bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Favorite TV or Movie Lines  (Read 15981 times)

Samson

Favorite TV or Movie Lines
« on: October 16, 2008, 08:23:31 AM »

Hello Everyone,

I thought it might be fun, funny or interesting to have Forum Members mention their
     FAVORITE LINES OR QUOTES FROM ANY MOVIES OR TV, ALSO MAKE YOUR COMMENTS.

Below are some of mine:

1.   " GO AHEAD, MAKE MY DAY "

2.   " WHEN THE POLICE BREAK THE LAW, THERE IS NO LAW, JUST A FIGHT FOR SURVIVAL. "

3.   "  TONIGHT THE MOON WILL BE FULL AND I WILL TURN INTO A WOLF; YEAH YOU AND

TWENTY MILLION OTHER GUYS "

4.   "  ONE OF THESE DAYS, ONE OF THESE MEN MIGHT SAVE YOUR LIFE; THAN AGAIN, MAYBE

ONE OF US WON'T "

5.   "  THE FORCE IS WITH YOU, YOUNG SKYWALKER; BUT YOU ARE NOT A JEDI YET. "

ALSO, you can make your quotes, comments or guess the ones provide by me &
                                 others.

HAVE FUN & PLAY NICE, SAMSON.  ;)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 09:47:31 AM by Samson »

OBrenda

Re: Favorite TV or Movie Lines
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 09:41:10 AM »

Good Mornig Samson,

Frodo: "It's a pity Bilbo didn't kill him when he had the chance!"
Gandalf: "Pity? It was pity that stayed Bilbo's hand! Many that live deserve death and many that die deserves life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be to quick to deal out death in judgement for, even the very wise cannot see all ends."

Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me.  I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide.  All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Aragorn: "You have some skill with a blade."
Eowyn: "The women of this land learned long ago, that those without swords can still die upon them. I fear neither death nor pain."
Aragorn: "What do you fear, my Lady?"
Eowyn: "A cage. To be kept behind bars until use and old age accept them, and all chance of valour has gone beyond recall or desire."
Aragorn: "You are a daughter of Kings, a shieldmaiden of Rohan, I do not think that will be your fate."           

Frodo: "Go back, Sam! I'm going to Mordor alone."
Sam: "Of course you are. And I'm coming with you!" 

LOTR Geek,
Brenda
 ;D ;D           

mharrell08

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 11:47:01 AM »

1. A Few Good Men: "You can't handle the truth!!!"

2. Forrest Gump: "You know what I think Jenny? I think, you should come back home to Greenbow, ALABAMA!!!"

3. Shawshank Redemption: "I believe in two things: discipline and the Bible. Here you'll receive both. Put your trust in the Lord; your a$$ belongs to me. Welcome to Shawshank."

4. Shawshank Redemption (I love this movie): "Lord! It's a miracle! Man up and vanished like a fart in the wind!"

5. The Matrix: "I know what you're thinking, 'cause right now I'm thinking the same thing. Actually, I've been thinking it ever since I got here: Why oh why didn't I take the BLUE pill?

6. A League of their Own: "There's no crying in baseball!"

7. Good Will Hunting: "Do you like apples? (Guy replies 'yeah') "Well, I got her number. How do you like them apples?"

I could do this all day...  ;D

Marques

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 01:02:58 PM »

From The War (from memory)

"No matter how much people think they understand war, war will never understand people."

Father:  Is she (the daughter) doing anything else I should know about?
Son:  Yeah.  She's doing a LOT of things.  But I don't think you should know about them.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Samson

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 01:24:42 PM »

Marques,

I love Shawhank Redemption, too and I enjoyed your quotes, all good ones and A Few Good Men, terrific movie.

Brenda, I didn't have foggiest idea about your dialogue, but my Wife informed me it was from Lord of the Rings, never saw it, believe it or not.

Dave, wasn't sure about yours.

How about this one: " I'm glad you don't mean to be out of order " or " Spider, where's my drink, You asked for a drink, Do you have me on the no pay mind list today. " Goodfellas.

As Marques stated, we could do this all day, maybe we will;  ;)

Keep Em coming, Samson.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 01:44:41 PM »

The War was a small movie starring Kevin Costner and Elijah Wood.  They were the father and son.  I lean towards more obscure movies.   ;D
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Amrhrasach

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 02:14:28 PM »

The Outlaw Josey Wales

JOSEY: You a bounty hunter?

BOUNTY HUNTER: A man has to do something these days to earn a living.

JOSEY: Dyin' ain't much of a living boy.

The Outlaw Josey Wales

JOSEY: When I get to liking someone, they ain't around long.

LONE WATIE: I notice when you get to disliking someone they ain't around for long neither.

Andy Griffith Show

In: Sermon for Today

Barney Fife:  “That’s one subject you just can’t talk enough about.   Sin.”

frecklegirl417

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 10:30:04 PM »

;D  These might help in the fun here:

1. Star wars:

Yoda:"Powerful you have become Dooku, the dark side I sense in you."

