bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sharing  (Read 4389 times)

walt123

sharing
« on: October 20, 2008, 12:41:21 AM »

hello eveyone
i would like to thank all of you for sharing your joy,sadness,and jokes.
i try to get online as often as i can ,i have learn alot more since coming to the forum.
i would like to share with you two books i have read that was very helpfull for me in the day to day living.
many things i read on the forum touched on these two books,so here there are.
1-Boundaries,by Henry cloud and John townsend
  a little about the book,most of us don't know when to draw the line,or most importantly when to say "no"
 to abusive,and controlling people which don't respect your boundaries.
2-How we love,by Milan & kay yerkovich
 a little about this book,the yerkoviches idenitify four types of injured imprints which lie buried in you from
childhood.
your early life experince create an "intimacy imprint" an underlying blueprint that shapes your behavior,beliefs and
expectations of all future relationships and especially your marriage.
these two books are must reads i think , if you get a chance to to read them let me know what you thougth about it .
by the way if anyone has alittle time to explain how in detail to post a picture by your screen name,i'am a little slow in that area,
thank alot to all,

walter. 

Stevernator

Re: sharing
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 01:04:19 AM »

That was a kind post Walt.
I looked on amazon and those books seemed interesting. The Boundaries book looked helpful for people always afraid of offending others.

Click Profile on the blue bar near the top and then click Forum Profile Information on the left. Then click the circle for I have my own pic. Insert a link to the picture. Try using imageshack http://imageshack.us/ or photobucket to host a picture if you need to. After you entered the link to where your picture is hosted click change profile at the bottom.

OBrenda

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 05:29:54 PM »

Boundaries....something I need to get help with!

Thanks for sharing Walt,
Brenda

Jackie Lee

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 11:13:44 PM »

I really wish I knew boundaries when it comes to families but seems I jump hoops to please family unfortunately.

Heidi

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 09:34:54 PM »

I really wish I knew boundaries when it comes to families but seems I jump hoops to please family unfortunately.

I can identify with what you said as well Kathy and I am tired of it.  I have started to resent the fact that I felt used by family and friends and then just yesterday God gave me these two scriptures and I realised that this was something that I needed to overcome.

Mat 5:44 But 1161 I 1473 say 3004 unto you 5213, Love 25 your 5216 enemies 2190, bless 2127 them that curse 2672 you 5209, do 4160 good 2573 to them that hate 3404 you 5209, and 2532 pray 4336 for 5228 them which 3588 despitefully use 1908 you 5209, and 2532 persecute 1377 you 5209; 

Luk 6:28 Bless 2127 them that curse 2672 you 5213, and 2532 pray 4336 for 5228 them which despitefully use 1908 you 5209. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.