bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please pray for my husband  (Read 5469 times)

Heidi

Please pray for my husband
« on: October 19, 2008, 01:00:09 AM »

My husband was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease in 1997 and has had to live with in now for 11 years.  He has a remarkable personality and I am sure that his right attitude has had a lot to do with the fact that he has surpassed all expectation in many areas.

I know that Parkinson's is a degenerative disease but I also know that nothing is impossible to God.  Just as of late he has really started to deteriorate, quite at an alarming rate.  He mentioned to me today that he did not consider that he will be here much longer.

Please.....this has made me so scared to hear him say that.  I could not imagine a life without him.  Please pray for him and for his healing, please.

I know that God's will will be done and that we can only ask according to what must be, but maybe my writing to all of you here on the forum is part of His will. 

Marlene

Re: Please pray for my husband
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 03:06:20 AM »

Heidi, I will pray for you and your husband. It is awesome to hear of someone who fights his illness. My father had Parkinson. He was a fighter ,, better then us. But, I care about  your pain and your sadness.

God Bless
Marlene

Robin

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 03:34:55 AM »

I will pray for you and your husband Heidi.

It must be very hard for both of you.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 04:10:20 AM »

Hi Heidi

The best prayer I have seen is the one Ray expresses regarding our trials that God may give the strength to endure and the spiritual understanding to see the purpose and value in all God does." : Praying by Gods Rules page 12. We all need the comfort and assurance and love that casts out fear and uncertainty. We all need to experience God. I have prayed for your comfort and peace to your husband in this time of trial.

Arc

Heidi

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2008, 06:39:09 AM »

Dear Marlene, M.G. and Arc,

Thank you for your prayers and words of encouragement.  The true test to our faith is when it hits home.  Arc, I will pray and ask that God will give me the spiritual understanding to see His purpose.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2008, 07:26:01 AM »

Heidi

I too need to see His Purpose and to enjoy spiritual understanding in my trials and tribulations believe me. I am as in much need of this blessing as anyone my friend.

Arc

OBrenda

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2008, 10:39:07 AM »

Praying For you Both Heidi.....

Be Blessed,
Brenda

Samson

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2008, 09:30:00 AM »

Heidi,

So SORRY to hear about your Husband,  :( Our prayers go out to Him and you, also for God to help you cope with this unhappy reality, requiring emotional endurance, not easy. May God's Spirit ease the emotional pain.

Although they didn't have Parkinson's Disease in the movie Awakenings, I remember that movie bringing tears to my eyes showing some similiarities to the Parkensian Brain. The Dr depicted in that movie is still alive and active in his research and desire to help people, too bad you couldn't ask him for help.

Agapeo, Samson.

aqrinc

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2008, 06:05:00 PM »

Heidi,

I Pray The Lord Bring Peace to you in this time of need. Please know that what so ever you Ask
in His Name is Done Already.

Joh_16:22 And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice,
and your joy no man taketh from you.

Phi_2:27 For indeed he was sick nigh unto death: but God had mercy on him; and not on him only,
but on me also, lest I should have sorrow upon sorrow.

1Th_4:13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep,
that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

Peace and Love Sister,

George.

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2008, 08:17:48 PM »

Will do, Heidi.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

ez2u

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2008, 12:20:24 AM »

Hedi  i am praying for your family  peggy  God bless you as he moves you closer i Him  peggy

Heidi

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2008, 03:44:54 AM »

Heidi,

So SORRY to hear about your Husband,  :( Our prayers go out to Him and you, also for God to help you cope with this unhappy reality, requiring emotional endurance, not easy. May God's Spirit ease the emotional pain.

Although they didn't have Parkinson's Disease in the movie Awakenings, I remember that movie bringing tears to my eyes showing some similiarities to the Parkensian Brain. The Dr depicted in that movie is still alive and active in his research and desire to help people, too bad you couldn't ask him for help.

Agapeo, Samson.

Thank you for your message Samson.....it is gut wrenching.  God is in control, now that I know the truth I know that nothing happens without it not being preordained by Him and that it is not because of any sin in Eric's life.  It is just all so scary.........

Heidi

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2008, 03:48:07 AM »

Phi_2:27 For indeed he was sick nigh unto death: but God had mercy on him; and not on him only,
but on me also, lest I should have sorrow upon sorrow.

What 'n wonderful verse....my prayer is that God will have mercy on him; and not him only, but on me also, lest I should have sorrow upon sorrow.  Amen.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.