bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Loving your neighbor  (Read 3992 times)

EKnight

Loving your neighbor
« on: October 22, 2008, 09:09:20 PM »

I am not sure if I am correct on this but I will lay it out there.

Gal_5:14 For the whole Law is fulfilled in one word, in the statement, "YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF."

Here is what I glean from the scripture above.

I have always thought this was difficult and often used it as an excuse not to have to love my neighbor because I never loved myself.  Now I see it this way: If I am perfect in the same way that evil or the devil is perfect for its intention then so is my neighbor.  I absolutely detest myself at times but now I can step back and say "Eileen, this is God's intentions for you at this time" and so goes for the neighbor (the people who grate on my nerves).  They too have their purpose.  So in this way I suppose you could say I love my neighbor as myself.

Does make sense? or am I way off on this?

Eileen

Marlene

Re: Loving your neighbor
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 10:47:27 PM »

Eileen, This makes alot of sense.I have a neighbor who calls me almost every day. Calls at my dinner time. Comes over. But, she has been very nice to me. She also, has mistreated me. I belive God gave her to me to learn patience. I get very upset when I sin and hate myself and want him to hurry up and do something to help me. Thank God he is teaching me to wait on him. I now look at her differently. She had a very difficult time as a child. She wants love. For some reason she has been giving me some space. Maybe, I am learning to give love in all things. Yes, I think his commandments for love sums up the New Covenant. If, we have love we won't want to hurt others. This covers a multitude of sins. Love never fails. Love like Gods is why we have wars and other such things.
In His Love,
Marlene

aqrinc

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 10:59:11 PM »

Eileen,

Here are some scriptures that can answer your question and comfort you also.

1Jo_4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
1Jo_4:9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his
only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
1Jo_4:10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son
to be the propitiation for our sins.
1Jo_4:11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.

Jo_4:20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth
not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

2Jo_1:5 And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto
thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.

George.

Marlene

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 11:30:13 PM »

Good Scriptures, George

Marlene
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.