bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: AUTHORITY OVER THE NATIONS...  (Read 13445 times)

Falconn003

AUTHORITY OVER THE NATIONS...
« on: October 14, 2008, 06:34:07 PM »

q
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 09:21:44 AM by Falconn003 »

mharrell08

Re: AUTHORITY OVER THE NATIONS...
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 07:09:34 PM »

The Seven Nations to be removed from the PROMISED land of Canaan: Hittites, Girgashites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites.

Spiritual Enlightenment comes not from their names, but the meaning of their names.

the Hittite::one who is broken; who fears

the Girgashite ::

the Amorites::

the Canaanites::merchant,

the Perizzite meant rustics, dwellers in open, unwalled villages.

the Hivites::

the Jebusites::

Conquering fear, buying and selling, living open and unprotected. Are but 3/7 Spiritual Triumphs what are the other 4, i purposely left blank.

Having found another GEM in the articles written by Ray, all i am doing here is sharing it, and never am selfish, as to claim it for myself.

Peace and Understanding
Rodger

Hello Rodger,

I'll give it a shot...Lord knows I do not understand completely yet but hope to soon:

the Girgashite :: "dwelling on a clayey soil" (earthly?)

the Amorites:: "a sayer" (From root 'amar H559; I like this definition: to say in one's heart; to boast; to act proudly)

the Hivites:: "villagers" ?

the Jebusites::  "descendants of Jebus"  (Definition of Jebus: "threshing place"; Jebus comes from root H947 which is a verb that means 'to trample down; reject; to thread down; kick out)

That's all I got...hopefully others can fill me in.  :)

Thanks,

Marques

mharrell08

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 11:58:22 PM »

Oooooh...nice, now I see!  :D

Marques

Falconn003

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 12:02:17 AM »

I my self am starting too see aswell... :)

Rodger

aqrinc

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 01:09:51 AM »

Hi Rodger,

this is what i found out about the hivites. I am following this thread but way behind; so please forgive my feeble effort to contribute.

George.  ???

From the jewish enclopedia: HIVITES 

One of the Canaanitic nations dispossessed by the children of Israel (Gen. x. 17; Ex. xxiii. 23, 28; et al.). In the Hebrew text the name occurs only in the singular; its meaning is, according to Gesenius, "the villager" (comp. , or, according to Ewald ("Gesch. des Volkes Israel," i. 318), "the midlander," the Hivites having previously inhabited central Palestine. The Hivite was the sixth son of Canaan (Gen. x. 17). In the first enumeration (Gen. xv. 19-21) of the nations which occupied Palestine in the time of Abraham, the Hivites are not mentioned. Hamor, the Prince of Shechem, was a Hivite; if the Hivites were Shechemites, they are represented as peaceful, credulous, and given to trade and cattle-raising (Gen. xxxiv. 2, 18-29). Like the Hittites, they held their assemblies in the gates of their cities (Gen. xxxiv. 20). Later, in the time of the conquest of Palestine by Joshua, fearing to meet the Israelites in battle, they resorted to stratagem; as they had been outwitted by the sons of Jacob, so they duped Joshua and all the Israelites (Josh. ix. 3-27). The Hivites had then four cities—Gibeon, Chephirah, Beeroth, and Kirjath-jearim (Josh. ix. 17), situated a considerable distance apart. The Gibeonites were spared by Joshua on account of his oath. The Hivites spread toward the north of Palestine, their main body lying under Mount Hermon, in the land of Mizpeh (Josh. xi. 3), "in Mount Lebanon," from Baal-hermon to Hamath (Judges iii. 3). Joab, when numbering the Israelites, is stated to have come to the stronghold of Tyre and to all the cities of the Hivites (II Sam. xxiv. 7). Targ. Yer. Gen. x. 17 renders "ha-Ḥiwwi" by "Ṭeripola'e" (Tripolitans?).J. M. S

hillsbororiver

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 10:53:17 AM »

Some parables are easily noticed, others you need to dig deeper, for a looksy....

Hi Rodger,

A most interesting and enlightening thread to be sure, your last statement reminded me of this verse;

Luk 6:48  He is like a man which built a house and digged deep and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.

