bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: How few are the "few"?  (Read 18298 times)

Decky

Re: How few are the "few"?
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2008, 06:44:18 PM »

If I were to die right this moment, I would be about 95% to 98% sure that I won't be in the 1st ressurection, but I cannot pinpoint for sure what the reason I'd fall short is. I know that I still harbor great anger and disgust toward God for taking my father from me, and for not giving me the desires of my heart(A mate, children, etc). I know that my prayer life is slim and none...mostly none as of late, and the thought of praying or communicating with God still makes my stomach ball up with resentment(This is not an exaggeration). I WANT to love and trust God again, but I can't, I literally can't. I wish there was some way to be sure what one needs to do to make the 1st resurrection. "Enduring to the end" is too vague. Enduring what? The belief that God will save all? Not being in the Babylonian church system?

Truly he is a God who hides himself
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 06:46:30 PM by Decky »

Kat

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2008, 09:27:40 PM »

Hi Decky,

There is a transcript on 'How Hard is Getting Saved?' that might help your understanding on this.

Audios
Getting Saved part 1: http://bible-truths.com/audio/N05 GettingSaved_p1.mp3
Getting Saved part 2: http://bible-truths.com/audio/N05 GettingSaved_p2.mp3

Transcript
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3849.0.html

Here is an email that may point you in the right direction.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,373.0.html --------

Unfortunately, I cannot even begin to explain the whole plan of God to you in an email, and then explain the process of conversion, overcoming, living a godly life, etc., etc., etc., in an email. It would take me days.

Understand this: It is GOD Who is directing your life, and He caused you to come to our site. There is a lot of information on our site. Unfortunately only a handful of people have ever read all the material on our site. If you will read all the material on our site, most of your questions will be answered.

No one showed me how to repent. No one showed me how to overcome. No one showed me how to conquer sin. God did it in me, for me. There was a time when I too felt helpless and didn't know what to do. I knew there was a God, but I didn't know how to really contact Him, and so basically I learned that it was He who contacted me--in HIS TIME.

I have people asking me to "Please explain the Bible to me, Ray."  Or: "Show me how to do God's perfect will so that I will be happy and have purpose in my life."

I can't really do these things. Here is what Paul instructs us:  "Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence [Paul was now in prison in Rome, and would never see these Philippians again] , WORK OUT YOUR OWN SALVATION WITH FEAR AND TREMBLING."  Why?

"For [because] it is GOD which works in you both to will and to do of His good pleasre" (Phil. 2:12-12).

This sounds like a contradiction to most people. The reason that we "work out our own slavation with fear and trembling" is because it is ALL OF GOD.
We cannot look to our own devices or works--only God can and will save us. You MUST rely on God IN FAITH for all of these things in your life. God will CAUSE you to work all these things out in your life.  I will help as much as lies within me, but I cannot give you all the answers in an email, and I have too many email to write long essay type answers. Hope you understand.

God be with you,
Ray

tinknocker

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2008, 01:21:54 AM »

1Co 9:24  Do you not know that the runners in a stadium all race, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win.

Thats all we can do!

tinknocker

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2008, 02:13:43 PM »

If I were to die right this moment, I would be about 95% to 98% sure that I won't be in the 1st ressurection, but I cannot pinpoint for sure what the reason I'd fall short is. I know that I still harbor great anger and disgust toward God for taking my father from me, and for not giving me the desires of my heart(A mate, children, etc). I know that my prayer life is slim and none...mostly none as of late, and the thought of praying or communicating with God still makes my stomach ball up with resentment(This is not an exaggeration). I WANT to love and trust God again, but I can't, I literally can't. I wish there was some way to be sure what one needs to do to make the 1st resurrection. "Enduring to the end" is too vague. Enduring what? The belief that God will save all? Not being in the Babylonian church system?

Truly he is a God who hides himself

Hey decky, i'm sorry for your current situation but i wanted to let you know as well, that you're not alone my dear friend. I'm in a pretty similar situation. Sometimes at night, i don't even pray to God because i'm so ashamed of my conduct during the day that i feel, why would God want to hear from me? I don't deserve to even speak with Him, and so i don't... This has been something i've struggled with for a long time now. I'm just so sick of some of the things i do, i feel so ashamed and so hypocritcal. I feel like my apologies to God have no meaning what so ever. That saying "Don't say sorry if you're going to do it again." It plays over and over in my head when i try to pray to God and i feel like im doing just that. Saying sorry than going right back the next day and doing the wrong thing. Almost like greasy grace, as ray calls it, however i know it's WRONG what i'm doing unlike those who believe grace covers all even the right to continually live in sin.

