bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: God's Will and our Inheritance  (Read 6207 times)

aqrinc

God's Will and our Inheritance
« on: October 19, 2008, 06:48:41 PM »

Now i believe i am beginning to see the flow of the Word.

Each of the Scriptures below tell us God knows what He is doing, Has Always known What He is Doing
and Works after the Counsel of His Own Will. Read the 4 verses immediately below, then read the passage
below that afterwards.

Romans 5:8:
But God commends his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 8:30:
Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified:
and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Ephesians 1:5:
Having predestinated us to the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good
pleasure of his will,

Ephesians 1:11:
In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him
who works all things after the counsel of his own will:

Read this now and see:

But God commends his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Having predestinated us to the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who works all things after the counsel of his own will:
Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

In Awe and Gratefulness, George.

hillsbororiver

Re: God's Will and our Inheritance
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 11:03:27 AM »

Hi George,

A beautiful message Brother!

It is amazing how from time to time how certain scriptures seem to reemerge as we read and study and fellowship, I want to add a couple of verses (that have popped up a few times for me recently) from 1John Chapter 3 that I believe fit very well with your post.

1Jo 3:1  Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

1Jo 3:2  Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

It is an incredible promise to contemplate.....

Peace,

Joe

aqrinc

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 12:39:53 PM »

Joe,

Those 2 verses and thousands of others All say the same thing, don't they. All the Promises Of God
Are Yea and Amen; the Joy and Peace i get is really unspeakable. To think that the dross i believed
before was being sold (tithe, freewill, accept salvation) as good news.

I feel like Shouting from my rooftop the Real Good News of our ADOPTION and our ABBA.

George.

Heidi

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 04:14:35 AM »

1Jo 3:1  Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

1Jo 3:2  Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

John was sure of his election and spoke very positively about what he believed is going to happen when Christ returns.  I believe now that we can also be sure that if we endure to the end and by God's grace teaching us that we will also be able to see Him as He is when He returns.

Heidi

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 11:49:41 PM »

2Pe 1:10  Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
Give diligence to what?
2Pe 1:5  And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
2Pe 1:6  And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
2Pe 1:7  And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
2Pe 1:8  For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

2Pe 1:4  Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
Something we can be sure of!! ;D
Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

aqrinc

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 12:11:04 AM »

Joe, Heidi and Antaiwan,

When you add these two Scriptures, it gets even better.

Matthew 11:29:
Take my yoke on you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and you shall find rest to your souls.

Matthew 11:30:
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

George.  ;D   ;D

2Pe 1:10  Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
Give diligence to what?
2Pe 1:5  And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
2Pe 1:6  And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
2Pe 1:7  And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
2Pe 1:8  For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

2Pe 1:4  Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
Antaiwan

Richard D

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 03:18:20 PM »

George.

Thank you George for this reminder as it always is uplifting to hear wonderful truths as these.   :)

Amen Brother.                       In His Love. Richard.

Marlene

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2008, 07:52:47 PM »

Thanks to All our Brothers and Sisters in Christ. I love you all. Love never fails. God loved us first. We are blessed to know the True Gospel which is truely the Good News. But, others who don't know will know. It is his for him to decide the time not us. We truely need to wait and be patient with him. He wills all men be saved and he will do it. Sure, we would like to be sin free. We will. He has his reasons and his plan to give us victory overy our sins. Without, him we would not be able to even believe.
In His Love,
Marlene

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2008, 03:20:14 AM »

Joe, Heidi and Antaiwan,

When you add these two Scriptures, it gets even better.

Matthew 11:29:
Take my yoke on you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and you shall find rest to your souls.

Matthew 11:30:
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

George.  ;D   ;D

Give diligence to what?

Antaiwan

Yes it does George! :D
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

aqrinc

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2008, 04:38:55 AM »

A few more promises to learn from.

Psalms 94:14:
For the LORD will not cast off his people, neither will he forsake his inheritance.

Ezekiel 46:16:
Thus said the Lord GOD; If the prince give a gift to any of his sons, the inheritance thereof shall be his sons';
it shall be their possession by inheritance.

Ezekiel 46:17:
But if he give a gift of his inheritance to one of his servants, then it shall be his to the year of liberty; after
it shall return to the prince: but his inheritance shall be his sons' for them.

Ezekiel 46:18:
Moreover the prince shall not take of the people's inheritance by oppression, to thrust them out of their possession; but
he shall give his sons inheritance out of his own possession: that my people be not scattered every man from his possession.

Acts 20:32:
And now, brothers, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an
inheritance among all them which are sanctified.

Ephesians 1:11:
In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who works all things
after the counsel of his own will:

Ephesians 1:14:
Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of his glory.

Ephesians 1:18:
The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches
of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

Colossians 1:12:
Giving thanks to the Father, which has made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

Colossians 3:24:
Knowing that of the Lord you shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for you serve the Lord Christ.

Hebrews 9:15:
And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions
that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

George.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.