bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Raising your kids after finding the Truth  (Read 7783 times)

AK4

Raising your kids after finding the Truth
« on: October 18, 2008, 05:15:10 AM »

How can you raise them the same after learning the Truth?  When my kids do something wrong or bad i remember that it was Gods purpose for them to do what they did.  The only way i discipline them , which isnt the discipline that i used to believe in, is to get them to THINK about what they did and to use  an ad i seen in a game magazine--which is true---

U      O       I       S      A
    S  Y  U  M  N   A  A   E  P   N
      E      R       D      W      O

Did you get it? :)

Anthony

Richard D

Re: Raising your kids after finding the Truth
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 08:10:34 AM »

Use your mind as a weapon. I think I got it……………LOL  :)

OBrenda

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 10:04:06 AM »

Very Cool  8)

Discipline needs to be age appropriate.  But as a Grandma, If I had to do it over. I would let them experience the results of their decisions more, without my interference.

Example...Selfishness at a Birthday party:

Maybe rather than correct them in front of everybody so I won't be embarrassed,
Let them reap the scorn of the other children?

Then when they run to you their "safe place", you can explain what the flesh profits us.  :P

AK4

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 01:11:17 PM »

Use your mind as a weapon. I think I got it……………LOL  :)

Yup that is right :) --i showed this to them and gave them 3 minutes to solve.  It was a nice fun excercise.

Anthony

Richard D

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 01:36:03 AM »

Anthony, they are children, Give them at least five minutes the poor little things. So, did they meet the three minute deadline? You never did say. ;D

In God’s love. Your friend and brother. Richard.

legoman

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 11:54:11 AM »

Hi Anthony,

How old are your kids?  Are you explaining any truths to them yet? 

My little girl is 3, soon to be 4 years old.  We have started doing prayers at night and saying grace etc.

She just started Jr Kindergarten at a Catholic School.  Its surprising, they already have the little ones doing "Father, Son, and Holy Spirit" in the sign of the cross.

The discussions about God haven't come up too much yet, but I try to emphasize that God has a plan for all of us and he loves all of us.  Previous to becoming aware of the truth, I probably would have been saying "God loves us, but if we don't love him he will punish us... blah blah blah etc."  So I know I will be emphasizing the truth where possible.

Kevin

AK4

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 02:21:47 PM »

Anthony, they are children, Give them at least five minutes the poor little things. So, did they meet the three minute deadline? You never did say. ;D

In God’s love. Your friend and brother. Richard.

Oh im sorry.  they are my kids, step kids and niece and nephew.  three are 8 and one is 10. 

AK4

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2008, 02:29:23 PM »

Hi Anthony,

How old are your kids?  Are you explaining any truths to them yet? 

My little girl is 3, soon to be 4 years old.  We have started doing prayers at night and saying grace etc.

She just started Jr Kindergarten at a Catholic School.  Its surprising, they already have the little ones doing "Father, Son, and Holy Spirit" in the sign of the cross.

The discussions about God haven't come up too much yet, but I try to emphasize that God has a plan for all of us and he loves all of us.  Previous to becoming aware of the truth, I probably would have been saying "God loves us, but if we don't love him he will punish us... blah blah blah etc."  So I know I will be emphasizing the truth where possible.

Kevin

Yes i talk to them all the time.  Its funny my nephew really gets it and he actually just turned nine on the tenth.  I told him that God will save all and that these churches lie and to do whats at the bottom of all my posts (Question everything....) I also tell him to question me telling him to question everything (can you imagine how many times this come back on me about everything besides God :D).

Well one day he said he was talking to another kid on the school bus telling him that God will save everyone and can you believe that the kid parroted the churches and my nephew  got in trouble with the bus driver for saying God will save everyone.  unbelievable.

Anthony

Richard D

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 03:15:11 PM »

Anthony.

You know its wonderful God is calling you and that you have the truth to teach them, there are so many children who don’t have this going for them.

Antony, take care I’m sure you’re doing a great job with them. God Bless.

In God’s love. Richard.

AK4

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2008, 04:55:15 PM »

Anthony.

You know its wonderful God is calling you and that you have the truth to teach them, there are so many children who don’t have this going for them.

Antony, take care I’m sure you’re doing a great job with them. God Bless.

In God’s love. Richard.

Thanks Richard

Marlene

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2008, 06:29:04 PM »

Anthony, I think you are really blessed to know the truth. Teaching your children is wonderful. Goes to show you that the way that Bus Driver acted was not letting freedom of speech happen.

I believe that someday we may have to take a stand for Christ. We will more then likely be accused to be a hertic. We may someday be faced with death for our believe.

For, sometime I had been not thinking I had truth. I had believe that we should give with our heart and not by force. I believe if money had been given for the true Gospel to be preached throughout the world that would have been money well spent. Instead, man has made a temple out of hands.

I have had a fight with myself rather or not to talk to the preacher of a  church I last attended. I want to tell you about this. It is a Weselyan church. I am sure they told him they needed a sermon on tithe. But, before he preached he turned himself around to the wall and said" God I hate to do this." Then he turned around and preached it. I thought at first maybe he would not do this

I still wonder even though I don't go there if I should go talk to him. His zeal for christ puts me in the mind of Pauls before he knew truth. I know for him not to do the sermon on tithe he would have to give up all he has. But, I still wonder if God is not working on his heart.
Can you give me an ideal what you would do. I really love him and his family.
My previous minister took the dollar amount my husband and I gave. He said, that if we were not giving our 10 percent god might kill us. He said, he didnt know what anyone gave, but he did cause a young couple left for that reason.
This man howevery is so loving. He has a large church. One, day he said" he might be taken out of the place cause he wasn't going to preach like Weselyan said,"but the way God tells him. Any, Advice. We have not been back for weeks.

In His Love
Marlene

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2008, 08:50:07 PM »

Marlene, anything is possible.  My old pastor didn't like to preach on Hell, I've always had the impression.

Maybe you can print out the tithing paper and take it to him, tell him you've been learning.  Tell him you remember his reluctance to preach tithing and that maybe you know why.

I think there are probably many ministers struggling with what the churches teach.  Only God knows if this is his time to have his eyes opened.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Marlene

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2008, 09:13:26 PM »

Dave, Thanks for your information. I know I would never try and teach the way Ray has to me. I have not believed this long myself. Although, I would not trade this believe ever with his will to keep me. I am sure he will take me through the finish and has nothing but his mercy and love for me.

In His Love,
Marlene

AK4

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2008, 09:17:49 PM »

Marlene, anything is possible.  My old pastor didn't like to preach on Hell, I've always had the impression.

Maybe you can print out the tithing paper and take it to him, tell him you've been learning.  Tell him you remember his reluctance to preach tithing and that maybe you know why.

I think there are probably many ministers struggling with what the churches teach.  Only God knows if this is his time to have his eyes opened.

Marlene i agree with Marques.  I would come at him humbly and not confrontational.  You can probably tell him up front that he probably start to get defensive.  I try warn people like that on every thing when i confront them with any thing they may think they are right on. i just had to do this with my ex about something she has been doing in the past. Show him the paper and go through it with him or here is another way just say to him you want to have a private bible study with him and bring Rays paper, but still go humbly and not like a know it all because that will definitely put someone on the defensive where they wont listen

I dont know, just throwing something out there.  

Anthony

aqrinc

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2008, 10:28:59 PM »

Marlene,

Take care that you are ready when someone come to you for counsel. Unless you are being
shoved out of the nest to fly on your own; wait until the question is asked of you. At the
appropriate time and place God will give you your opportunity Fly.

Heb_8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying,
Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

George.  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 19 queries.