Well i just wanted to tell you that, so you can know your not the only one who struggles with prayer and being close to God.

Btw, my song in the offtopic disccusion called "Gotta be somebody" you should listen to it decky. Specialy since you mentioned not having a mate, i think you would really enjoy it, and it would lift your spirits.

God be with you dear brother.

In Christ,

Alex
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 02:15:01 PM by lilitalienboi16 »

Martinez

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2008, 06:03:10 PM »

I find myself hardly ever praying at all because I figure that if the prayer of a righteous man avails much then there's no point for me to pray.

I am definitely with you guys on this one.

I really feel that God would not want to hear from Me at all.
!

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2008, 08:43:38 PM »

Oh my.  Time for a little exhortation?

So what if you can only manage 10 seconds of real prayer a day?  Don't you know the carnal mind is enmity with God?  Don't you think GOD knows that?  Do you think YOU are any different just because He's chosen you?  Pray your ten seconds, and ask God for ten more seconds.  In a week, you're up to a minute.  In some over a year, you're up to an hour.  Give God enough time to work in you and you're praying without ceasing.  Thank Him for ten seconds.  He's not given that to most of humanity. 

Don't be like a bunch of pentacostal old ladies waiting for the 'feeling' to be right.  Wrestle!  Tell God what is on your mind.  He already knows.  You feel guilt?  You feel lazy?  You feel unmotivated?  You feel unworthy?  Then let your prayer be that!  Get those encumbrances out of the way and behind you. 

Are you still holding on to the fantasy that He's already saved you--past tense?  Get it straight.  He's in the process of saving you.  That does more than just imply growth, don't you think?  While we were yet sinners, He DIED for us...don't you reckon He will wait for us?

I'm not there yet, but I see a day when the scales tip and what is difficult in the spirit now becomes easier, and what is easy now in the flesh becomes more unthinkably difficult.  Then He'll be able to make us stand.

What Father doesn't enjoy wrestling with his kids?  He can smack us down without trying.  He knows already our weakness against Him.  He already knows His strength against us.  But if we are to learn, we have to try.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

aqrinc

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2008, 10:05:46 PM »

Dave,

I do believe you got my attention with that exhortation also.

Martinez,

We are all His Creation, do you think God Called you just so you can shut up?
In Christ we are Made Righteous, so yes; you are called and Made Righteous.

Come Brother, lets reason this one out together. Where you are now is a place
on the journey, the destination is where God Is Taking you in Christ Jesus Now.

Our Father Wants us to Run to Him when we feel lonely, lost or scared so Do It.

George.

I find myself hardly ever praying at all because I figure that if the prayer of a righteous man avails much then there's no point for me to pray.

I am definitely with you guys on this one.

I really feel that God would not want to hear from Me at all.
!

Ricky

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2008, 11:27:24 PM »

Dave, that was awesome, you said, Do you think You are any different just because He`s chosen you? Dave I really need to know something has God chosen me to?    thankyou
     Ricky
Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.

OBrenda

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2008, 11:33:59 PM »

That was Powerful Dave!
Brenda

Kat

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2008, 12:32:31 AM »

Hi Ricky,

Dave I really need to know something has God chosen me to?

You know the parable of the sower and the seed.  Here is what Christ says in verse 23.

Mat 13:23  But he who received seed on the good ground is he who hears the word and understands it, who indeed bears fruit and produces: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty."

As you can see from what Jesus says, when you hear the truth and go on to bear fruit in your life, that is the indication that the spirit is indwelling.

Gal 5:22-23  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.

When you began to overcome things that you never could before, that is the Holy Spirit at work.  Then I believe you know you are in the race, one of the 'chosen.'  But that is not a guarantee, because you must remain "faithful" to the end.

Rev 17:14  These will make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, for He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and those who are with Him are called, chosen, and faithful.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 01:36:50 AM by Kat »

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2008, 01:34:13 AM »

Ricky, I can't really add to what Kat posted except this:

John10:1  "Truly, truly I tell you, the person who does not enter the sheepfold through the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a bandit. 2  The one who enters through the gate is the shepherd of the sheep. 3  It is to him the gatekeeper opens the gate, and it is his voice the sheep hear. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.
4  When he has driven out all his own, he goes ahead of them, and the sheep follow him because they recognize his voice.

I can encourage you in this, though.  All of us here have overcome what Ray explains is the "Depth of Satan"--the doctrine so opposed to the true purpose and will of God--Hell, eternal torment, eternal separation.

