bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IMPACT CRATERS AND NOAH’S FLOOD  (Read 8303 times)

Heidi

IMPACT CRATERS AND NOAH’S FLOOD
« on: October 19, 2008, 06:15:15 AM »

I am starting to understand a few things better now, having studied this paper for the second time now.  When I first read Ray's paper it did not make any sense that he states that "out of order comes chaos" and then a bit further in the paper he changes to "for chaos comes order"......it was not making any sense.

The second time around having studied it I am seeing things in a more spiritual way and I am getting immensely excited at the awesome God that we serve.

Ray states in his paper, "there is a systematic flow of disorder, chaos or evening to order - cosmos, order or morning.  To appreciate this rarity of flow of disorder to order we must at this point acquire more understanding of the laws of thermodynamics.   Entropy, chaos, out of order.  Not order out of chaos.  Then he writes, "The laws of thermodynamics that control the universe is bringing something that is orderly into disorder and chaos, everywhere always."   See how easy it is to get confused?  I am not an scientist at all, give me paint and a paintbrush anytime.

Now comes the major psycho-physiologic question;  If the universe trend is towards chaos, why is there order at all?

If the basic laws of physics dictate that orderly things slow down, get colder, deteriorate and go from order to chaos, why is there order anywhere in the universe?  It seems to defy the laws of thermodynamics, which work on everything, always everywhere.

Why would God do that?  Why would He make something that by it's very nature it starts to fall apart, break down and become useful?  There is a spiritual lesson here.

Onkelos perceived that a qualitative change in the nature of the universe had occurred.  A change from disorder without the possibility of life, to order with life. 

“And God saw everything that He made and behold it was a unified order.”  Well what was it before?  Chaos.

It was chaos, then every created period went from chaos to order… from chaos to order… from chaos to order until finally at the end of the six periods, everything was a unified order.  That’s how God got rid of the chaos.  God uses a process.  Why does He use that process?  Why does He do a lot of things?  God does strange things. 

And yet, within a limited portion of the universe highly ordered structures have appeared.  We humans are the most extreme example of such local order.

The Author of Genesis thought this flow towards order was sufficiently important and exceptional, to emphasize it at regular repartition, “and it was evening and there was morning.” 

Because everything else in science and in the universe goes the other way.  But God is making this go contrary to that.  Life is different.  Life is special.

God created in wisdom, in creating us (humans) He has confounded the wisdom of the world, thermodynamics etc and out of chaos He has created us.

Spiritually for me I am being created out of chaos.....struggles of the world, the beast within, trials and tribulations into something that represents order.  He will bring us to perfection, but know now that we are in the process of being perfected/ordered.

eggi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: IMPACT CRATERS AND NOAH’S FLOOD
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 07:38:26 AM »

Exactly! Great observation Heidi!

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: (Romans 1:20)

Every little thing about Creation will tell us something about the invisible things of Him from the creation!

God bless you all,
Eirik
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 07:41:21 PM »

Right on it, Heidi.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Richard D

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 08:20:33 PM »

Great post Heidi, Thanks you for posting this thread. It really helps one to understand why everything is as it is.

God Bless.                   In God’s love. Richard.    

aqrinc

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 09:26:30 PM »

Hi Heidi,

The more i read and listen to Impact Craters and Noah's Flood the more i understand about
the preparation each of us go through in this life. Everyone has a talent or skill or even multiples
of each. Yet everyone is so different in their appreciation and ability to comprehend much.

George.

Heidi

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 04:02:19 AM »

Than you all for replying to my post.  It feels encouraging to know that God is leading me on the right track in understanding some more of His spiritual truths.

aqrinc

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 12:53:29 AM »

Has anyone of the forum members been to the Grand Canyon and observed the different water laid strata
up close. If so please help us to shed some more light based on your observations. I used to think that the
Great Pyramid at Giza survived a worldwide flood. After more studying of the geologic table and other scientific
and scripture references i see that is nonsense. So when did the Great Pyramid get built; and no it was not by
the Egyptian Pharaoh's.

George.  ???

indianabob

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2008, 01:19:54 AM »

George,
Yes, I've been to the grand canyon.  It looks like a gully washer from the air.
O.K. I'll ask.  Who did build the great pyramid at Giza and when was it built?