Peace,

Joe

Falconn003

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 01:37:59 PM »

Joe

Thnx for the encouragment and Scripture....... they come fewer for me these days :).

Solid rock foundation is an important premise, i agree must be present in every presentation of Faith and Scripture.

Rodger

mharrell08

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2008, 03:42:40 PM »

Great thread Rodger

Matt. 12:28-30

v28  But if I [Jesus] cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.

v29  Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.

v30  He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

Before one can become a Holy Nation of God. It seems an eviction would be in order, i for one, still have many of these still occupying/and oobstructing me building upon the Land.

I like that...eviction. The Lord comes and puts out the bums! [wicked powers & principalities]. Do not pass go, do not collect $200!   ;D

Thanks,

Marques

« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 03:43:46 PM by mharrell08 »

OBrenda

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2008, 05:04:05 PM »

Borrowed from Ray, if i may....

"It was what was already in US that caused US to sin."  Those BUMS....devils... evil spirits that obstruct our possesion of the Land.

Peace
Rodger

Rodger,

I'm just in Nursery School" level here!  So I ask your patience with my ignorance...
I've had to read this thread several times.  I think I'm starting to understand/see what your showing us.   :-\
Can you explain the relationship between the beast in us, & the BUMS.....devils....evil spirits?

Trying really hard to grasp this,
Brenda

mharrell08

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2008, 05:34:20 PM »

Rodger,

I'm just in Nursery School" level here!  So I ask your patience with my ignorance...
I've had to read this thread several times.  I think I'm starting to understand/see what your showing us.   :-\
Can you explain the relationship between the beast in us, & the BUMS.....devils....evil spirits?

Trying really hard to grasp this,
Brenda

Hello Brenda,

Remember, the 'Beast' is YOU. (carnality; flesh)

The Canaanite nations are wicked powers & principalities in YOU. (greed, lust, etc.)

Christ comes quickly [Rev. 22:20] to you.

Christ comes and binds up the strong man [man of perdition; the beast] in you.

Matt. 12:28-29  But if I [Jesus] cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you. Or else how can one [Jesus] enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods [Col 2:15  And having spoiled principalities and powers, he [Jesus] made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.], except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house [cast out devils; wicked powers & prinicipalities; the Canaanite nations in YOU].

This has been an amazing, revealing thread! The Lord is AWESOME!  ;D

Hope this helps,

Marques

Falconn003

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2008, 06:55:11 PM »

OBrenda

In the Old Testament, Israel was taken trough all this trails by God leading them. Physically, mentally.

This is opposite of what the Called Out are being taken through Spiritually.

Israel being led Physically to the promised Land((Jesus the Christ)). The called out being led SPIRITUALLY to the promise ((Jesus the Christ)).

"1st the Physical then the Spiritual...."

Present time we still have those, who would endure a physical path leading to no where but Death.
Some are just happy and content with the life they are living now, sustaining in themselves what they believe to be faith from the indoctrination of man, and so on and so on......

And we have the CALLED OUT being taken trough a Spiritual path that leads to become overcomers and the promise.

Back then Israel were babes drinking milk of the Physical seen.
Presently the called out are eating meat of the Spirit unseen.

Then Israel dealt with trails and prosecution from physical enemies and survival from death was eminent.
Presently the called out are dealing with trails and prosecution from evil spiritual beast and LIFE is eminent.

Israel need to SEE God and when God took the form of man in Jesus the Christ, they still did not believe.
Presently the called out need Faith gifted by the grace of God, and we can see Jesus the Christ in one another of like minded fellowshipsand they do believe.

God is constant, and this is another Revelation of Christ Jesus who is reigning and Aliive in all the Word written trough out the Bible. turn a page, Jesus is there, turn another page Jesus is there, turn another and again Jesus is there.........From beginning to the end, bringing all and all to the Father.

This is the Glorious Gospel of God willing Us all to TRIUMPH.