Having overcome this by the Grace (divine influence) of God, there is nothing greater left to overcome.  His will be done.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

cjwood

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2008, 02:35:08 AM »

Im just a washed up old country drunk, but Im pretty sure the quote " The more the merrier" does not apply here.  I think when God says few, I think he means it.  As for myself, im striving for the 1st resurrection, but at this point in time it's a long shot......... Real Long.

Love in Christ

Longhorn

ok longhorn, i just gotta say it, you are one of the funniest (spiritual) brothers i know of on the forum (with the exception of dan dan the musicman). you always make me laugh and that is a very good thing. i loved your statement "the more the merrier" not applying to the more of the called. and don't worry about being a washed up old country drunk. Jesus rallied a group of the most pathetic washed up fishermen, a tax collector, and even a pious jew who looked to make sure christians were killed. so a washed up old country drunk is an easy one for Him. anyway, i just wanted to let you know we still love you.

claudia

aqrinc

« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2008, 02:47:31 AM »

longhorn,

Yes we love you washed up old country drunk; now pass the thunderbird please.  ;D

If not ripple will do just fine thank you.  ::)

George.  :D

Decky

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2008, 11:47:47 AM »

I appreciate all the responses to my message. A, no, I'm not so much worried about the condition or state of my Dad. I know that from my perspective he's sleeping(but from HIS perspective, he's already awake because he doesn't know that he's sleeping. It does pain me to wonder if God is torturing him for an age in the lake of fire).The anger is plain and simple because God ignored my request. I'll share with you all my biggest lifetime terror, which I can remember back to age 7 when I first learned about death. My biggest fear wasn't losing my own life, it was having to experience losing my parents. I remember when Mom & Dad would come home late after a night out, and I would sit up crying all night for thinking that something happened to them, and I was inconsolable(Much to the dismay of my babysitter). I never loss that fear when I became an adult, and so I was never prepared for it, even though it looked like God was NOT going to heal Dad. He took my Dad way too young. He had just retired from his career and was so looking forward to spending his days enjoying his lifestyle that he worked so darned hard for for almost 40 years.

I guess I never think about whether the answer is justified. I'm really not concerned about that. All I know is that it's there, and try as hard as I might, I cannot get rid of it. I'm sure you all recall the game(I think it's called "trust")where you fall back in blind faith while someone stands behind you and vows to catch you before you land on the ground. Well, if that person fails to catch you, and you fall to the ground and break your tailbone or something else, no matter how many times that person says,"Try it again, I'll CATCH you this time," something in you will not let yourself trust that person again, and rightfully so. Well, that's how I feel about God. Sometimes I hate the very thought of him, and I cannot help it.

I will try to encourage myself with all the messages and the links to Ray's papers on the subject. I do appreciate knowing that I'm not alone, because I truly feel that way sometimes, which I'm sure exacerbates my feelings. Thank you all, thank you very much.

Added note: I FINALLY have a weekend off(First time since early August!)and I can devote some time to studying more and hopefully getting out of this rut. I've missed being in the Word. Finally I should be able to complete the Nashville Conference material!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 11:55:14 AM by Decky »

indianabob

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2008, 04:17:07 PM »

Im just a washed up old country drunk, but Im pretty sure the quote " The more the merrier" does not apply here.  I think when God says few, I think he means it.  As for myself, im striving for the 1st resurrection, but at this point in time it's a long shot......... Real Long.

Love in Christ

Longhorn

Keep in mind Longhorn, that God is the one doing the work.
God can make a diamond from a piece of coal.

God is calling the base and the common among the people so that He can show what He can do with very little.  As the Bible tells us:

"that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: . . . That no flesh should glory in His presence" (I Corinthians 1:26,29).

So, you and I have as good a chance as anyone else, if God wills it.

indianabob

aqrinc

« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2008, 04:46:21 PM »

Hope i do not create a firestorm with this but: God does not leave anything to chance, Jesus
said (I have kept All the ones you gave Me except for the son of Perdition). I believe
this Scripture is addressing the overcoming of the beast in us by the (Blood Of The Lamb).

Joh_17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest
me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be
fulfilled.

Phi_1:28 And in nothing terrified by your adversaries: which is to them an evident token of
perdition, but to you of salvation, and that of God.

George.

Love in Christ

Longhorn

Keep in mind Longhorn, that God is the one doing the work.
God can make a diamond from a piece of coal.

God is calling the base and the common among the people so that He can show what He can do with very little.  As the Bible tells us:

"that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: . . . That no flesh should glory in His presence" (I Corinthians 1:26,29).

