bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does God use Satan to do His dirty work?  (Read 6375 times)

winner08

Does God use Satan to do His dirty work?
« on: October 16, 2008, 05:08:21 PM »

Is it correct to say God uses Satan to do His dirty work? Please I don't need anyone to jump down my throat for asking this question. I just need ansewers.

Thanks

Darren

hillsbororiver

Re: Does God use Satan to do His dirty work?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 05:29:02 PM »

I would probably not phrase it as "dirty work" but perhaps strange even bizarre work!

We are all familiar with the story of Job being tested by God as he was tormented by Satan, there is also Paul's thorn in his flesh, there are other examples throughout the scriptures where Satan or demons are given permission even authority to torment or humble.

Everyone, everything serves God's purpose in some fashion to His and eventually our glory. 

Peace,

Joe

Richard D

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 06:11:25 PM »

Winner08.

From our prospective it appears as dirty work but it’s a necessity for our perfection being made into the image of God.

God created Satan for this reason but I should add that Satan is completely under God’s control. So in a way Satan is helping us wit this perfection as I understand it.

P.S. Satan is not our friend but our enemy right now but one day he himself will be saved also. Remember ALL will be saved.  ;D

Hope this helps.          In His Love. Richard.

winner08

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 02:53:03 AM »

Yes< I knew that phrase (dirty work) was going to be well not ok. I just couldn't think of a nice way of putting it.
But yes God uses Satan for His purpose. We need Satan, he serves a great purpose in God's plan

Darren

Sirach

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 06:12:17 AM »

1 Kings 22: 19-23
19 And he said, Hear thou therefore the word of the LORD: I saw the LORD sitting on his throne, and all the host of heaven standing by him on his right hand and on his left. 20 And the LORD said, Who shall persuade Ahab, that he may go up and fall at Ramothgilead? And one said on this manner, and another said on that manner.  21 And there came forth a spirit, and stood before the LORD, and said, I will persuade him. 22 And the LORD said unto him, Wherewith? And he said, I will go forth, and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And he said, Thou shalt persuade him, and prevail also: go forth, and do so. 23 Now therefore, behold, the LORD hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these thy prophets, and the LORD hath spoken evil concerning thee.

Speaks for itself :)

Robin
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 20 queries.