bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Parables?  (Read 8987 times)

winner08

Parables?
« on: October 17, 2008, 11:54:09 PM »

I'm having a dicusion about parables. my friend wanted to know why Jesus taught with parables. All I could do was give a few scriptures on the subject. But I couldn't ansewer that question is to why except it was not ment for them (multitudes)  to understand. Once again he asked why wasn't it for them to understand.? All I could say was well the many are called and the few are chosen. I don't think He got it.

Darren

Richard D

Re: Parables?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 12:17:02 AM »

Winner 08.

This is an excerpt from Ray’s work below in (You Fools You hypocrites You snakes.)

DON’T WASTE GOD’S WORD ON SPIRITUAL DOGS AND PIGS
Remember Jesus only taught in parables. Did Jesus say: "Don't bother teaching the truth to those who don’t want to hear it?" That would have been clear enough. Or, "Don't try to teach the truth to those who do not desire the truth." Simple. Oh No, Jesus would never say it like that. Here is how Jesus would say it:
"Give not that which is holy unto the DOGS, neither cast your pearls before SWINE, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and REND you [‘tear you in pieces’ Goodspeed Translation]" (Matt. 7:6).
I've had this happen to me many times by clergymen of the Church. I give them God’s Pure Word, and they spiritually "trample it under their feet," and then (spiritually) try to "tear me in pieces." Atheists and heathens don’t treat me this way—only professing Christians (I am well aware that missionaries have been virtually torn to pieces by heathens, but thankfully this is not the norm).

I hope this helps you with your understanding.

In His Love. Richard.

mharrell08

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 12:25:26 AM »

Hello Darren,

Here is an excerpt from Ray's paper titled '12 God-given truths to Understanding His Word' (http://bible-truths.com/twelve.htm):

TRUTH NUMBER 2

[A] "All these things spoke Jesus unto the multitude in PARABLES; and without a parable spoke He not unto them" (Matt. 13:34).

"But without a PARABLE spoke He not unto them…" (Mark 4:34).

[C] "This PARABLE spoke Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which He spoke unto them" (John 10:6).

Jesus taught in parables only, and no one understood His parables, hence Jesus taught in a way that He knew no one would understand His message. This truth of Scripture is so revolutionary to the minds of most Christians that many will think it blasphemy, and yet the Scriptures abound with statements that fully support it.

I heard Matt Crouch (elder son of TBN President, Paul Croach) state on international television that Jesus spoke in parables to make the meaning of His teachings simple and clear and understandable to the simple farmers and uneducated people of Judea. My Wycliffe Bible Dictionary has a similar explanation: "Purpose of parables. The obvious purpose of Jesus’ use of parables was to make spiritual truth clear and compelling." What a crock.

Is anyone interested in what Jesus Himself had to say about His use of Parables? Good. Here it is:

"And the disciples came, and said unto Him, Why do you speak unto them in parables? He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but unto them it is not given" (Matt. 13:10-11).

Now then, does anyone see any similarity between "to make spiritual truth clear and compelling," and "…but unto them it is not given?" No? Neither do I. What I see is a diametric opposite. What I see is a flat out contradiction between Christian teachers and the Word of God.

"Jesus spoke in parables to make His quaint little stories clear and understandable to the uneducated farmers of Judea," my foot: "and when the chief priests and Pharisees had heard His parables, they perceived that He spoke of them" (Matt. 21:45). The Chief Priests and Pharisees were generally highly educated people. But even they didn’t know what Jesus’ parables really meant, but they on one occasion at least, "perceived" that Jesus was speaking about them.

So surely, if Jesus’ parables were "clear and compelling" to the uneducated farmers of Judea, then they would be even more so to His own disciples, not?

"Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and His disciples came unto Him, saying, Declare [expound, define, explain] unto us the parable of the tares of the field" (Matt. 13:36).

Even Jesus’ Own disciples had to have these parables explained to them. And just how did Jesus "declare" these parables to His Own disciples? You wouldn’t believe me if I told you. You wouldn’t believe me if I showed you. Okay, here’s how Jesus explained His parable. He explained His parable to His disciples by telling them ANOTHER PARABLE! I told you that you wouldn’t believe me. More on this later.

