bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Abyssobrotula galatheae and other deepwater fish  (Read 7280 times)

eggi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Abyssobrotula galatheae and other deepwater fish
« on: October 16, 2008, 04:18:59 PM »

Hi all,

Just a little photo of a friend of mine:

http://www.extremescience.com/images/SabreTooth.jpg

I don't know if Ray mentioned anything about this at the conference, but here is something I've been thinking about:
One day last week I read the flood story over and over again. I came to the verse where it says:

It [the water] rose 23 feet above the mountaintops. (Genesis 7:20)

I started thinking: "That's 29,025 feet above the current sea level. Mount Everest is 29,002 ft... - So surely all life would have been killed then... But not the fish perhaps... " Then it struck me! Noah's GLOBAL flood would have effectively killed off ALL sea life as well. Here's why I came to that conclusion.

29,025 ft of water would create an incredible pressure at the current sea level, somewhere around 850 atmospheres!! Try this http://www.lenntech.com/unit-conversion-calculator/pressure.htm Oh but the new earthers could say that the fish just swam upwards... No, no fish would swim up, because UP HERE THERE WOULD BE NO FOOD FOR THEM. They couldn't live from the vegetation on land. Surely now the new earth people will say that the carnivore fish ate the cadavers of the land animals, but that would be happening around the previous sea level where the pressure would be MUCH TOO HIGH for that kind of fish to live. They would be unable to live from the shear pressure! They had to go MUCH higher than the current sea level! I guess they would also be unable to swim, due to the swim bladder bursting. They would just float upwards helplessly...

Here's some info on swim bladders that I found:
Swim bladders are a closed organ in a fish's abdominal cavity. Containing gasses, it is regulated by the fish to allow it to remain at a constant depth. As the fish moves shallower, outside pressure on the fish reduces and the fish compensates by adjusting its air bladder. The reverse is true as the fish moves deeper. Some fish are able to make faster adjustments to their swim bladder than others, but despite that ability, they still have issues of they are brought to the surface too quickly from deep water.

Most fish don't really go that deep, and those who live in the deep sea would not succeed living at a higher level. The fish who live really deep are in every way adapted to living at the bottom of the sea. Most of them have NO swim bladder or a very reduced one. They can't swim very well in open water because they are neutrally buoyant. It would require a tremendous strength to rise and sink. They would be totally unable to hunt and eat outside their natural environment. Since they had to remain at the bed of the sea, they too would be totally crushed!! Therefore, if the flood was global it would kill close to all, if not all life in the SEA AS WELL.

Also... all vegetation would be crushed by the pressure at our current day sea level. Yet we read that Noah was the first to produce wine. From WHAT?? All the plants would be totally devastated! Another question... Did the dove really go around ALL THE WORLD in search for dry land? How long did Noah wait for the dove to come back from that trip? My guess is that the dove would drop dead after a day of flying...

Just some of my thoughts, may be wrong may be right... Comments welcomed!

God bless you all,
Eirik

PS. For those of you who are interested, here's more info on deep sea environments and the fish who live there: http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:1oj32QwlZMcJ:www.montana.edu/ecology/courses/biol415/Deep%2520Sea%2520Environments.doc+swimming+characteristics+deepwater+fish&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=8&client=safari
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 04:13:32 AM by eggi »
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

OBrenda

Re: Abyssobrotula galatheae and other deepwater fish
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 04:43:41 PM »

Hey Eirik,

Can't see your picture... ;D

Very Interesting...Thanks for Sharing,
Brenda

eggi

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 04:47:50 PM »

Hi Brenda,

Now do you see it? I added it like an image, but it disappeared...  :(
Check out the link, that's a STRANGE creature if I ever saw one!

Eirik
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

eggi

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 04:16:42 AM »

Hi all,

It has come to my attention that some misunderstood my point in this post, and thought that I was writing in defense of a global flood. I'm sorry if I was unclear. No, I don't believe the flood was global, be sure about that. I was just trying to add yet another perspective to why it couldn't have been global.

Maybe it wasn't necessary!  ;D

God bless you,
Eirik

OBrenda

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 11:29:11 AM »

Eirik,

Thanks for the link for the picture it still didn't come up though  ???

I understood what you were saying and enjoyed it.
It is easy to have missunderstandings, good to clear them up! 
It doesn't mean your post was unnecessary!

;D
Brenda

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 22 queries.