bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blessings in Christ  (Read 4797 times)

Ricco

Blessings in Christ
« on: October 15, 2008, 07:33:06 PM »

What about the blessings we have in Christ, for all
the promises of Christ are yea and amen?
Is there a difference between tribulation from God which is for
purification and tribulation from satan as he is an opportunist.

I know God is fully in control, but it was God who said that we have
to choice of life and death, and that we were to choose life, how
does this pertain to tribulations.

Thanks for the help
God's blessings to all 

lilitalienboi16

Re: Blessings in Christ
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 07:39:38 PM »

What about the blessings we have in Christ, for all
the promises of Christ are yea and amen?
Is there a difference between tribulation from God which is for
purification and tribulation from satan as he is an opportunist.

I know God is fully in control, but it was God who said that we have
to choice of life and death, and that we were to choose life, how
does this pertain to tribulations.

Thanks for the help
God's blessings to all 

?

Matt

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 07:55:33 PM »

I think I understand what you are saying, though there are many here who will answer this much better than I will.

You say "tribulation from satan as he is an opportunist"
I believe that even Satan gets his marching orders from God.  He was made for a purpose, just like the rest of creation.  Satan is not just sitting and waiting for targets of opportunity so he can ruin God's plans.
You said it yourself "I know God is fully in control", just believe it! ;)

Keep studying Ray's teachings.  It may take months and years to understand (I have to review it many times still), but once it sinks in, you will be glad you put in the time and effort.

Matt

OBrenda

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 09:39:55 PM »

Hi Ricco,

I will also leave it to others better able to answer, but I wanted to say welcome!

Brenda

Marlene

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 09:46:37 PM »

Matt, I have to agree with you. I go back and read often and read my Bible and mark places. But, A verse i remember in my head is this one "Greater is he who is in you , then he who is of the world". I think we worry too much about Satan, when we have to put our trust in God that the Devil does nothing out of the control of God.  When we look at our only hope n stead of anything that takes our eyes off of God . How can there be anything then victory in him . Another one that comes to mind is "Lean not on your own understanding". I understand it that Satan is defeated. But, it was a good question and good answer for sure Matt.
In His Love
Marlene

Heidi

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 07:18:03 AM »

Ricco, I rejoice in times of tribulation because I know then that God loves me.  When going through a time of great difficulty start thinking "how can I overcome", ask God to help you to spot the spiritual truths that He is trying to teach you while going through it.  Remember, Satan is a tool that God uses, don't give him any more power than just that.  I sometimes think that people try and consentrate so much on trying to spot the devil that they fail to see God's lesson.

Heidi

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 07:29:42 AM »

I found this scripture while reading another post but fits in well with your question:

II Thessalonians 1: 3-12

3-We are bound to thank God always for you, brothers, as it is meet, because that your faith grows exceedingly, and the charity of every one of you all toward each other abounds;

4-So that we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that you endure:

5-Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that you may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you also suffer:

Ricco

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 01:20:33 PM »

Thank you all for making me feel so welcome.
God bless you
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 20 queries.