bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: hello  (Read 9159 times)

jennie

hello
« on: October 22, 2008, 08:41:08 PM »

hello to all!
I wanted to make my "howdies" to the group. I am Jennie and was here a good while back. I look forward to getting to know  and make new "cyber-friends".

Richard D

Re: hello
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 08:51:16 PM »

Jennie.

Hello back to you sister Jennie I’m fairly new here too. I’m also interested in new cyber friends as well but right now I ‘am only looking for brothers and sisters in the Lord. Jesus. Ah, you know what I mean…………LOL

I just wanted to say hello to you also. Have a nice day Jennie.  :)

Your friend and brother in the Lord. Richard.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 08:53:06 PM by Richard D »

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 09:07:11 PM »

Welcome back Jennie,

Dennis

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 09:08:41 PM »

Hi there, Jennie.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 09:09:15 PM »

Hi Jennie,

Good to see you again, welcome back!

Joe

iris

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 09:10:18 PM »

Hi Jennie,

Welcome back to the forum!

Iris

Kat

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 09:13:03 PM »

Hi Jennie,

What a nice surprise  :) 
I'm glad you are back with us.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

mharrell08

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2008, 09:16:20 PM »

Hello Jennie, nice to meet you as I have only been here on the forum since February. Glad you are back.  :)

Marques

jennie

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 09:19:59 PM »

How wonderful to see many familiar names. I am glad to be here with you. As I am able, I will up-date on the events that have changed my views of many things. It is still a little difficult for me to talk about except in small quantities! I can tell you that God is good and sometimes takes me through a valley to open up my eyes! Blessings to ya'll!

aqrinc

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2008, 10:06:41 PM »

Hello Jennie,

Nice to meet you, looking to see you on the boards often.

George.

Marlene

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2008, 10:26:41 PM »

Hello Jennie, I am new to this, but have already been blessed by all the beautiful human beings on here. I would love to hear sometime when you are able to share your story.
In His Love,
Marlene

Linny

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2008, 11:06:40 PM »

Hi Jennie, glad you have returned!
Looking forward to getting to know you and hear your story! ;D

Lin

winner08

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2008, 11:30:19 PM »

Welcome Jennie. The prodigal daughter returns.

Darren

Heidi

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2008, 06:13:26 AM »

I am looking forward to getting to know you through your posts.  Sometimes it is needed to leave to know what you left behind and to appreciate it more when you return.

cherokee

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2008, 09:06:27 AM »

Welcome Jennie.
It's so good to see someone drawn back by our Lord.

Suzie

jennie

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2008, 09:21:39 AM »

The prodigal daughter... that would be me! I love that one! Those who know me know some of my story. My sweet husband was a pastor. He is so good too. He just doesn't go along with all the Southern Baptist things. We were told that we don't look tight, dress right, know the right people , make enough money and a bunch of things. I thought this church was different and it was for a while. Or maybe they were just playing a game for a time. I tend to be very trusting in spite of my background.
My background was another part of the equation, Before I go  on.... no pity.... God allowed it to happen so I can help others  who this has happened to. I was raised in the deep south. Back when I was a kid, boys were the desired children because of all the farm work. This was back in the 1960's and 1970's. My Daddy was an alcoholic and I was sort of passed around to be used by the drunken friends. I was hurt. I won't go into details because you don't need that mental picture.... it was ugly. I had internal defects from what had happened and required many surgeries. They left me with a messed up insides and pain. The church seemed to be ashamed of this... having a pastor whose wife was this way. I will share more as I can. It hurts my heart.
On a happy note... blesings to you all as I hear the mountains come alive with birdsong on this morning! Much love, Jennie

Akira329

• "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2008, 10:25:03 AM »

Hey Jennie,
Makes me sad to read your post but nonetheless glad your back among a caring a family!
Hope to get to know you well!
Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

OBrenda

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2008, 12:08:53 PM »

Hi Jennie,

Welcome back, and pleased to meet you.  Sounds like you've had a lot to endure. Hopping to know you better!
 :)
Brenda

jennie

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2008, 02:03:42 PM »

No sadness except for the little girl that was... I have been far more blessed than I have had to endure. It doesn't always feel that way so I have to remind myself of that a lot! The life inside the church was so hard. The most hurtful thing was the people being ashamed of the abuse I went through as a child. they were ashamed of having their pastor's wife with this background. Seems like brothers and sisters in Christ should accept one another. Anyway.... ya'll have blessed me so much just this far and I can't wait to spend this time with ya'll!
The wind is blowing hard through our mountains today and is so lovely to hear as it sings through the trees.Love to all.....

Marlene

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2008, 11:14:07 PM »

Jennie, I know how the organized churches can be. My sister was raped , when she was trying to help someone out. It is a long and very sad story. She became pregnant and almost lost the baby several times. For a while there my sister was not handling it all very well mentally. Well, the baby was born and she has been a blessing thoughout the years. I actually think she is the reason my father lived to be 75 cause she was the father she never had. My neice moved in and lived with us right after my father died. So, she could get a good job. She shared with the Pastor, of our church we had gone to for years. After, she did that him and his wife treated her like something was wrong with her.
She left and never went back. I have been trying to share Ray's teachings and she is becoming receptive to them.

I am sure you are a blessing for many who have suffered like you.

In His Love,
Marlene
I am finding the people on here are the presecuted church.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 23 queries.