bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Many  (Read 4598 times)

Martinez

Many
« on: October 15, 2008, 06:51:34 PM »

I was going through the bible and I noticed that if the truth of universal salvation is glaringly obvious if you look at all the places where christ talks about the few and the chosen.

I'm only going to post a few. I'll leave the rest for you guys, but I think you'll see what I mean.

Mat 3:7  But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

Mat 7:13  Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Mat 7:14  Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Mat 7:22  Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23  And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

He's not exactly painting the many in a posivtive light here and these are the verses that christian's just love to use as "proof" that most of mankind will burn forever, but then look at these.

Mat 8:11  And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.

Mat 20:28  Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

Mat 26:28  For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Joh 14:2  In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Joh 17:2  As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

Here's my favourite confimation verse, it doesn't have the word many in it, but it is pretty obvious.

Mat 9:37  Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few;
Mat 9:38  Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.

I only used the ones that were Jesus's actuall words, but there is a ton in parable form in the story of Jesus in the gospels.

Anyone wanna do some sharpening?

Stevernator

Re: Many
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 09:16:59 PM »

Romans 5:15
But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

Romans 5:19
For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

We know all die because of sin so would it stand to reason that all will be made righteous. Will Jesus convert as many lives as the sin of Adam?
Yes!

Beloved

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 10:19:23 PM »

There are thousands of references throughout scritpures but my favorite "proof" is here

Here is who that He is talking to

(Mat 21:23)  And he having come to the temple, there came to him when teaching the chief priests and the elders of the people, saying, `By what authority dost thou do these things? and who gave thee this authority?'

He gives them a Quiz

(Mat 21:28)  `And what think ye? A man had two children, and having come to the first, he said, Child, go, to-day be working in my vineyard.'
(Mat 21:29)  And he answering said, `I will not,' but at last, having repented, he went.
(Mat 21:30)  `And having come to the second, he said in the same manner, and he answering said, I go , sir, and went not;

They answer correctly
(Mat 21:31)  which of the two did the will of the father?' They say to him, `The first.'

Jesus tells them point blank

Jesus saith to them, `Verily I say to you, that the tax-gatherers and the harlots do go [s]before you [/s] into the reign of God,

Now if the Pharisees and scribes etc are going after them then it means that they ARE GOING INTO THE KNIGDOM, someday...and these are the very people are the who ordered His death.

Oh Lord open their peepers soon    :o

beloved

Heidi

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 06:17:04 AM »

Beloved, thank you for this jewel of insight.  I have never seen it before now....hallelujah

legoman

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 04:40:12 PM »

Hi beloved, yes that is a good one.

The first shall be last, and the last shall be first.

But they all make it!

Kevin

tinknocker

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 01:36:45 AM »

Beloved,

Thanks, thats a good one! 8)

tinknocker
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.