bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Chosen  (Read 18602 times)

Martinez

Chosen
« on: October 23, 2008, 03:21:49 AM »

Hi everyone!

I was looking for a particular piece of scripture this morning for another thread and I found this absolutely amazing (well I think it is) piece of scripture in Judges.

Jdg 20:14  But the children of Benjamin gathered themselves together out of the cities unto Gibeah, to go out to battle against the children of Israel.
Jdg 20:15  And the children of Benjamin were numbered at that time out of the cities twenty and six thousand men that drew sword, beside the inhabitants of Gibeah, which were numbered seven hundred chosen men.
Jdg 20:16  Among all this people there were seven hundred chosen men lefthanded; every one could sling stones at an hair breadth, and not miss.
Jdg 20:17  And the men of Israel, beside Benjamin, were numbered four hundred thousand men that drew sword: all these were men of war.

This marvelous piece of scripture actually brings to mind some more scripture.

Rev 20:8  And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
Rev 20:9  And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

Rev 11:3  And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
Rev 11:4  These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
Rev 11:5  And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.

It looks to me that we are going to be chosen, then we had better know the scriptures and know them really well, because the chosen in these scriptures certainly do.

aqrinc

Re: Chosen
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 03:58:54 AM »

Hi Martinez,

I wrote something about the preparation we go through in another thread, All of the called are taught the whole truth.
I think that we are also each highly trained (even if we do not realize it yet) in some particular discipline or multiples
of same for the tasks that the Chosen will do. Just like the military or police or any team sport that requires varied and
highly developed skill sets. In any elite organization many are called but few are chosen for the most exacting jobs.
Hope that is the analogy you were referring to or at least i came close.

Keep it coming Brother,  :)

George.

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 09:30:24 AM »

Hi Martinez,

I wrote something about the preparation we go through in another thread, All of the called are taught the whole truth.

George.

Hi George,

Only the called, WHO ARE CHOSEN, are given true spiritual sight and understanding in this age, which, in turn, produces the "fruit of God's spirit in the elect.

Here is an excerpt from the LOF Pt. 8 - Where Is the Church That Jesus Built?

http://bible-truths.com/lake8.html

THE "CALLED" AND THE "NOT CALLED"

But of the "many called," we are told, "few are chosen" (Matt. 20:16). Why is that? God has intended it to be such. We are given the parable of the "sower of seed" where much of the seed fell by the side of the tilled soil, and the birds ate it; some had no depth and withered in the sun; still more fell among thorns and were chocked, but some fell upon good soil and produced much fruit. Many seed are sown, but few seed produce good fruit. "Seed" we see everywhere in the Church; "fruit" of God’s spirit is more rare. These few have the added designation of:

"These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for He is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with Him are called, and chosen, and faithful" (Rev. 17:14).

These are the "very elect" who cannot be deceived any longer by the Great Whore, "Mystery Babylon the Great, Mother of Harlots, and the Abominations of the earth."

René

high pulpit

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 09:53:35 AM »

Hello Guys,
New member on board. I've been reading you and learning from u guys for the past two years.

The called and CHOSEN are also the "blessed and HOLY is he who has part in the first resurrection, for upon them the second death shall not touch".
This therefore begs and opens up an analysis and understanding of what HOLINESS really is.

Kat

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 11:43:39 AM »

Hi High pulpit,

I'm glad you have joined us  :)

This therefore begs and opens up an analysis and understanding of what HOLINESS really is.

That is a good question concerning who the Chosen are.  Here is the definition from Webster.

Holy
HO'LY, a.

1. Properly, whole, entire or perfect, in a moral sense. Hence, pure in heart, temper or dispositions; free from sin and sinful affections. Applied to the Supreme Being, holy signifies perfectly pure, immaculate and complete in moral character; and man is more or less holy, as his heart is more or less sanctified, or purified from evil dispositions. We call a man holy,when his heart is conformed in some degree to the image of God, and his life is regulated by the divine precepts. Hence, holy is used as nearly synonymous with good, pious, godly.

Be ye holy; for I am holy. 1 Pet 1.

2. Hallowed; consecrated or set apart to a sacred use, or to the service or worship of God; a sense frequent in Scripture; as the holy sabbath; holy oil; holy vessels; a holy nation; the holy temple; a holy priesthood.
------------------------------------------------------

It is a very high calling that we have. 

Php 3:14  I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

aqrinc

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 01:06:01 PM »

Rene,

I am busted down to PSC, you are right and i did not clarify my argument. All the called are exposed
to the Truth and are taught starting with (milk).

Hi Martinez,

George.