This is another one of those marvelous spiritual truths of Scripture, which you will never hear explained in the Church. Just what do they teach all these future clergymen in seminary? The fact is, Jesus did not want the people to understand Him and Jesus did not want them to repent and Jesus did not want to spiritually heal or save them. He clearly said so. But why? Because God has a plan that involves calling MANY, but choosing out only a FEW.

"For whosoever has, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever has not, from him shall be taken away even that he has" (Matt. 13:12).

Does anyone understand what Jesus just said here? Probably not too many, for this too, is a parable explaining a parable—and no one understood either. I wish they would let me teach a few classes at seminary.

"Therefore speak I to them in parables, because they seeing, see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand. And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah… for this people’s heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should BE CONVERTED, AND I SHOULD HEAL [SAVE] THEM" (Verses 13-15).

Wow! Jesus didn’t want them to understand and He didn’t want to convert them and He didn’t want to save them. How could Isaiah’s prophecy be true if Jesus were to contradict it by teaching them plainly so that they could understand and repent? Now, that’s what Jesus said, and that’s what Isaiah said, but there’s a problem:

"But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah said, Lord, who has believed our report?" (Rom. 10:16).

Yes, who? Have you believed this report I have just given you? It is almost frightening how few truly believe God’s Scriptural reports. Hence, precious few believe and understand the Scriptures, and fewer yet, obey them.

There is good news, however, concerning the Parables, which virtually no one understands, and it is this:

"And when He was alone, they that were about Him with the twelve asked of Him the parable. And He said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God, but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables." (Mark 4:10-11).

I have never met a Christian in my life that believes this verse. Not one. They all have told me that Jesus spoke many times, in fact most of the time, in plain language to the multitudes and the people, and not in parables only.

Hey, I’m glad that it is they who are contradicting Jesus and not I. Add to this denial the heresy that anyone can at any time, accept Jesus and believe, and then be saved. Jesus says they can’t; the Church says regardless of what Jesus says, they can. Who ya gonna believe?

Continuing:

"That seeing they may see, and not perceive: and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted and their sins should be forgiven them. And He said unto them. Know ye not this parable? And how then will you know all parables?" (Verse 12-13).

Say, did you get that? If you would know but one parable, you would know all parables! This is because all parables are speaking of the same subject, just presented from different perspectives. Wouldn’t you just love to know just one parable so that you could know all parables?

What is so utterly amazing is that not only does the Church not understand all of the parables of Jesus, but, they do not even understand the parables which Jesus explained. I assure you that I am as serious as I could ever be when I say that. In a future paper I will explain what all the parables mean. But for now, just understand, that Jesus’ entire ministry was preached in such a way that no one would understand Him, except those very few to whom it was later (much later—see Truth Number 3) given to understand. Pray that God will grant you spiritual understanding of His parables, or you too, will "…understand not."

Now as to 'why' He does it...think about the tree in the Garden of Eden. It was the tree of knowledge but had good AND evil in it. Both were in the same tree because knowledge IS knowing good and evil.

Now, think about being first introduced to the teachings of the church. It seemed okay at the beginning right? But only when you were later introduced to the truth did you have a greater love and understanding of God our Father and our Lord Jesus Christ. You would not have been able to completely appreciate having a knowledge of the truth (knowledge of good) if you did not first receive the heretical, false teachings of the church (knowledge of evil).

Ecc. 1:13  It is an experience of evil God has given to the sons of humanity to humble them by it

Gen. 50:19-20  And Joseph said unto them, Fear not: for am I in the place of God? But as for you, ye thought EVIL AGAINST ME, but God MEANT IT UNTO GOOD, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive

Hope this helps,

Marques

AK4

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 12:50:06 AM »

MHO

Its because He gave this parable

Matthew 13:44-52
44 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field. 45 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls: 46 Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.

Those who are really seeking the kingdom do this.  I guess its a way of showing how we love the Word.

Also

1Co 1:27 - But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

I hope this helps

Anthony

Beloved

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 01:15:34 AM »

He is asking a question not debating so perhaps showing

Pro 25:2 KJVR)  It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honor of kings is to search out a matter.

There are a many citizens but few kings   :D

but God has a plan have you not heard the really good news ?

