bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What does it take to be a pro??  (Read 4739 times)

winner08

What does it take to be a pro??
« on: October 19, 2008, 10:46:10 PM »

What is your disability? How can we turn around our disability to an advantage? Yes I seen this on a program and it was interesting to say the lest. I was thinking about the pro who play sports and everytime they get injured they do whatever it takes to get back on track. to be better than they were.  I have always wanted that go out and get it attitude. That professionalism I lack. It doesn't have to be a sport just anything that I do I would like to have a pro attitude. That kind of commitmen which I don't. How do I get it? am I too old? I don't pray enough? I don't try hard enough, I don't believe enough? What is it that makes one person a professional and one just an ordinary Joe? Do you have to be born with it ? Does God put that little something extra in you when He created you like talent? One has to have talent to be an artist or a pro athlete. I have none. I remember when I was younger in my teens & 20s I ask my my what make me special? Do I have any passion? 20yrs latter I'm still asking these questions. I am not looking for any replies I just need to vent a bit.
But if anybody has a good story  they would like to share along these line you are more than welcomed

thanks,
Darren

Marlene

Re: What does it take to be a pro??
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 12:10:46 AM »

Darren, Many people believe I have been gifted with the ability to sing and speak to people. I can remember, when I use to be afraid to say hello to people I was so shy. I went to church many years before anyone knew I could sing or speak about anything. Well, I know this all came from God. Without him I would have never got up there believe me. What kept me singing was my need to express to people my love for god. I also, wanted to comfort hurting people.

Now for some real thoughts. I think many stay in sports or what ever they do for glory. God, knows if they do. Some just for the sheer love .

I believe god enables us to stay in the race for life eternal. Is that not the hardest race man every run. I see you as in the race. We are all in the same boat.

Now, something I want to share with you Darren, I was really involved with my church. I had become very ill and quit going. The pastor not once called to check on me. I latter came down with a illness that most die from. My temp was 109 when they took me out of my house. The Lord kept me awake during that whole time, he did it to show me who was in control. He gave me peace of mind in his love for me that I had trouble seeing before.

A few weeks latter I went back to church. I did thank one man who came over and annoited me. I guess, that was wrong because my pastor called and asked them what they thought they were doing. We never had alot of money, but we gave with our hearts every week. He had ran some young family off because he told how much they gave. We latter found this out. The second week back he got up and said " He did not know what anyone gave ", or he would be a respector of persons. He took the exact amount we tithed . He then said,"God may kill people who don't pay tithes. My husbands family all knew what he did but they never left. I knew what he did to the young couple but never left. When, it was done to us we left. My mother in-law did not want to leave and his sister and brother-in law because they helped to build the church building.

God said" Leave that church", So, we did. One he lied. Two he sat himselfl in God  seat. I left cause of that. Then latter I said God I will never be able to sing again cause I cant handle large churches. He said" Do you love your singing or me. Thats when it hit me I love him more then anything. Now, my heart sings to the Lord everynight!!!!!!He led me to truth of tithe and Hell. Hey, I even forgive that minister because "Father Forgive Them They Know Not What They Do" Without gods truth I would not have been able to forgive.

So, there I say you are doing something. You are in the race for the prize. Its all about our Holy Father and Son. You have been called to the greatest thing in this live and the next.
Amen
Marlene

Marlene

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 12:15:31 AM »

Darren, Also, remember, we learn through our trials. Also, he is able to give us the victory!!!!!!!!! The race is over when he says.
Marlene

winner08

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 12:39:57 AM »

Thanks Marlene: I think you are very special. I think you have A gift from God and you should use it whenever you can. Now as far as I go, I think you might have misunderstood my post. I am not having self pity or doubting myself although I do these things sometimes. But I was just wondering how many our there have a passion or want to be a pro in attitude. Whatever they may do in life. To have that kind of passion I do not have. I do seek the truth and wisdom of our Lord and I know that's a good thing. Maby this will take me to the next level.

Darren

musicman

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 01:45:24 AM »

Trust me, I know about dedication.  I aint the music man for nothing.  I have always wanted to be an orchestral trombone player.  To this day I would take that over being a professional athlete any day.  Some talk about glory.  Perhaps I wanted that a little bit.  But come on.  Playing in an orchestra over playing quarterback in the NFL?  There's more to it than glory, I assure you.  Any how, I know of few that were as dedicated as I was.  I felt that I would do anything.  The problem is, is that to go above and beyond involves great confidence.  And what produces confidence?  Success.  And when one doesn't experience the success from long hours of practice, they are unlikely to invest the large quantities of money to try and reach that next level.  After all, it is very likely that it won't be enough.  To sum up what I am saying:

Talent is genetic.  If you don't quite have it, no amount of work is likely to get you to the level, necessary.  Now, I believe that I have talent.  Just not enough to compete in such a crowded market.  And yes, I know of some who have surprised everybody.  I even have a friend that did this.  But generally, talent is self evident early on. 

OBrenda

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 12:34:17 PM »

I'm not sure that surviving hurricane Katrina & living in FEMA trailers for years with your Family isn't made of greater precious metals, than to get the ball into the right place on a field of green grass.

Now that's a Hero to me,
Brenda

Richard D

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008, 08:47:25 PM »

Hi Darren.

Think about that scripture (So as a man thinks so he is.)  But God directs our footsteps. Darren, What ever God’s purpose for every human being is that person is doing it now and in process of.

It’s easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than a rich man to enter heaven. Maybe one day these pros will say how can I be like Darren………..LOL… You know what I mean my brother.   :)

In His Love. Richard.   

Vangie

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2008, 09:52:39 PM »

Brenda and Richard,
Your responses were just perfect.  Wow!  I just felt the spirit of Christ when I read what you said to Darren.  Thank you.

Musicman--I totally get what you're saying.  I am just now getting comfortable in the fact that I've never really excelled at anything in this life.  I think maybe it's a plus for me personally, as the beast in me doesn't have quite as far to fall now that I realize who's really on the throne.  My mind had really created some huge (but spiritually teeny weeny) pedestals for my carnal ego.  I'm pretty sure that if I were really great at some talent, I'd have a harder time dying to myself.  God knows why he made us so and for what, and I'm so glad it's not up to me anymore to try to figure it out....now that I know what we know!  Does that make any sense?

Love in Christ,
Vangie

winner08

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 03:03:08 AM »

Brenda having survied Katrina and living in the fema trailer for 3 yrs. wasn't by choice. and it didn't take much . It was a matter of staying alive and keeping your head above water. Which I didn't do most of the time.
Its funny one never thinks it can happen to you. You see stuff like that on tv all the time. You see people walking the streets with just the clothes on their backs maby a jug of water and draging their kids behind them crying. Homless. No food it's a very bad feeling not knowing where one's going to live. But, and I mean this from the bottom of my heart. God had to be and was looking after us. That being said, I thank you for your kindness

Darren
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.