Peace
Rodger
Hope this is a bit clearer....:)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 08:06:10 PM by Falconn003 »

Marlene

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2008, 07:31:15 PM »

Roger,
This discussion has really been good for me. Being new to just beleveing like this. I see so much from those scriptures. We certainly have great hope. Now that I am freed from man made doctrines I amrunning in the race with Christ in charge. He has brought such peace to my life from Ray's website and also, fellowship with like minded people. Now, I love God more , I understand him more spiritually, and know he is able to bring me to the finish. Take our eyes off man made traditions and earthly things and keep our eyes on the prize. The Great I Am. Thanks so much for this discussion
In His Love,
Marlene

Falconn003

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2008, 08:12:23 PM »

Roger,
This discussion has really been good for me. Being new to just beleveing like this. I see so much from those scriptures. We certainly have great hope. Now that I am freed from man made doctrines I amrunning in the race with Christ in charge. He has brought such peace to my life from Ray's website and also, fellowship with like minded people. Now, I love God more , I understand him more spiritually, and know he is able to bring me to the finish. Take our eyes off man made traditions and earthly things and keep our eyes on the prize. The Great I Am. Thanks so much for this discussion
In His Love,
Marlene

Marlene

Welcome to the Forum and Our Fellowship. I know and understand you will be swamped at 1st of soooo many truths coming at you from all sides of your SPIRIT.

One thing that always helped me at the beginging of my Spiritual walk is making sure what i read gives GLORY to God, if it did not, more then likely it would soon having me, myself doing the same and not given Glory to God, so i abstain from such readings.

Hope you enjoy more threads from other members,, and looking to seeing you post some yourself and sharing what you have had revealed to you by the Holy Spirit.

Peace and Understanding
Rodger

Richard D

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2008, 09:29:40 PM »

Rodger.

This is truly an inspiring thread. Thank you for posting it. It has helped me very much with my understanding in many ways. I do want to thank you. I also want to tell you Rodger the love and consideration I felt coming from the answers you have given especially to our sister Marlene was very inspiring to me.

Rodger, you and I had two issues in the past, anyways this last issue was my fault and I want you to know I feel horrible about what I had done against you. I apologize for my sin against you Rodger.

The first issue we had Rodger perhaps I misunderstood your meaning to me and things took off from there. The thing is Rodger, yesterday is gone. What can we two do today that will restore the brotherly love between us that God demands of us?

Rodger, I ask that you forgive me for my sins against you, my brother in Christ. I want to put this behind us Rodger because it’s the Godly thing to do. It’s the right thing to do.

I’m not perfect Rodger and yes I do make mistakes. I guess while we are in these earthly vessels there will be problems and troubles between brothers and sisters but we are all in the body of Christ.

Rodger, please consider these things I’m saying to you.

In His Love. Your brother Richard.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 09:33:15 PM by Richard D »

aqrinc

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2008, 10:55:28 PM »

Roger,

Thank you for that really concise way of exposing the Revelation that God Gave To you. As a
child when i read the Bible all these things that are being Revealed now made sense then in a
childish way. Before christendom got hold of me; while still a child i was trusting of the Word
when it was read to me by my Mother and then my Teacher in school. School was a methodist
parochial school in Belize, Ca. administered by a British minister.

My reason for this jaunt into the past is because of these Scripture:

Mar_10:15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little
child, he shall not enter therein.

Gal_4:1 Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant,
though he be lord of all;

2Ti_3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make
thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

George.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 10:59:41 PM by aqr »

Falconn003

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2008, 02:42:11 AM »

Roger,

Thank you for that really concise way of exposing the Revelation that God Gave To you. As a
child when i read the Bible all these things that are being Revealed now made sense then in a
childish way. Before christendom got hold of me; while still a child i was trusting of the Word
when it was read to me by my Mother and then my Teacher in school. School was a methodist
parochial school in Belize, Ca. administered by a British minister.

My reason for this jaunt into the past is because of these Scripture:

Mar_10:15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little
child, he shall not enter therein.

Gal_4:1 Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant,
though he be lord of all;

2Ti_3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make
thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

George.

George

Nice of you to share a bit of your youth with us.

The lost innocence of a child.........when everything was sooooo simple.

Peace
Rodger

Several months back if not 1 year ago, i did a Scripture search of child......and that was an Enlightenment as well........perhaps for another thread.