God loves you 

1Co 15:28  And when all things shall be subdued unto Him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto Him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all 

beloved

winner08

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 02:35:30 AM »

Yes, Yes beloved, I am asking a question. does anybody know exactly why Jesus used parables. I keep getting the same ansewer because it was not for them to know (the masses) I get it. Why? was it not meant for them to know? (many are called few are chosen) Even get this. does anybody have another ansewer??

Darren

PS thanks beloved

Beloved

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2008, 02:55:32 AM »

I thought you were trying to help a freind understand

The line 
He is asking a question not debating so perhaps showing 
 was in response to  the reply  DON’T WASTE GOD’S WORD ON SPIRITUAL DOGS AND PIGS

As to why God uses parable....He is the Potter and He doesn't have to explain anything to the pots.

This is His creation...perhaps it is just a big game of peek a boo

Somehow I do not think that we could fathom the reason at this stage in our lives because we are so spiritually immature. Why the two trees, why the flood why the cross?  All I know is

Isa 55:11  So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

This is probably not helping but perhaps someone else can .

beloved

« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 02:59:09 AM by Beloved »

WhoAmI

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2008, 03:31:26 AM »

Because having them blind serves a purpose. If they were not blind, they would not be in need for healing. But they will one day see, but first you must be blind. You must be humbled, you must see the beast and you must repent etc. Being blind is part of the process. Mankind eat by the tons bread, but the true bread is rare. Just as with the masses they come seeking bread, but not many at once find the true bread from heaven.

I hope that helps.

Jeff

AK4

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2008, 04:56:19 AM »

Yes, Yes beloved, I am asking a question. does anybody know exactly why Jesus used parables. I keep getting the same ansewer because it was not for them to know (the masses) I get it. Why? was it not meant for them to know? (many are called few are chosen) Even get this. does anybody have another ansewer??

Darren

PS thanks beloved

First off--if we start from Jesus-- He had to do it that way because that was the way it was spoken in the prophets and scripture can not be broken.  Now if we go before that, beyond whats been given to you already in this thread, i think it would be like asking God why did we have to know evil to know good---or better put why did we have to find Truth when the so called "truth" is out there. (Reference my last post with this), Why do Jesus speak in parables when the "so called" truth is already out there.

Other than that i dont know

Anthony

Snowfire

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2008, 05:48:25 AM »

Have we ever known a small physical garden to be harvested without a laborer, let alone a spiritual garden of such gigantic proportion?

Rick

ericsteven

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2008, 06:12:53 AM »

Why? was it not meant for them to know?

Perhaps a quote from Paul to the Corinthians may at least partially shed some light as to why many are blinded and few are not. 

I Corinthians 11:19

(KJV)  For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

(NASB)  For there must also be factions among you, so that those who are approved may become evident among you.

(YLT)  for it behoveth sects also to be among you, that those approved may become manifest among you;

(RSV)  for there must be factions among you in order that those who are genuine among you may be recognized.

Heresies, factions, sects, and denominations are all the result of various stages of spiritual blindness.  This spiritual blindness is what causes many to accept the strong delusion (II Thes. 2:11) sent by the Lord to confuse the many so that the chosen, the few - the 'sons of God who have been given eyes to see and ears to hear - may be made manifest.  Because it's not until these chosen are made manifest that the hope that Paul speaks about in Romans will begin to be realized. 

Romans 8:19ff   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.  For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected [the same] in hope, Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.  For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.  And not only [they], but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, [to wit], the redemption of our body.  For we are saved by hope...

As several posters have already explained, everyone is, was, and will be at some point in their life spiritually blind as a bat.  But those who only God knows as His chosen, those to whom He has given eyes to see, will be used by Him to open the eyes of everyone else now in this time and in the future millenial reign of Jesus our Messiah as they reign as kings and priests on the earth.

Romans 11:30   For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:  Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.  For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

Even though Paul is specifically referring to the Jews vs. Gentiles in that verse, I don't necessarily see it is a stretch to view it in regards to the chosen vs. all the brothers and sisters who are still blind in Churchianity.

