bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How is time treating you?  (Read 6817 times)

Richard D

How is time treating you?
« on: October 18, 2008, 06:29:47 PM »

Is it possible God has somehow shortened the days but we still have twenty four hours still? I know when I知 busy time flies quickly, but when I知 not busy at all it goes just as fast.
Did you ever hear the expression there are not enough hours in the day? I actually am experiencing this on and everyday basis.

No sooner I awake and I知 going back to sleep again. Life is going by to fast. What痴 your take on this?  :-\

In His Love. Richard.

joyful1

Re: How is time treating you?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 10:01:17 PM »

Hi Richard  :D
I hear ya bro! Never enough time anymore!

I've wondered about those verses myself:
Mark 13:20
And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.

that would be in the KJV and when I'd read it, it was confusing to me because I would say to myself....WHY or WHY would God WANT to SAVE ANY FLESH? I thought He was destroying the flesh (the beastly nature) and perfecting the spirit? But then I read it in several other versions:

One was the English Standard:
And if the Lord had not cut short the days, no human being would be saved. But for the sake of the elect, whom he chose, he shortened the days.

THen I tried to understand WHEN this happens--
I'd like to hear everyone's take on this??
Joyce :)

Ricky

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 11:55:43 PM »

I was 39 yesterday and 52 today, and don`t know what happened. I must have missed somedays.
          Ricky
Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.

Marlene

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 12:37:51 AM »

Hello All,

Wow!!!Joyce I remember reading those verses. I remember a few years back, my husband and me tellking his Dad that it seemed like there were not 24 hours in a day. His Dad laughed at us. My Mother lives with me and we often say this.

Those, verses would make sense the way you see all the confusion of religions and crime and all.

God Bless
Marlene

joyful1

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2008, 05:54:52 AM »

Hi Ricky and Marlene--
You know how "the less time you have, the more you get done?"
sometimes I think if you reach this season of life, you realize that there is not that much time left....so naturally, you begin to think about what's left on that "to do list" and start sorting out your priorities better....you know?
So, in that way...its a blessing! :)
Joyce

Heidi

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2008, 06:32:09 PM »

Nope, the last time I checked it still had 24 hours in the day. ;D  But I do know what you mean.  It was just Christmas not so long ago and it is almost Christmas again.  Go figure! :D

And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.

Could this verse be referring to the 6 days God made the earth?  Each period was not 24 hours long.  Even Abraham lived a gazillion years. :o
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 06:34:29 PM by Heidi »

Marlene

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2008, 10:03:52 PM »

Yes, all of this definitely looks to be in his plan. I know , everyday when you turn on the tv. Or read the news. Its more bad then good. I for one think he is speeding up time.

Praise The Lord
Marlene

musicman

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2008, 01:53:27 AM »

I'm 21 years old I tell ya!!  I wish my body believed this.

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2008, 06:51:33 AM »

I just turned 31
I feel like life is going by very slowly :-\
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

joyful1

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2008, 11:47:15 AM »

of course the logical reason for why time seems to be speeding up, Marlene, is, as you know, the value of each day, week, month, year...changes proportionally to the number of each that you are comparing.

if you ask a 10 year old what a year "feels" like...its a L O N G time to them, because a year represents 1/10th of their entire life SO FAR....

but if you ask me (50+) what a year "feels" like...its a relatively short time...
because it represents 1/50th of my entire life SO FAR...

now if you ask God what a year "feels" like....

2 Peter 3:8
But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.

Psalm 90:4
For a thousand years in Your sightAre like yesterday when it passes by,Or as a watch in the night.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 11:53:13 AM by joyful1 »

aqrinc

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2008, 02:18:25 PM »

Ok lets put this to bed, i know i was a lot younger yesterday (1952). Now give it another 2 months and it will
be 56 years since i was 1 day. For the Lord a day is like 1 billion years or 1 billion years like a day; for me 55
years is like a day, yet each day is a lifetime. When we no longer measure time by days and years what are
we going to be?. Behold i show you a mystery:  ???

I Corinthians 15:51-55

51-Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52-In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall
be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53-For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54-So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then
shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

55-O death, where is your sting? O grave, where is your victory?

George.

OBrenda

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2008, 02:30:34 PM »

WHEN DEALING WITH THE WORLD.....IT FEELS LIKE HURRY UP AND WAIT!

But 29 Birthdays sure flew by real fast!

;) :D ;)
Brenda

AK4

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2008, 07:41:36 PM »

You know what i find interesting is when things are going bad it seems like an eternity (eon), but when things are going good its almost like it is just a twinkle of an eye. 

Anthony

Richard D

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2008, 01:29:52 AM »

What I知 saying is time is nothing anymore, the minutes the hours the days and weeks as well as years are going by so quickly unlike before. It痴 just all too noticeable.

Yesterday I was born today I知 in the evening of my life and tomorrow I lie in a grave, its all happening to fast, Is your day long , praise God, my day seems to end just as it starts.

I woke up today and just turned around for a moment and now I知 into tomorrow and its like tomorrow is gone before I get there. In just at few minutes from now I値l hear His voice.

It痴 true, a mans life is like a blade of grass, here today and gone tomorrow. Soon I shall fall asleep and you will too.

Longhorn

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2008, 01:36:13 PM »

Brenda   

Look at the bright side, You are only 29,,,,, I have shoes older than you.

Love in Christ

Longhorn

OBrenda

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2008, 01:51:57 PM »

Brenda   

Love in Christ
Longhorn

lol ;D
SHhhh....Nobody tell Longhorn how old I really am... ;)

Longhorn

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2008, 02:18:02 PM »

Brenda   

Love in Christ
Longhorn

lol ;D
SHhhh....Nobody tell Longhorn how old I really am... ;)
Dosen't matter Brenda.  Yesterday afternoon I was sitting under my pecan tree and a buzzard landed on my shoulder and motioned for his buddies to get ready.

Love in Christ

Longhorn

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2008, 03:20:13 PM »

I agree, life is way to fast. My youth is sleeping, so quickly and i want to slow it down, but i absolutely cannot. I remember in 8th grade, i thought to myself, ill never make it through highschool. That's 4 years!! That's like a third of my total age. Theirs no way. And yet, here i am now, going through college. Ugh... I miss the good ol' days. No worries, nothing to care about, just having fun with my friends, no problems. Now... so many things to worry about, so much to do, ugh! Dear Lord, i just want that peace i had when i was a child, even when i barely knew the Lord, as a child i had so much peace in my life, now as i have grown older, knowledge has increased, but so has sorrow =/

I know the Lord but my carnal mind just wants to keep me away from  Him, keep me away from that peace i knew as a child. Perhaps that is why we must become like children =/?

God bless,

Alex

joyful1

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2008, 05:44:00 AM »

Brenda   
Love in Christ
Longhorn
ahahahaha! I have Fuller Hair Brush that I bought in 1988, still use it...does that count?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.