bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Don't panic..just wait.  (Read 4519 times)

WhoAmI

Don't panic..just wait.
« on: October 15, 2008, 04:48:03 AM »

I was just reading some scripture and I was reminded that many times we feel things are not working out or things are going wrong or we just can't get it right etc. We get impatient and start looking for other gods that will hasten our predicament. How much better if we can just stand fast and wait. Are we not believers that God has a plan? Where then is our faith?

Ex 32:1 Now when the people saw that Moses delayed coming down from the mountain, the people gathered together to Aaron, and said to him, "Come, make us gods that shall go before us; for as for this Moses, the man who brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we do not know what has become of him."

Ac 1:4 And being assembled together with them, He commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the Promise of the Father, "which," He said, "you have heard from Me;

Jeff

gmik

Re: Don't panic..just wait.
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 07:40:47 PM »

So true!!  Good reminder.

Altho going thru a trial is tougher than it looks.  I am amazed at some of our forum family who tell us of something but then trust God completely, when I think maybe I couldn't have held it together.

I used to be in the "faith message" :-[ and thought that was the be all end all!  |Now I am thinking pride is right up there!

OBrenda

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 09:36:19 PM »

Jeff,

Very timely & uplifting, feels like it was just for me!    ;D

Thanks,
Brenda

iris

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 09:43:47 PM »

I was just reading some scripture and I was reminded that many times we feel things are not working out or things are going wrong or we just can't get it right etc. We get impatient and start looking for other gods that will hasten our predicament. How much better if we can just stand fast and wait. Are we not believers that God has a plan? Where then is our faith?

Ex 32:1 Now when the people saw that Moses delayed coming down from the mountain, the people gathered together to Aaron, and said to him, "Come, make us gods that shall go before us; for as for this Moses, the man who brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we do not know what has become of him."

Ac 1:4 And being assembled together with them, He commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the Promise of the Father, "which," He said, "you have heard from Me;

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

It takes a lot of faith to stand and wait, and believe in God's plan for us.

Iris

winner08

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 10:56:53 PM »

After Katrina we lived in a fema match box they call a trailer for 3yrs. During those 3 yrs I prayed ever night before bed and ever morning when I woke up for God to give me the strenght to carry on. To help me fine a place I can afford. To keep my family safe and together. It took 3 yrs but All the above came to pass. We are all healthy, safe and now we have our first house together.

Thank you Jesus,

Darren

Marlene

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 12:26:21 AM »

Darren, I am so happy to hear how God Blessed you. It reminds me of a time we wanted a house so bad. We found this huge house we wanted and could not afford it. We continued to rent a small apartment for years. Well, my husband started checking in farmer homes. We made 500 dollars too much. He was trying to find a way that we could make 500 dollars less. My husband is a very patient and kind human being. I always thought more patient then I am. That day I said "Look how upset you have made yourself. We were happy in our apartment, but he wanted a house. I told him we should just start praying for what we really needed. We needed an extra bedroom and a garage. So, we prayed for it. Quite a few years latter his great-grandmother who was 101 passed away. His family all wanted us to have the house. I have very bad health now and we see that it is what we needed and was the will of god.
Yes, we do panic and when we do that it leads us out of his will. I just want to say I love the forum cause we all can see answers in prayer when we wait in patience and do not try to control things we can't. We need never panic because we have an all knowing God who will lead us the right way.

In His Love
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.