As Jeff said, it all serves a purpose.  But more often than not, at least in my opinion, the best that many of us will ever be able to do is explain various aspects of the who, what, when, and where of the things of God.  The why may ever elude us.  But it's the why that keeps us going forward.  It's the why that keeps us constantly in the Word, constantly seeking, constantly asking questions, constantly praying.  But, I tell ya, even if we never know the why of all this in this lifetime, we know that whatever our station is in the grand scheme of God's plan, we will all eventually know the answer to the big why and we will all rejoice because I have no doubt it will be magnificent.

Okay, I'll get down off my box.  :)  I don't know, perhaps that will help.

Eric

Richard D

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2008, 08:02:11 AM »

Hi Darren.

I was viewing your thread again and perceived with the excerpt from Ray’s work one could intrepid from the first line DON’T WASTE GOD’S WORD ON SPIRITUAL DOGS AND PIGS) that this could have been directed towards your friend and I just wanted to clarify it was not directed towards your friend but only and answer to your friend why Christ spoke in parables.

As I read through all the responses I find in each one truth but the bottom line is Jesus could have spoken plainly to the whole world so that everyone could understand. So we ask why Jesus did speak in parables and its obvious he did not want everyone to understand. So we ask why did Jesus not want everyone to understand?

So then we ask who did Jesus want to understand?  Then we say Jesus only wanted the called out ones to understand but do the entire called out one understand. No they don’t but only the elect of the called out ones. Then we ask why did Jesus only want the elect to understand?

Then we say because Christ is building his church which is his body and not everyone is included at this time but only the elect. Then we ask why is not everyone included at this time?

I think the (why) will never stop being asked. Perhaps we should not be asking why but rather should be saying what must I do Lord.

I’m sure there is and exacted explanation to why Christ spoke in parables but the fact remains Jesus spoke in parables. Why.  ;D

In His Love. Richard.

mharrell08

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2008, 10:32:02 AM »

Hello Darren,

Now as to 'why' He does it...think about the tree in the Garden of Eden. It was the tree of knowledge but had good AND evil in it. Both were in the same tree because knowledge IS knowing good and evil.

Now, think about being first introduced to the teachings of the church. It seemed okay at the beginning right? But only when you were later introduced to the truth did you have a greater love and understanding of God our Father and our Lord Jesus Christ. You would not have been able to completely appreciate having a knowledge of the truth (knowledge of good) if you did not first receive the heretical, false teachings of the church (knowledge of evil).

Ecc. 1:13  It is an experience of evil God has given to the sons of humanity to humble them by it

Gen. 50:19-20  And Joseph said unto them, Fear not: for am I in the place of God? But as for you, ye thought EVIL AGAINST ME, but God MEANT IT UNTO GOOD, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive

Hope this helps,
Marques

Darren,

The reason why Ray states constantly that the Bible is one giant parable is because their is 1 reason behind everything in it: God is making man into his image. That's what everything is about. No matter what question you come up with, this is the foundational answer.

Obviously, to be in his image requires a knowledge of good/evil. This is why I stated the comment above.

Here is an excerpt from 'What is the Gospel of the Kingdom' (http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,6142.0.html):

UNDERSTANDING THE BOOK
If we don’t understand that God never intended for the masses of humanity to understand this Bible, then we won’t understand this book.  This is not a book written to be understood.  Human intellect will not allow you to understand this book.  You can learn a lot about it, where and how it was written, the culture, the history and you can memorize it.
You can be like Jack Van Impe and I don’t know he says he’s memorize 25,000 verses or whatever.  But he has not a clue as to what the gospel is, not a clue.  I don’t mean to pick on people.  James Kennedy speaks Greek and Hebrew fluently and has not a clue as to what the gospel is.  I’m serious, not a clue.  You say, ‘oh well he doesn’t have it quite down yet.’  No, not a clue, he has not a clue.

If you think God is going to torture most of humanity for all eternity, then you have not a clue as to what the gospel is… you have not a clue as to what Jesus Christ is… you have not a clue as to what God the Father is.  Not a clue.  You can not say in the same breath that God is love and God tortures most of humanity for all of eternity.  You can’t say that!  That is as opposite as God and Satan, to say that.  Yet this is fundamental Christianity... God is love… God will torture most of humanity in real fire for all eternity.  It’s insane!  If you can’t see that that is insane, if you just sit there and say, ‘well I don’t know Ray, it makes sense to me.’  Then you will never understand this book.  You just will never understand this book.