Dooku:"I have become more powerful than any Jedi, even you."

2. Forrest Gump:

"Life is like a box of chocalates you never know what your gonna get."

3. Bicenntal Man:

Cleo the android to Robin Williams charcter: " Sucks to be You"

Another line from Bicenntal Man:
            Cleo the android telling the man you invented her how mad she is about doing all his work for him and the one line that makes me laugh is when she tells him this: "You really chap my a**"

I have seen alot of movies but to remember all of my favorite lines would hurt my little brain. ;D

Your young sis in Christ,
                                                     Pam

mrl1970

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2008, 01:36:14 AM »

Serenity
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: Half of writing history is hiding the truth.

(Captain knowingly walking into a trap setup by The Operative who forced Inara to invite Mal)
Inara Serra: Mal, what are you doing here?
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: You invited me.
Inara Serra: I never thought for a second you'd be stupid enough to come!
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: Well that makes you a tease.

Matt

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2008, 03:30:14 AM »

"I try to think, but nuttin happens" Curly from the 3 Stooges

One of my favorite lines (reminds me of how I felt when I first came to the forum)
 :D

OBrenda

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2008, 09:29:44 AM »

O.K. how about some Star Trek....

"In any case, were I to invoke logic, logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." -- Spock
"Or the one." -- Kirk (Star Trek II)

"My God, what have I done?" -- Kirk
"What you always do. Turn death into a fighting chance to live." -- McCoy (Star Trek III)

"No, I'm from Iowa. I only work in outer space." -- Kirk (Star Trek IV)

"Jim, you don't go around asking the Almighty for his I.D.!" -- McCoy (Star Trek V)

"Do you think He's really out there!?" -- McCoy, re God
[points to his heart] "He's not out there Bones, He's in here." -- Kirk (Star Trek V)

"Logic is the beginning of wisdom; not the end." -- Spock (Star Trek VI)

Samson

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2008, 11:31:06 AM »

Yeah Brenda,

I Love those lines from the Star Trek Movies and the original series, funny you should mention some of them, because I was watching an old episode on Hula.com when they go to this planet that is similiar to Earth, but their technological twentieth century is modern day Rome and they come across these Son of God Worshippers and have to partake of gladitorial games. Love the dialogue between Spock, McCoy and Kirk, a close knit family.

Matthew- Love the Three Stooges, Pam does too, although we prefer Schemp over Curly.

Here's one for you: The three Stooges are Cave Men and these three cave women introduce themselves.

1st Cave Woman: " I'm Maggie "
              2nd Cave Woman: " I'm Aggie "
              3rd Cave Woman: "  I'm Baggie " Schemp Responds: " Your telling me " She Responds: " Do you believe in love at first sight" Schemp Responds: " No. but I believe in Love at first fright " He follows by saying to her: " How much do you charge to haunt a cave "

We have been trying to find that episode at You Tube, but have been unsucceassfully.

;D ;D ;D ;D Samson.

Patrick

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2008, 03:27:25 PM »

"We want to be free to ride our machines without being hassled by the man."
Peter Fonda
The Wild Angels.

"You live more in a few seconds at 150 miles per hour than most people do in a lifetime."
Anthony Hopkins
The World's Fastest Indian.

Lt. Colonel Hal Moore (Mel Gibson): I wonder what was going through Custer's mind when he realized that he'd led his men into a slaughter?
Sergeant Major Basil Plumley (Sam Elliott): Sir, Custer was a (edit;sissy). You ain't!
We Were Soldiers

Know lots from Apocalypse Now, but can't repeat them. :-X

OBrenda

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2008, 03:55:21 PM »

Patrick,

Loved the worlds fastest Indian!!!

"Life as a House"

George:
You know the great thing, though, is that change can be so constant you don't even feel the difference until there is one. It can be so slow that you don't even notice that your life is better or worse, until it is. Or it can just blow you away, make you something different in an instant. It happened to me.

Me tooo....I found BT!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 04:13:05 PM by OBrenda »

Extol

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2008, 01:00:51 AM »

YES!!!! People talking about the Three Stooges!!!

That's a good one samson! Do you remember when Shemp drinks the milk in that short? It is hilarious. After he tastes it, he thinks for a moment and then says: "Homgenized!"

Matthew: I love when Curly tries unsuccessfully to think. That's one of the better shorts! :)

Here are some of my favourite Stooge lines:

"I'm gonna change my socks, what an experience."--Curly

"Three of the best riveters that ever riveted"--Curly & Moe

"Well being as there's no other place around the place, I reckon this must be the place, I reckon."--Curly Howard

(Stooges ask for his name)
Cassidy: Cassidy
Larry: (excited gasp) What might your front name be?
Cassidy: Aw, shucks. Clarence!
Shemp:CLARENCE Cassidy? Don't sound quite right no how, somehow!

