not "aware" of the Lord drawing me to Himself.

Ironically as a young child to my teens and slightly beyond them I'd try ANYTHING to fit in by any means possible in whatever it was (in various forms and packages "fitting in" comes to). Little did I know the actual blessing (being alone) can be in the Lord, I could not fathom such a thing. Here I was spinning my wheels in a direction that was never mine. Finally resigning to the fact . I found great peace where I was accepting that "this" must be for me. I'm not striving against what seemed to be mine already. Changed my striving to seeking after the Lord. If He was drawing me (I was thinking) He must want me to lay hold of Him.

I can feel much more "lonely" in a crowd of people then I do being alone.  I actually do "prefer it" now, alone but not lonely. Our identity should not be drawn from others but from Him in whom we are being recreated. Without Him we can do or knowing nothing. I figured best Him first above all things and put into practice what He commands of me. Wondder whhy John was banished to the Isle of Patmos? You would think God would have put Him "out there" for all the world to see, but wow, what a revelation was given him :idea:

Meanwhile I'm still alone and really loving it, its just wonderful to connect with others who are connected to Him. The joy in that kind of fellowship is indescrible. Nevertheless remaining in my place until His Spirit leads me otherwise. He sure has a way of creating in us a desire for what we would seek, got me "online", and you as well right? :D

Welcome to "internet fellowship" :lol:  Its about the only fellowship I have too, your not alone (we are "out there") :lol: I love that I can read between the posters and feel an instant connection to another knowing them not after the flesh but the Spirit. Works for me :D Not so bad, and if it "gets bad" you just "click" and they are gone :lol: (just kidding)

Daniel

shibboleth

Isolation
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 06:11:21 PM »

Before the Lord drug me to Him, I felt so lonely coming home from church. I thought to myself why am I here? Why do I torture myself week after week by going to church? But, I didn't know there was any other way to know God.
Now I am alone but not lonely. I know Jesus is with me and no matter where I go He is closer than a brother or sister. He is so gentle and kind to me. He talks to me and comforts me in my times of grief and sorrow.

If I could be popular by the worlds standards, or only have Jesus, I would have to take Jesus. He has made himself real to me in a way no human being can ever do. I hope we all have face-to-face friends in the faith, God just doesn't want that for me now.

You are not alone even when you are alone. You don't have to be lonely. You will be misunderstood, and maybe even feared, but you never have to be lonely.

God be with you.

Gill

Isolation
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 07:57:37 PM »

Hello Seekeress ~ fellow Brit here   For some of us (me included), this is as close a thing to fellowship as we can find.  Is it limited?  Yes.  Does it take away all of the spiritual loneliness you feel?  No.  But i know for me, that its a source of comfort, even if its just to log on and 'see' others who believe the same things.  Most of the time, i do this ...  

I'm coming to accept the situation that i find myself in, hard as it can be.  If anything, it causes me to cry out to God and that can only be a good thing.

If you wish to pm me, feel free ...and welcome :)

gmik

isolation
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 08:29:15 PM »

Welcome to our forum.   I know that "Zander" is from London. He was over on the testimony thread a while ago.  Seems like there are a few more.  Stick around and you will get to know us!

Mickyd

Isolation
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 10:52:59 PM »

I suppose that isolation is just part of the walk that we must take. I'm also in the same situation. My wife and I talk about it from time to time...but she has never really studied the Bible. I end up feeling like I'm preaching to her...which is not what I want to do.

But.... I've made some good friends here and I communicate both in and out of the forum by e-mail. :D

seekeress

Thank you all
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2006, 02:35:39 AM »

Thank you to all of you, it feels a lot less lonely when you know others are experiencing exactly the same thing. Although its totally irrelevant when you fellowship on the net where folk are from, I have to admit its sort of nice to know other Brits are discovering these truths too! I'm on the Devon/Cornwall border. Perhaps if there was enough of us we could persuade Mike or Ray to visit??!! Perhaps not! Speak to you again. S

orion77

Isolation
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2006, 12:46:19 PM »

Welcome to the forum, Seekeress.

I, like the others here share the same things.  It is very hard to find people who know God, truly in the Spirit.

Why this is, I'm not sure, but it seems He knows us better than we do ourselves.  This solitude at times can be difficult, but to be honest it has brought a more genuine relationship, in spirit and truth.

Glad we all stumbled onto this sight, it has been a great blessing.

God bless,

Gary

orion77

Isolation
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2006, 12:46:44 PM »

I, like the others here share the same things.  It is very hard to find people who know God, truly in the Spirit.

Why this is, I'm not sure, but it seems He knows us better than we do ourselves.  This solitude at times can be difficult, but to be honest it has brought a more genuine relationship, in spirit and truth.

God bless,

Gary

orion77

Isolation
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2006, 12:47:24 PM »

God bless,

Gary

orion77

Isolation
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2006, 12:49:00 PM »

OOPS, sorry about that.   :lol:  :lol:

Gary

zander

Isolation
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2006, 01:50:26 PM »

Gmik wrote: Welcome to our forum. I know that "Zander" is from London. He was over on the testimony thread a while ago. Seems like there are a few more. Stick around and you will get to know us!

Yes, here i am.  Its bloody wet and i hate this weather.  Whatever happened to global warming?  :D  Welcome Seekeress!  Nice to have another Brit.  You wont be lonely with us, i hope.