Indiana bob

aqrinc

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 03:23:05 AM »

Still searching to corraborate some data but it seems the Great Pyramid at least predates the earliest Pharoah by many years. I had wandered away from that research so looking for old notes and books.

George.

eggi

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2008, 04:49:28 AM »

I think there is a chance that 8.5 kms of water on top of the pyramid would change it's structure just a bit. Imagine all that water flowing away, and remember that it happened in a relatively short time... Would anything be left on the surface of the earth except mud and debris!?
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2008, 10:40:15 AM »

Has anyone of the forum members been to the Grand Canyon and observed the different water laid strata
up close. If so please help us to shed some more light based on your observations. I used to think that the
Great Pyramid at Giza survived a worldwide flood. After more studying of the geologic table and other scientific
and scripture references i see that is nonsense. So when did the Great Pyramid get built; and no it was not by
the Egyptian Pharaoh's.

George.  ???

I've been to the Grand Canyon several times.

The thing about the pyramids is not the pyramids but the underground tombs. If the pyramids were covered with water then all the tombs would have been flooded and destroyed. The reason the tombs have survived is they have remained in a very dry environment. A problem they have now is the humidity the tourist give off is harming the tombs. So what would being totally flooded for a solid year have done to them?

Dennis
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 03:10:49 PM by Dennis Vogel »

eggi

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2008, 12:21:56 PM »

My guess is that it would have messed them up. Am I right? :) The mummys would have been soaked and crushed! I want mummy!

aqrinc

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2008, 01:38:43 PM »

Hi Dennis,

This is a work in progress:

There is one other passage in scripture that relates to stone marker on the borders of Egypt. I have to find it
again, It reads as if from a far distant past.

BTW, i am not contending that the Great flood was anywhere in Egypt.

Physical then Spiritual.

18-You show loving kindness to thousands, and recompense the iniquity of the fathers into the bosom of their children after them:
the Great, the Mighty God, the LORD of hosts, is his name,

19-Great in counsel, and mighty in work: for your eyes are open on all the ways of the sons of men: to give every one according to
his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings:

20-Which have set signs and wonders in the land of Egypt, even to this day, and in Israel, and among other men; and have made you
a name, as at this day;

21-And have brought forth your people Israel out of the land of Egypt with signs, and with wonders, and with a strong hand, and with
a stretched out arm, and with great terror;

22-And have given them this land, which you did swear to their fathers to give them, a land flowing with milk and honey

Much work left to complete, just now getting back after about 20 years.

Come on guys do not mock what you do not understand; at least realize what you do not know.
We all used to be in deathly fear of Hell Fire; now we welcome the Lake Of Fire because of new understanding.

George.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2008, 03:28:48 PM »

In my chem class just monday, we learned about the laws of thermo dynamics and the second law of enthropy.

It is interesting, considering everything is going from a state of order to chaos and to still have the universe come into perfect order "IN THE BEGINNING" is almost like a contradiction, that is, if their were no God ;)

aqrinc

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2008, 04:15:53 PM »

Most of us know more than we think we know; accessing and using what we know is where
God Comes in. Brain 100%; using 3% to 4% or less; who loose's the binding when suddenly
the complex becomes (Oh or Aha) that is what it means.

2Co_2:14 Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh
manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

1Co_12:8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

2Co_4:6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts,
to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

Phi_3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord:
for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

George.

In my chem class just monday, we learned about the laws of thermo dynamics and the second law of enthropy.

It is interesting, considering everything is going from a state of order to chaos and to still have the universe come into perfect order "IN THE BEGINNING" is almost like a contradiction, that is, if their were no God ;)

« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 04:24:50 PM by aqr »

aqrinc

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2008, 04:29:31 AM »

These are the first two verses that talk about a pillar (In Egypt) for a witness in That Day, more to come.

19-In that day shall there be an altar to the LORD in the middle of the land of Egypt, and a pillar at the
border thereof to the LORD.

20-And it shall be for a sign and for a witness to the LORD of hosts in the land of Egypt: for they shall cry to
the LORD because of the oppressors, and he shall send them a savior, and a great one, and he shall deliver
them.

george.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 23 queries.