"Cop a sneaker, eh?"--Shemp

Moe: We just got a job. We're working for the census!
Curly: You mean Will Hays?
Moe: No, the census, the CENSUS. We get four cents a name for taking the census!
Larry: Where we gonna get the senses?
Curly: Yeah, where we gonna get 'em?

Man: 100,000 tons of pure gold, worth 35 dollars an ounce. Think of it!
Moe: I can't! How much is that in round numbers?
Curly: ..(calculating)...that's 80 billion, 16 million, 51 cents and a fraction.
Moe: Profit?
Curly: No, less income tax it leaves us 27 dollars.

"If you have a knick-knack with a nick in it, we'll knock the nick out of the knick-knack with Brighto."--Larry

And of course, the legendary "Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk" and "woowoowoo!!"

I LOVE those guys.
Shemp is my favourite also :D

Linny

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2008, 02:00:03 AM »

These are fun to read!
I asked my hubby to help me because we are all the time using movie/tv lines. We probably use Seinfeld stuff and Andy the most.
But here are a few of our favorites...

Andy Griffith: "The cage sure is empty, but aren't the trees nice and full?"

Andy G's uncle to Andy: "Yessiree, you have beat the game."

Burgess Meredith to Rocky in Rocky 3 "You got civilized kid."
(Our feeling about what happens to Christian pastors when they start out with great intentions and money happens to them.  :o)

Elaine on Seinfeld "Did you just roll your eyes at me? Because it should be ME, rolling MY eyes at YOU."

Guy at party with George Castanza "You take a chip, you dip it, and just end it!"

George Castanza after Jerry gets on him for pretending to be handicapped at work..."Look, I have been handicapped all my life and I am just now getting acknowledgement for it!"
(Pretty close quote anyway)

George Castanza's dad to guy playing Yankee owner Steinbrenner,
"You don't know WHAT the hell you're doin'!"

And my favorite Jerry quote I've been using a lot lately when I don't want to do something....
"I think you know my policy."

Lin

WhoAmI

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2008, 03:55:02 AM »

Hey Patrick and OBrenda,

I liked the Worlds Fastest Indian as well. I thought I was the only one. I'm kinda picky about my movies.  :)

Jeff

ericsteven

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2008, 06:52:52 PM »

Here a few off the top of my head:

Ghostbusters:  "Okay, so.  She's a dog."  Bill Murray as Sigourney Weaver turns into a hellhound

Braveheart:  "Every man dies; not every man really lives."

I know it's bad, but anything R. Lee Ermey says in the movie "Full Metal Jacket."  For example, and I'm paraphrasing in order to cut down on the profanity:

Sergeant:  "Where in hell are you from, anyway, private?"

Private:  "Sir, Texas, sir."

Sergeant:  "Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy, and you don't much look like a steer to me, so that kinda narrows it down."

And finally, I agree with Marques; anything from Shawshank Redemption, especially this one:

"Hope is a good thing.  Maybe the best of things.  And no good thing ever dies."

indianabob

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2008, 07:34:59 PM »

Hello Everyone,

I thought it might be fun, funny or interesting to have Forum Members mention their
     FAVORITE LINES OR QUOTES FROM ANY MOVIES OR TV, ALSO MAKE YOUR COMMENTS.

Below are some of mine:

1.   " GO AHEAD, MAKE MY DAY "

2.   " WHEN THE POLICE BREAK THE LAW, THERE IS NO LAW, JUST A FIGHT FOR SURVIVAL. "

3.   "  TONIGHT THE MOON WILL BE FULL AND I WILL TURN INTO A WOLF; YEAH YOU AND

TWENTY MILLION OTHER GUYS "

4.   "  ONE OF THESE DAYS, ONE OF THESE MEN MIGHT SAVE YOUR LIFE; THAN AGAIN, MAYBE

ONE OF US WON'T "

5.   "  THE FORCE IS WITH YOU, YOUNG SKYWALKER; BUT YOU ARE NOT A JEDI YET. "

ALSO, you can make your quotes, comments or guess the ones provide by me &
                                 others.

HAVE FUN & PLAY NICE, SAMSON.  ;)

One of these days, Alice, POW right in the kisser.
Pow, all the way to the Moon!
Oh you're a riot Alice, you're a riot!

dewey

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2008, 09:31:36 PM »

Paula and I usually don't  post on this type of subject, but tonight we make exception.  First of all, we don't think that all the posts are the kind of material that should be put on a forum that follows the teaching of Jesus Christ.  There are many that we could quote that have God's name in them, but we won't do that -  it is not appropriate.
 Here are a couple that we will quote .
Kung Fu- grasshopper, you must be one with ........? you tell me .
 and last but not least, Forest Gump, stupid is as stupid does.
in the spirit of Jesus love yuans
dewey and paula

going out on the same old limb --thats where the fruit's at
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 22 queries.