bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Joel Osteen  (Read 12326 times)

EKnight

Joel Osteen
« on: October 15, 2008, 10:05:25 PM »

My husband saw Joel Osteen and his wife today where he was working.  I guess he has another book coming out.

I told my husband to hand him a slip of paper with bible-truths.com on it.  ;)

Eileen

Beloved

Re: Joel Osteen
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 10:30:06 PM »

Unless the paper was a check, I doubt that he will do anything with it.

Think about it, when you were deeply involved in babylon would this ploy have ever worked on you?  So why would this person so involved with the world and himself be phazed by this question?   It is God who will draw men toward Him..

Now if your paper had said... God love all of mankind and his word proves it. When are you going open up the Bible you carry and actually read it.

;D ;D ;D  Oh we love them so much we just want to squeeeze them hard and show them what we have been shown.  ;D ;D

beloved

EKnight

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 10:49:27 PM »

Now if your paper had said... God love all of mankind and his word proves it. When are you going open up the Bible you carry and actually read it.

That would have been a better idea...ha ha ha. 

Eileen

Longhorn

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 12:26:27 AM »

Everytime I see him and his trophy wife on t.v I get the uncontrollable urge to ram my hand through my t.v. and slap him upside his head with that 12 pound bible he toats around but never opens.  Just being honest.

Love in Christ

Longhorn

winner08

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 12:50:17 AM »

As I was flipping through the channels last night I came across Oral Robertson and Benny Hinn. What a combo.    Robertson was asking for money in order to keep the orphans feed and cloth. He's starting price started in the thousands and went down to fifty dollars. while Benny was blowing people over. It was so funny. The same time so sad. I remember when oral Robertson told his followers that they were short 4million dollars to Finnish the new building. If he didn't get the money God told him that He would take him. (he would die). I couldn't believe my ears. Guess what he got it.

Darren

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 12:58:37 AM »

Actually it's Joel's wife who has the book. It's all about how to be happy  :)

Ray watched them last night on TV and was telling me how it really is easy to be happy, happy, happy when your very, very rich.

Marlene

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 01:05:00 AM »

Darren and Longhorn ,
        I also, saw Earl Roberts on With Benny. "What a crock" as Ray sometimes says.
       Longhorn, I can remember when they use to say if Elvis didnt like something on TV he would shoot it out with a gun. One night I heard a Babylon teacher. My Mom was sitting with me when I saw it. I said, if I had a gun like Elvis I would shoot that out now. LOL Yes, somedtimes we don't think lovingly.
In His Love
Marlene

Beloved

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 01:05:51 AM »

Hey Longhorn... isnt that exactly what God did to you to get you here to BT

Did not God use his totally controllable urge to ram His hand through your  t.v. and slap you upside your head with that 12 pound bible tou used to toat around but never opened  

Just being honest  ;D

Darren stop flipping through the channels and watching those guys, lets keep our eyes on our own "stick" in our eyes... ;D  

Pray for them that the words out of their mouth cease because they are condemning themselves.

Yes Denny,  Ray is right they are happy and rich..... but

Job 20:15  He hath swallowed down riches, and he shall vomit them up again: God shall cast them out of his belly.

beloved

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2008, 01:32:12 AM »

I used to wish they'd just get sillier and sillier until masses of people got fed up.  I can't say I got over that by any holiness.  I just got rid of satellite.

I hope that if anybody fell over backwards their fall was softened. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

martincisneros

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2008, 02:10:34 AM »

Ray watched them last night on TV and was telling me how it really is easy to be happy, happy, happy when your very, very rich.
Thank God we are very, very rich in Christ!  Actually, Joel has been to this website.  He visits a lot of websites that you wouldn't think that he does.  So do the Hinn and Roberts families.

Martinez

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2008, 05:26:26 AM »

Thank God we are very, very rich in Christ!  Actually, Joel has been to this website.  He visits a lot of websites that you wouldn't think that he does.  So do the Hinn and Roberts families.

Hi there Martin!

What's their reason for visiting all the different websites?

Do you know?

WhoAmI

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2008, 05:40:36 AM »

Actually it's Joel's wife who has the book. It's all about how to be happy  :)

I can't wait tell she comes out with "Burp Yourself to Financial Freedom!"

:D

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2008, 08:10:03 AM »

Hi Martin,

I'm even more curious how you would know Joel has been to bible-truths.com? But that's very interesting.

Dennis

eggi

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2008, 01:26:42 PM »

I'm curious too! Please tell us! God bless you.
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

winner08

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2008, 04:09:24 PM »

Beloved:  sometimes I need a break from here and I will flip through the channels. I am not searching for ansewers. I need a laugh now and then. Benny Hinn is great for a good laugh. I just feel bad for the people. They are the ones who are truly decieved.

Darren
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 06:09:56 AM by winner08 »

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2008, 05:34:52 PM »

After lookin at Benny Hinn for many years, I believe he is an atheists. He's in it for the power and the money.

Martinez

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2008, 06:03:53 PM »

After lookin at Benny Hinn for many years, I believe he is an atheists. He's in it for the power and the money.

Could be, He certainly doesn't have any understanding of spiritual matters!

martincisneros

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2008, 04:04:57 AM »

Hi there Martin!

What's their reason for visiting all the different websites?

Do you know?
Same as anybody else: prayer, study, edification, weighing and considering and listening for the Holy Spirit, etc.

martincisneros

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2008, 04:35:22 AM »

Hi Martin,

I'm even more curious how you would know Joel has been to bible-truths.com? But that's very interesting.

Dennis
Joel's a friend of mine.

Martinez

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2008, 05:50:25 AM »

Hi Martin,

Dennis
Joel's a friend of mine.

And what does He think about what Ray teaches here?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 23 queries.