Marlene

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2008, 06:00:24 AM »

Rodger, I would be very interested in hearing about your scripture search of a child. I know for sure we have to come back to our first love. Trusting in him like a child. I can remember before I got in to Babylon right after I had been reading . ..... I read a scripture where he said he was Savior of the world. I thought he was amazing to die for everyone. I believed that for most of my childhood. My parents joined a Lutheran Church and we would go, but I never heard anything but he died for everyone. Then my husband when we got married joined a church and they taught about hell and mixed old law and new.
My husband did not get to interested in reading the scriptures and he had alot
less fear being he just thought God died for everyone. I guess he never took the Hell theory to heart like I did. When, I told him about Ray's website and he believed all will eventually go to heaven. He just said, "That Makes Sense".
but I had lots of Babylon teachings to give up. I know one thing I would never want to feel the way Babylon makes you feel ever again.
God Bless
Marlene

Falconn003

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2008, 09:42:09 AM »

Rodger, I would be very interested in hearing about your scripture search of a child. I know for sure we have to come back to our first love. Trusting in him like a child. I can remember before I got in to Babylon right after I had been reading . ..... I read a scripture where he said he was Savior of the world. I thought he was amazing to die for everyone. I believed that for most of my childhood. My parents joined a Lutheran Church and we would go, but I never heard anything but he died for everyone. Then my husband when we got married joined a church and they taught about hell and mixed old law and new.
My husband did not get to interested in reading the scriptures and he had alot
less fear being he just thought God died for everyone. I guess he never took the Hell theory to heart like I did. When, I told him about Ray's website and he believed all will eventually go to heaven. He just said, "That Makes Sense".
but I had lots of Babylon teachings to give up. I know one thing I would never want to feel the way Babylon makes you feel ever again.
God Bless
Marlene

Marlene
I will PM them to you as they are just notes at the moment...

Rodger

Heidi

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2008, 08:13:22 AM »

All I can say is WOW!  Never has the scriptures become so real and applyable to my life.  What a LIVING WORD!!  (Emphasis on LIVING.)  I am sooooo hungry and can't seem to get enough food.  God will chase out the Canaanite nations in my life for me to possess the promised land!!!

aqrinc

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2009, 03:51:24 AM »

Hi Roger and Marques,

Some more information on the meaning of Hivites. This is an awsome amount of Revelation;
well worth revisiting at this time i think.

Gen 36: 1-8(CLV)

1- And these are the genealogical annals of Esau (He is Edom):
2- Esau took his wives from the daughters of Canaan: Adah, the daughter of Elon, the Hittite; and Aholibamah, the daughter of Anah, the son of Zibeon, the Hivite;"
3- and Bashemath, the daughter of Ishmael, sister of Nebaioth.
4- And bearing is Adah for Esau Eliphaz, and Bashemath bears Reuel,
5- and Aholibamah bears Jeush, and Jaalam, and Korah. These are the sons of Esau, who were born for him in the land of Canaan.
6- And taking is Esau his wives and his sons and his daughters and all the souls of his household, and all his cattle and all his beasts and all his acquisitions, and all that he got in the land of Canaan, and going is he from the land of Canaan, from the face of Jacob, his brother,
7- for it comes that they get more than may dwell together, and the land of their sojourning cannot bear them, in view of the multitude of their cattle.
8- And dwelling is Esau in mount Seir. (Esau, he is Edom..

Strongs:
H2340
חוּי
chivvîy
khiv-vee'
Perhaps from H2333; a villager; a Chivvite, one of the aboriginal tribes of Palestine: - Hivite.

H2333
חוּה
chavvâh
khav-vaw'
Properly the same as H2332 (lifegiving, that is, living place); by implication an encampment or village: - (small) town.

BDB Definition:
H2333
חוּה
chavvâh
1) village, town, tent village
Part of Speech: noun feminine
A Related Word by BDB/Strong’s Number: properly, the same as H2332 (life-giving, i.e. living-place)
Same Word by TWOT Number: 617a

george. :)

« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 03:53:36 AM by aqr »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 17 queries.