So, you and I have as good a chance as anyone else, if God wills it.

indianabob

Marlene

« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2008, 05:36:12 PM »

Decky, I feel you pain. Last night I was reading Ecclesiastes. I read the whole chapter.  To sum it up all of this life is meaningless.  We rejoice at a birth when the Bible says we should rejoice at a death. There is not promises in this dark world we live in of even living to enjoy this world.

However, we do have a promise while here of a World we cannot even imagine.
Our next life will have meaning. We, all will share in that life cause he loves us and gave his life up. This is the meaning of our life that we suffer like him and if we are chosen we will be the first fruits.

But, if not we will be in the great harvest.

Try and read that chapter if you can. I had a neice, who never had a father to raise her. My father, became her father. She was so angry. When, in all reality he suffered from time he was 47 till he died at 75. He had cheated death many times. I am convinced that he let him live for her.

I know he took your Father young. I know you are trying to deal with the pain.
I belive God will give you the Victory . I will keep you in my prayers.

Although, He was my Father to it pained me more for her. She struggled for quite a while. It even hurts her to talk about him. So, yes I can feel the pain cause just hearing you talk of it makes me cry for you .

In His Love,
Marlene

Decky

« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2008, 10:56:18 PM »

Marlene,

Thank you thank you thank you for your message and for your prayers. You know, sometimes when I am in my moments of clarity(Very few and far between)I think about how if my Dad had passed away 5 years ago, a year before I came to the knowledge of the truth about hell, I would probably have suffered a nervous breakdown, or worse. This is what makes me wonder how on earth anyone could have any peace if they really believed that someone whom they loved so dearly was suffering excruciating and eternal pain in a bottomless pit of literal fire with immortal worms eating their flesh. I guess I can be thankful for the fact that God took my Dad when he did, in that his family was at his bedside when he took his last breath. Hey you all, you just don't know how much this is hurting me. I'm welling up with tears now as I type this. I miss him so much, sometimes I cry out for God to just take my life. I know I need to go on, but it's been almost 10 months since Dad passed away, and it still hurts like hell.

mharrell08

« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2008, 11:10:17 PM »

Marlene,

Thank you thank you thank you for your message and for your prayers. You know, sometimes when I am in my moments of clarity(Very few and far between)I think about how if my Dad had passed away 5 years ago, a year before I came to the knowledge of the truth about hell, I would probably have suffered a nervous breakdown, or worse. This is what makes me wonder how on earth anyone could have any peace if they really believed that someone whom they loved so dearly was suffering excruciating and eternal pain in a bottomless pit of literal fire with immortal worms eating their flesh. I guess I can be thankful for the fact that God took my Dad when he did, in that his family was at his bedside when he took his last breath. Hey you all, you just don't know how much this is hurting me. I'm welling up with tears now as I type this. I miss him so much, sometimes I cry out for God to just take my life. I know I need to go on, but it's been almost 10 months since Dad passed away, and it still hurts like hell.

I'm sorry Decky...my heart goes out to you. I feel in agony just thinking what it will be like if & when my parents pass. I'm sorry for your loss.

Marques

Marlene

« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2008, 12:31:44 AM »

Decky, I just want to say something more to you. Before, my Father passed we had to put him in a nursing home. He did not know me for three years ,but he would call my husband by his name. Nov. I went down to him at the nursing home just me and my husband. I took him crackers and juice. Cause he loved that. I asked him if he wanted them opened up. He said, yes Marlene. In Dec we got the call that they were taking him into the hospital and it did not look as if he would make it through the night. When, we got there he knew all of us including me and told us all he loved us. It was Dec. 20th now I am not into the material things of Christmas, but I knew I had a family who always made sure my needs were met. Well, I look as his death as a gift from God that he knew me before he died.
Dear, you are grieving and no one can tell you when it will end. It will lessen for you. I grieved for him quite a while. One night I dreamed that my father was in a place where there was a never ending table with all kinds of fruits and things. But, my father looked like I remember him when he was young and healthy. This place was never ending. I imagine God let me see something that my carnal mind could only imagine, but how healthy he looked was what made me happy
The grieving left then. I still miss him and I will never forget him.

Your father is only sleeping. But, he does not have dreams. But, when the Lord raises us from the dead what Ray means is it will be just like waking up after we have gone to sleep. Then the great time of meeting the Lord begins and all pain and tears and sorrow and death is gone. God, gave you the believe of no Hell, cause he knew you may have a nervous break down. But, have hope and fix your eyes upon him. He will help your grieve. Again, I have been in your place.
God will help you to get over your anger. He will take away the pain. He suffered all we have come across.

In His Love,
Marlene
Decky if ever you what to PM me at anytime and leave me a message. I would be more than happy to be there for you .
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 22 queries.