I have looked at prices over to the states before for some of their conferences, but didnt have the time (holiday days from work) or the cash to do it.  Actually money wouldnt be too much of a problem, so maybe one day i will make it, but i would need the time.  I am going to NY in July and it will be 1st time in America - yeeha. 8)

buddyjc

isolation
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2006, 02:46:26 PM »

Hi Seekeress,

I feel isolated as well, and I know what you're going through.  I'm sure the apostle John felt isolated on the island of Patmos where he received the Revelation of Christ.  Hey...did you guys know that the word 'patmos' means 'my killing?'  Well...I thought it was interesting anyway.   :shock: Many of the believers in Paul's day turned against him as well.  It is inevitable that we will feel isolated at some point, but cheer up, Christ is with you all the time, and He is known as the 'Comforter.'  I know we would like to have a friend that has 'skin,' but Jesus is the best friend I ever had.  Anyway...welcome to the forum.  

Brian Wilson

buddyjc

isolation
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2006, 02:46:50 PM »

Hi Seekeress,

I feel isolated as well, and I know what you're going through.  I'm sure the apostle John felt isolated on the island of Patmos where he received the Revelation of Christ.  Hey...did you guys know that the word 'patmos' means 'my killing?'  Well...I thought it was interesting anyway.   :shock: Many of the believers in Paul's day turned against him as well.  It is inevitable that we will feel isolated at some point, but cheer up, Christ is with you all the time, and He is known as the 'Comforter.'  I know we would like to have a friend that has 'skin,' but Jesus is the best friend I ever had.  Anyway...welcome to the forum.  

Brian Wilson

buddyjc

isolation
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2006, 02:47:22 PM »

Hi Seekeress,

Brian Wilson

buddyjc

isolation
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2006, 02:47:48 PM »

Hi Seekeress,

Brian Wilson

Lightseeker

Isolation
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2006, 02:49:32 PM »

I guess I have a different experience than all of you.  Six months after getting born again in '72' I was having acclerated growth, from self study just going to different events and home groups.  But getting into the church was like cutting the engines and gliding....down.  I was raised Catholic but we joined my wife's Lutheran church, and when we hit the door we were qualified as leaders.....just because we were warm bodies.  Within 6 months I had a youth group and was teaching high school Sunday school.  We were in the church for two years.  Disenchanted with organized religion we left the church for 17 years, fellowshipping with believers wherever we could and thriving in a homegroup mentoring situation where we met three times a week for two years.  

The Rapture doctrine was the first to fall within those first few years, and then we went to a retreat in Arkansas and was exposed to ultimate reconcilliation in '74' I think.  About 8 of us from our homegroup went and our view of God was challenged.  It took 10 years of study looking at all my questions to fully embrace 'reconcilliation'.

But 18 years ago I felt like God was calling us back into the organized church.  We were experiencing 'all knowledge little application Christianity'.  That was just wrong IMO.  We checked out several before ending up in the last place I'd have expected to be called to.  An non denom. independent Baptist church with a tongue speaking preacher.  We had our tribulations and trials but God hasn't called me out of that church yet.

I have had extensive imput in mentoring 3 of the six elders in this body and been allowed quite a bit of freedom.  I was given the job of establishing the deliverance ministry and had taught Sunday school regularly, and on and off as a substitute.  I've led homegroups and had a men's ministry, and young men's mentoring group over the years.

We got a new pastor 3 years ago.  Upon arrival he got all the 'poop' on where people were at.  He...like the last pastor for 14 years didn't agree with reconcilliation.  But they couldn't deny my bonified love for Jesus and willingness to be used of God in ministry to the body. But neither was I ever able to teach openly about reconcilliation.  Most of the body really doesn't  know 'what all that I believe'.  They just keep hearing that, "He's way out there doctrinally.

That hasn't really bothered me because some truths according to Paul require a measure of maturity before being exposed to anyway IMO.  Is

1CO 2:5  That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God. 6  Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

eutychus

Isolation
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2006, 02:50:05 PM »

WELCOME.

DONT FEEL LIKE THIS;
Splendid Isolation - Warren Zevon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I want to live alone in the desert
I want to be like Georgia O'Keefe
I want to live on the Upper East Side
And never go down in the street
Splendid Isolation
I don't need no one
Splendid Isolation

Michael Jackson in Disneyland
Don't have to share it with nobody else
Lock the gates, Goofy, take my hand
And lead me through the World of Self

Splendid Isolation
I don't need no one
Splendid Isolation

Don't want to wake up with no one beside me
Don't want to take up with nobody new
Don't want nobody coming by without calling first
Don't want nothing to do with you

I'm putting tinfoil up on the windows
Lying down in the dark to dream
I don't want to see their faces
I don't want to hear them scream

Splendid Isolation
I don't need no one
Splendid Isolation

Splendid Isolation
I don't need no one
Splendid Isolation

berny

We are not alone anymore
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2006, 11:52:44 AM »

hi,
i also felt lonley thought i was crazy and could not find anyone who understood where i was coming from, then i found this site i live in newcastle upon tyne and would love to meet up with anyone who lives nearby to discuss bible truths i have a great husband and two kids but he is not interested in religion, sorry i am pretty boring as god and bible truths is all i can think about lately.
berny
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.