bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Contentment  (Read 4272 times)

Matt

Contentment
« on: October 15, 2008, 07:36:42 PM »

Has anyone ever felt so content and peaceful since knowing the truth?

I used to be so stressed out and impatient when it came to understanding the Word.
Right now, I am going through a period of such satisfaction in my walk.
I have my fair share of bad times >:( :( :-[ :'(, (too many to list) and good times :D, but I still feel so at ease.  Knowing that God IS love, He IS merciful, He IS righteous!

It is very strange.  I have so much still to learn, but the huge holes in my knowledge no longer bother me.
My inner understanding of God's will insulates me, even though I often find it hard to vocalize.
As much as I desire to share, Sometimes, I find it very hard to go any deeper at this time. 
I can't recall the truths that I want when I feel I need it most (explaining scriptures to others), but I know that the truth is inside of me.  This gives me a strange sort of comfort!

I feel so, so..... loved and sheltered by our Father ;D
I pray for everyone here to experience the same peace and satisfaction that I have been given.

Just wanted to share,
Matt ;)

EKnight

Re: Contentment
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 10:03:02 PM »

Matt, I couldn't have said it better myself.  I feel exactly the same way. 

Eileen

cherokee

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 10:06:24 PM »

Yes Matt, I feel the same way too.

It is very strange.  I have so much still to learn, but the huge holes in my knowledge no longer bother me.
My inner understanding of God's will insulates me, even though I often find it hard to vocalize.
As much as I desire to share, Sometimes, I find it very hard to go any deeper at this time.  
I can't recall the truths that I want when I feel I need it most (explaining scriptures to others), but I know that the truth is inside of me.  This gives me a strange sort of comfort!
I am the same way. ;)

Love and Peace to all.
Suzie

jenniferonline

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 01:19:23 AM »

I relate.  It's a deep satisfaction that I've been searching for all my life.  I would trade NOTHING for that peace.  There is now no confusion about who is being saved, because like many of you virtually everyone in my family has not been "enlightened" and i no longer have to convince, beg or barter for their salvation....just love their little heathen souls.  :)

Seriously though...  WHAT FREEDOM!!!

Marlene

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 05:38:45 AM »

Hello, Well, its the peace that makes us know it is real truth. Cause like most on here once finding the truth fear just left. Love came in fears place.

In His Love
Marlene

WhoAmI

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 04:40:27 AM »

Yes, it's beautiful. Thank you God!

Jeff

OBrenda

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2008, 09:41:33 AM »

Yes,

Peaceful & Contentment in my understanding of God.  And our relationship to him.  Many things I use to agonize over, I have no need to worry.

Day to Day schisms with family, health issues & financial security are still challenges for me, but easier to cope with!
Through each trial, my trust and faith grow stronger for the next time!
 :)
Brenda

aqrinc

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2008, 06:43:52 PM »

Ditto Brenda, Matthew, Jeff, Marlene, Jen, Suzie, Eileen.

This is just the mere tip of the iceberg of the (Peace Of God) that surpasses all understanding, (An Earnest).
Thanks you all for expressing what i feel (Content, Fearlessness, Peace, Learning Love) for almost everyone
i meet now. We are a Strange Work In Progress; All Praise to God and Our Lord Jesus Christ.

George.

Heidi

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2008, 12:43:02 AM »

......the (Peace Of God) that surpasses all understanding, (An

Funny thing is George, when I was still in Babylon I never could relate to the above verse, I never seemed to get that peace........and now.......well, it does surpass all understanding.

What freedom, what a release........there is absolutely nothing that is going to happen to me that God has not already predestined.  What an AWESOME God we serve........HALLELUJAH AND AMEN!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.