Hi George,

Only the called, WHO ARE CHOSEN, are given true spiritual sight and understanding in this age, which, in turn, produces the "fruit of God's spirit in the elect.

Here is an excerpt from the LOF Pt. 8 - Where Is the Church That Jesus Built?

http://bible-truths.com/lake8.html

THE "CALLED" AND THE "NOT CALLED"

Martinez

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 04:56:13 PM »

Here's what I was getting at.

Jdg 20:14  But the children of Benjamin gathered themselves together out of the cities unto Gibeah, to go out to battle against the children of Israel.

This I think is a spiritual match for this.

Rev 20:8  And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
Rev 20:9  And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

Jdg 20:15  And the children of Benjamin were numbered at that time out of the cities twenty and six thousand men that drew sword, beside the inhabitants of Gibeah, which were numbered seven hundred chosen men.

Here Israel is the few and the chosen, but only the few were in the right here.

Jdg 20:16  Among all this people there were seven hundred chosen men lefthanded; every one could sling stones at an hair breadth, and not miss.

No prizes for guessing what this means, they have great understanding of the word of God and destroying the enemies with it, thats what the stones are.
And I think this is a spiritual match for the above as well.

Rev 11:3  And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
Rev 11:4  These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
Rev 11:5  And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.

Jdg 20:17  And the men of Israel, beside Benjamin, were numbered four hundred thousand men that drew sword: all these were men of war.

I know these guys right here are the orthodox christian church because they are the many, they draw the sword (word of God) and they are men of war.

That's just what I get out of that at this particular point in time.
I find this stuff very exciting, I can't believe it's just right there under so many peoples noses and they never see it!

aqrinc

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 01:26:49 AM »

Ok,

I get some of it now, this takes some digesting so off to more reading and Praying for understanding.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 04:57:36 AM by aqr »

Longhorn

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2008, 12:54:14 PM »

I'm not sure if this question has been asked before, but this thread seemed to be an appropriate place to ask.
Does anyone have an idea outside of the obvious what the Elect will do or for that matter everyone once they have been given a spiritual body?  I'm not sure if it's really important to even know but my imagination is going so I thought I'd pose the question.  I know the universe is huge to say the least so I can imagine that maybe we will venture forth into the cosmos?

As far as the qualifications of the Chosen/Elect, I think the trials and tribulations we each go thru on personal levels are what will help to qualify the Elect as righteous Judges.  When you have overcome something difficult afterward, you tend to be considered a pro at whatever it was that was an obstacle.  Likewise, as Judges, the Elect will be able to judge properly those people who have similar shortcomings or obstacles.  I think this is why each Elect person's road to God is purposely hard and difficult and extremely different from each other because of what they bring to the "table" so to speak.  For example, how would an Elect judge a alcoholic who was abusive towards others unless one of the Elect had experienced the very same thing and overcome; how can one of the Elect righteously judge a child molester unless one of the Elect had either been on or had been a victim of one.

God said that He “chose the weak things of the world… and the base things of the world and the things that are despised…. and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are, that no flesh should glory in His presence. (1 Corinthians 1:27-29).

So I take from that, that the Elect will be comprised of formerly some of the most carnal people on the planet.  These formerly carnal people will obviously be shown the complete truth and be converted after trials and chastisement, etc.  But my point is, in order to understand the worse and be able to judge the worst fairly, you have to have a personal experience of being the worst yourself.  Does that make any sense?

Im a shoe in then.   ;D

Longhorn

mharrell08

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2008, 01:14:24 PM »

But my point is, in order to understand the worse and be able to judge the worst fairly, you have to have a personal experience of being the worst yourself.  Does that make any sense?

Hello jacobbsladdr,

Was Christ the worst himself in his earthly ministry in order to properly judge the worst in the world? We never read of Paul, when he was known as Saul, being a fornicator. Actually he kept the law 'blameless'. But he spoke out against such abominations to the numerous churches he wrote to after his conversion.

This is the same sort to question RichardD asked in the 'Evil' thread...there are some excellent comments there especially Ninny's (Kathy).

James 2:10  For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all

Rom. 3:19  Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

Hope this helps,

Marques

Ricky

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2008, 01:47:09 PM »

Hello everyone, It appears that if you are not chosen, God, the bible, and this web site will be of no use to anyone that God has not already chosen. This web site appears to be for the chosen only, and if that is so I do not belong here, because I do not believe that I am one of the chosen, impossible, with 6 billion people in this world there is no chance I am one of the few. So why do I believe what Ray teaches and keep coming back here every day. If I believe that I am not one of the chosen, then it does not matter how I live my life, because I can do nothing about the outcome of my death, and where I will end up. God has already taken care of that. One thing I have never done in life, is go after something I cannot have or get, it`s a waste of time. God would not pick someone like me, for this highest calling. I can almost see God moving Satan back into my life for the kill. Sure hope I am wrong. It seems like life was created for the chosen only and everyone else, life is just dust in the wind.
   Bless you all,  and maybe good luck Ricky.  :'(
Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2008, 02:04:32 PM »

Hi Ricky,

Let's not forget who is called by God, we don't know who is or who isn't chosen.