This book was written so that nobody could understand it, until God picks somebody out and says I want you to understand this book and I’ll show you how to understand it.  That’s the only way.  He’s got to pick you out and open up your mind or you will never understand this book.  This book is written in all kinds of symbolism, figurative language, types, figures, images, examples, analogies, parables, metaphors and people think all those things are literal.  That is confusion.  That’s why the church is confused.  That’s why there are supposedly 3000 Christian denominations in the world, because they don’t understand any of this stuff.

Jesus Christ said to His Apostles, to you it is given to understand, but to them it is not given to understand.

Mark 4:11  And he said unto them, Unto you is given the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all things are done in parables:
Mar 4:12  that seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand;

To you it is given, to them it’s not given.  There’s you and there’s them and that’s just the way it is and the way it will be until the close of the age.

They are talking about worldwide revival.  Ron Parsley was saying at the rate they are converting people, 250,000 a day, that in 12-14 more years the whole world will be Christianized, in just a matter of not too many years.  But Christ says when He returns will He find faith?  Well that‘s all He’ll find is faith, everywhere, in every human being.  NO!  No, He ask the question because He won‘t find faith.  There is not faith among millions, no, billions, we have to say billions now, there are 2 billion professing Christians.

Remember, God is making mankind into His image. This is what everything is all about. No matter what question (who, what, why, how, etc) that pertains to God's plan & intentions, this is the ultimate destiny and goal of mankind.

It's really as simple as well complicated as that. To the chosen who have their eyes opened, it's simple. To those who are spiritually blind, it's complicated.

Don't forget, the chosen/Elect are saved the EXACT SAME WAY as the called & unbelievers. Lake of Fire, Gehenna fire, eonian fire, etc are all the same fire that ALL will be judged with. Here's a link to Ray's LOF #16 pt. E: that goes into more detail about that: http://bible-truths.com/lake16-D5.htm.

Hope this helps,

Marques

OBrenda

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2008, 10:45:01 AM »

Why? was it not meant for them to know?

Perhaps a quote from Paul to the Corinthians may at least partially shed some light as to why many are blinded and few are not. 

I Corinthians 11:19

(KJV)  For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

(NASB)  For there must also be factions among you, so that those who are approved may become evident among you.

(YLT)  for it behoveth sects also to be among you, that those approved may become manifest among you;

(RSV)  for there must be factions among you in order that those who are genuine among you may be recognized.

Heresies, factions, sects, and denominations are all the result of various stages of spiritual blindness.  This spiritual blindness is what causes many to accept the strong delusion (II Thes. 2:11) sent by the Lord to confuse the many so that the chosen, the few - the 'sons of God who have been given eyes to see and ears to hear - may be made manifest.  Because it's not until these chosen are made manifest that the hope that Paul speaks about in Romans will begin to be realized. 

Okay, I'll get down off my box.  :)  I don't know, perhaps that will help.

Eric

Eric,

That helped me even understand why amongst ourselves we have "issues" it's like enduring "Boot Camp" in the military!
It's very unpleasant training but it has a purpose,.....to get everybody out alive!

;D ;D
Brenda

Awesome...Marques!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 10:52:48 AM by OBrenda »

winner08

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2008, 04:03:46 PM »

Yes beloved: that is exactly what I am trying to do> This works best when I can keep it short in simple. When If O start explain and I go to long I will just confused the person more than he already is.

KISS
K-keep
I-it
S-short
S-simple

Darren

winner08

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2008, 05:20:12 PM »

AK4 I dkon't see a problem with asking God why. we all do it Why did so & so die. why was these kids born this way or why did you create evil. I ask why all the time. Sometimes I even get ansewered.

ericsteven: GREAT: You have gave me great information and understanding. thanks.

