bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: nothing  (Read 4485 times)

ez2u

nothing
« on: October 18, 2008, 03:36:48 AM »

For a long time i could not understand why i was the way i was.  i could not see nor hear  when Jesus came to me the process began and my eyes and ears are more open to what is around me and the truth.  Truth hurts at times,  but it is freeing.  lots of times i come to this forum and read a little bit here and there,  i also  listen to rays teaching on audio and enjoyed the new video.  Something inside of me sparks to much of Rays teaching and i know there is Truth with his words.    at my work this morning  an elderly lady came in dressed nicely, by herself,  i commented on her lovely outfit.  she said thank you and i knew it had been quite a while since someone told her she looked nice.  maybe  i am strange and odd ball for talking such  but i recieved a lot a pleasure from our conversation.  it is wonderful to just love people.  all i have now is my work  i have come to know that my birth family  is still very abusive to me and will always be so.  I also know that i have married a person that can not comprehend on single need that i have nor what a relationship really is.  if i was to die tomorrow.  so what  i am but a vapor in time.  this great God we hope to serve, and try toHe is so much and i am nothing.  some times i want so much to give to others the things that are in my head  not a bunch of head knowledge but living knowledge.  a few days ago i was driving to work quite early 5:45  and a flash of light came before my eyes it was like a sign  that said   Jesus is love.  Now i know Jesus is love   so i pray Lord help me love  more today.  what is this all about?  Since i came to Ray's teaching  i stopped seeking out a church to fellowship in.  my life is lonelier less active.  i now work more and watch more t.v.  i believe  i am seeing myself clearer and not liking it.  well you are probably wondering what this is all about   nothing  just sharing alittle  take care  you all God is with us

WhoAmI

Re: nothing
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 04:37:15 AM »

Thanks for sharing. Do you realize how much I enjoy having simple conversations with others now as well, like you did with that lady. There is such a deep well in the the truth of God is love. Keep drinking my friend.

Jeff

OBrenda

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 09:49:28 AM »

I'm starting to see in the small moments, the possibility for sharing something sacred!

The way I experience my day, and interact with people have changed indeed!

You are not alone in that,
Brenda

hillsbororiver

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 12:05:47 PM »

This is very inspiring and it is also something I have found to be another change in myself as I grow a little in His Spirit, being able to put a smile on someone's face as I interact with them through my day to day activities. It is such an easy and simple thing to do but there was a time I gave this little to no thought being way too self absorbed.

We can all take an extra second or two while we compliment or even listen to someone perhaps letting them know they are precious and of worth (Christ paid a dear price for them).

Thank you for posting,

Joe

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 05:09:24 PM »

I worked long enough in the lower echelons to be very mindful of treating others as I always liked to be treated.  Knowing the Will of God concerning all his creation makes that abundantly easier and much more a source of joy in my own life.  I hope you will look into things you can do (volunteer work, etc) that will get you out among people again.  You have more to both give and recieve than you ever did in a pew. 

Sweet post, and I appreciate it. 
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 12:50:51 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Ninny

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 06:43:24 PM »

Here are some words to a song that say a lot to me :
How lovely is
Your dwelling place
Oh Lord Almighty,
For my soul longs
And even faints
For You. Oh, here my heart
Is satisfied Within Your presence
I sing beneath
The shadow of
Your wings.

God's dwelling place is in us! That tells me if I
can be satisfied in God's presence I can be satisfied
wherever I am and in my circumstances! If God be for
us WHO can be against us? Can you imagine actually singing
in the shadow of his wings! What more is there to freedom? ;D
Kathy

Ninny

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2008, 06:56:08 PM »

Sorry guys I was feeling so good I replied to the wrong post, but hey maybe someone needed that song! I meant to reply to "contentment" Senior Moment!
Kathy  :-[

Heidi

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2008, 12:37:25 AM »

Having received the truth and the knowledge that all will be saved has made me look differently at people. 

I can say that I love them, whether it is a homeless person, someone all dressed in black (my girls call them emo's?) or someone covered in tattoos.  I know that God loves them. 

The emphasis is no longer on trying (by my own self no mind!) to save them (yuck that does sound horrible now) because they are already saved, but the emphasis now is that I can see their potential and that makes me smile!

Marlene

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2008, 03:15:16 AM »

Hello All, There is A Song Called, Look What Love Has Done To Me.
Its comes through my head almost every day since I have known that he saves all. I think what he is teaching us now is to love like him. The world looks different even with all its problems. We know who holds all our tomorrows.
In His Love
Marlene

ez2u

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2008, 12:22:25 AM »

thank you all fo ryour wonder and encouraging comments  peggy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 19 queries.