WhoAmI Thanks this is great between You guys really gave me incredible insite. I feel I have enough info to relate this to my friend.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Darren
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 05:26:35 PM by winner08 »

Beloved

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2008, 06:21:38 PM »

I am glad you acromym was missing Stupid Darren  ;D

Albert Einstein suggests: "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

My posts are not too long just blunt (I hate to type) come to think of it I talk that way too  ;D

beloved

David

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2008, 08:53:29 PM »

If Orthodox doctrine is right, then we dont need a savior because you can do it yourself by saying a prayer and emptying your wallet. We don't need Gods Spirit because Christ made evrything easy to understand so even a child could understand it. We don't need to love our enemies, or bless those that mourne or any of that silly stuff, because all our enemies are going to hell, which means most people that mourne wont be blessed at all.

::) ::) ::)

pylady

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2008, 12:03:51 AM »

Hi Darren,

If I may jump in here so late in the game?
You could answer your friend using Ray's method found in his article Foundational Truths, Biblestudy of Feb 2008 that Kat has so kindly transcribed for us:

Ask your friend if he believes these scriptures

Titus 1:2  "in expectation of life eonian, which God, who does not lie, promises before times eonion.  (CLV)

and

Num 23:19 "God is not a man, that He should lie;
John 10:35 "...and the Scripture cannot be broken;"

and

John 17:17 "Sanctify them through Thy truth; Thy Word is truth."
2Tim 3:16 "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God..."

If your friend believes these scriptures that God does not lie, the Scriptures cannot be broken,  His Word is truth, and all Scriptures are inspired by God then he must believe the following:

Matt 13:34 "all these thing spoke Jesus unto the multitude in parables, and without a parable He spoke not unto them."

and

Mark 4:11 "And He was saying to them, "To you has been given the mystery of the kingdom of God; but those who are outside get everything in parables,
vs 12 in order that while seeing, they may see and not perceive;and while hearing they may hear and not understand lest they return and be forgiven."

So if your friend believes God does not lie, and His word is truth, and all scripture is inspired by God, then he must also believe the scriptures that say Jesus spoke to the multitudes in parables only so they would not see, hear and understand what He was saying. 

Why did Jesus do this?  The only explanation comes from Jesus Himself:

Matt 13:ll  "And He answered and said to them, "To you it has been granted to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been granted."

Ray gave us some great teaching tools in that study.  you can find it under Transcription of Rays audios - Foundational Truths, Biblestudy Feb 2008.

Hope this helps,

Cindy

Kat

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2008, 12:06:42 PM »

Hi Darren,

1Co 15:46  But it is not the spiritual which is first but the physical, and then the spiritual. (RSV)

We are now living in the 'church age' when the world is blinded.  The church only sees the physical, they are not having their eyes opened to the spiritual.  All are deceived by Satan and can not know the truth, not until God removes their blindness and that is only the few at this time. 

Rev 12:9  So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

This age is only for training a few to be prepared to serve with Christ to bring the 'many' to salvation in the next age/Lake of Fire/White Throne Judgment, when Christ rules the earth.

http://bible-truths.com/lake16-D4.htm ------------------------

"For if we would judge ourselves [now] we should not be judged. But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned [later] with the world [later in the Great White Throne Judgment]" (I Cor. 11:31-32).

"For the TIME IS COME [now] that judgment must begin at the House of God..." (I Pet. 4:17).

"...for the time is at hand" (Rev. 1:3 and 22:10).

There can be no argument against the fact that God's Elect are to "bow their knee" NOW in this Church age or we will find ourselves in the next age when, "Because He has appointed a day in the which He will judge the world in righteousness..." Acts 17:31). During our calling, we stand before the Judgment of Jesus and give an account daily of the works done in our flesh. How do we actually do this? Paul instructs us: "For if we would judge ourselves..." (I Cor. 15:11:31). This is how we are to be judged.

http://bible-truths.com/lake12.html --------------------------------

FOR YOU SEE YOUR CALLING BRETHREN

Isn’t it strange that there are whole categories of people who are not even called in this church age (I Cor. 1:26)? And only a very few of those who are called, are finally "chosen." They are, of course, chosen for a grand and glorious purpose.
v

COUNTING THE COST

God has already outlined a training course for those who would be Sons and Daughters of God. It involves a whole lot more than just enunciating a phrase of faith in Jesus. Acknowledging Jesus as your Saviour is certainly the starting point, but it is far from the complete requirement for those who would reign with Jesus as Judge, Lord, Priest and King. Here are just a few of the things that God requires of us. There are, of course, dozens, even HUNDREDS more declarations and admonitions to those who would become manifest Sons and Daughters of our God and Father:

• "LOVE your enemies, BLESS them that curse you, DO GOOD to them that hate you, and PRAY for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you [Why?]; that ye may be the children [Greek: ‘SONS’] of your Father which is in heaven" (Matt. 5:44-45)!

• "Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, DO YE EVEN SO TO THEM: for this is the law and the prophets" (Matt. 7:12).

• "For I say unto you, That except YOUR RIGHTEOUSNESS SHALL EXCEED righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in NO CASE enter into the kingdom of heaven" (Matt. 5:20).

• "Then said Jesus unto His disciples, If any man will come after Me, let Him DENY HIMSELF, and TAKE UP HIS CROSS, and FOLLOW ME" (Matt. 16:24).

• "Jesus said unto him, You shall LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind… YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR as yourself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets" (Matt. 22:37-40).

• "And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. But he that shall ENDURE UNTO THE END, the same shall be saved" (Matt. 24:12-13).

• "Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on Him, IF YE CONTINUE IN MY WORD, then are ye my disciples indeed" (John 8:31).

• "Not every one that says unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but HE THAT DOES THE WILL OF MY FATHER which is in heaven" (Matt. 7:21).

• "COME OUT OF HER [Mystery Babylon the Great and all of her evil teachings], My people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues" (Rev. 18:4).

• "My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of Him. For whom the Lord loves He chastens, and scourges every son whom He receives. IF YOU ENDURE CHASTENING, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chastens not? But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye illegitimate, and not sons" (Heb. 12:5-8).

• "Beloved think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: But rejoice, inasmuch as YE ARE PARTAKERS OF CHRIST’S SUFFERINGS; that, when His glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy" (I Pet. 4:12-13).

• "That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perishes, though it BE TRIED WITH [SPIRITUAL] FIRE, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ" (I Pet. 1:7).

• "LOVE NOT THE WORLD [that is the social system of this world, we are to love the people of the world], neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world" (I John 2:15-16).

• "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a LIVING SACRIFICE, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And BE NOT CONFORMED TO THIS WORLD: but be ye transformed by the RENEWING OF YOUR MIND, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God" (Rom. 12:1).

• "But Jesus called them unto Him and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them. But IT SHALL NOT BE SO WITH YOU: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister [servant]" (Matt. 20:25-26).

• "Let nothing be done through strife or vain glory; but in lowliness of mind let each ESTEEM OTHER BETTER THAN THEMSELVES" (Phil. 2:3).

• "Let this MIND BE IN YOU, which was also in Christ Jesus" (Eph. 2:5).

• "SUBMIT yourselves therefore to God. RESIST the devil, and he will flee from you. DRAW NIGH to God, and He will draw night to you. CLEANSE your hands, ye sinners; and PURIFY your hearts, ye double minded" (James 4:7).

• "REPENT ye, and believe the gospel" (Mark 1:15).

• "For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on Him, but ALSO TO SUFFER FOR HIS SAKE" (Phil. 1:29).

• "But I say unto you, That ye RESIST NOT EVIL: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also" (Matt. 5:39).

• "Then said Jesus unto him, PUT UP AGAIN YOUR SWORD into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword" (Matt. 26:52).

• "For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die, but if ye through the Spirit do MORTIFY THE DEEDS OF THE BODY, ye shall live" (Rom. 8:13).

• "WALK IN THE SPIRIT, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh" (Gal. 5:16).

I know that it sounds overwhelming that we should actually live by all of these commandments. And actually, there are many more like commandments in God’s Word. How are we to perform all these impossible tasks? Well certainly not by our own will and power.
-----------------------------------------------------------

God is preparing the few now in this age and they will serve with Him for the great task of bringing the many to salvation in the next age.  Christ spoke in parable, because He had a message for the Elect, they can understand these parable by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. But to the rest of the world it is only a story that they try to understand literally, because they are blinded in theis present age.

Mat 13:11  He answered and said to them, "Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given.

Mat 13:13  Therefore I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 12:08:33 PM by Kat »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 17 queries.