1Co 1:26  For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

1Co 1:27  But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

1Co 1:28  And base things of the world and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea and things which are not, to bring to naught things that are:

1Co 1:29  That no flesh should glory in his presence.

Are you saying God is powerless to bring you to him?

Peace,

Joe
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 04:47:21 PM by hillsbororiver »

Martinez

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2008, 05:35:38 PM »

Mat 22:1  And Jesus answered and spake unto them again by parables, and said,
Mat 22:2  The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son,
Mat 22:3  And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come.
Mat 22:4  Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come unto the marriage.
Mat 22:5  But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise:
Mat 22:6  And the remnant took his servants, and entreated them spitefully, and slew them.
Mat 22:7  But when the king heard thereof, he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city.
Mat 22:8  Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy.
Mat 22:9  Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage.
Mat 22:10  So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.
Mat 22:11  And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
Mat 22:12  And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
Mat 22:13  Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Mat 22:14  For many are called, but few are chosen.

Ricky, We are not here because We are the cream of the crop, we're here because the rest of the world are not.

You're attitude is one of self sufficiency which is at the heart of all religion such as that displayed here.

Gen 3:7  And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

Ricky

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2008, 06:40:35 PM »

Hello Joe, You are right, we do not know who is chosen and who is not, and we never will. So what do we do, live out our lives believing we are the elect. Joe you ask if I am saying that God is powerless to bring me to Him, you are talking in the now, or future tense. If God has not already predetermined if I am to be the elect , He cannot change that decision because He does not change. So the answer is yes He cannot bring me to Him now or in the future. This is how I see it. It is almost like saying, Belief is a wise wager, if you gain, you gain all, but if you lose you lose nothing.
 Ricky
Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.

Kat

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2008, 07:08:32 PM »

Hi Ricky,

It is predetermined, but we do not know which way it is determined.  None by what they have to offer can qualify for that high calling.  It is only accomplished by the Holy Spirit indwelling.  So it is not vanity to seek to be in the first resurrection, but certainly a good endeavor.  If we do make it then what great joy to be among those who have obtained that high calling.  But even if we don't make it, surely we have learned and gained some degree of righteousness in our striving for it.  And I think that will be a big help in going throught the lake of fire, because learning righteousness is the purpose of the lake of fire.

Isa 26:9  With my soul I have desired You in the night,
       Yes, by my spirit within me I will seek You early;
       For when Your judgments are in the earth,
       The inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

hammerandnails

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2008, 07:26:27 PM »

Amen to that Kat!!! :)

Ricky, you are in my prayers! :)

In His Love
Ariel

hillsbororiver

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2008, 07:32:17 PM »

Hello Joe, You are right, we do not know who is chosen and who is not, and we never will. 

Never? Of course we will, at least in the next age.

So what do we do, live out our lives believing we are the elect.

1Co 9:24  Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.

Joe you ask if I am saying that God is powerless to bring me to Him, you are talking in the now, or future tense. If God has not already predetermined if I am to be the elect , He cannot change that decision because He does not change.

Mat 19:26  But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

So the answer is yes He cannot bring me to Him now or in the future. This is how I see it. It is almost like saying, Belief is a wise wager, if you gain, you gain all, but if you lose you lose nothing.

Isa 55:8  For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

Isa 55:9  For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Ricky

His Peace to you Brother, it sounds like you are wandering in the wilderness right now, I say this because I am very familiar with the surroundings....

Joe

Ricky

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2008, 10:17:57 PM »

Thankyou Kat and Joe,  right again Joe, I have been wandering for a long time or maybe I have always been wandering and have never been on the right road, at least I know what and where the truth is, and cant do nothing with it, and that can make me angry with God because it sounds like it would be His calling for who walks on that narrow road or not. Ariel thankyou so much I will need all the help I can get now because I got laid off last week and that shall make a bigger mess out of my life.
    Bless you all      Ricky

Marlene

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2008, 10:34:42 PM »

Hello, I believe like Kat wrote. Every since I came in here and believed like Ray I have wanted to run the race. Now, will i qualify? I believe he is able to make me qualify. I know it is him who makes me want to run. No matter what it will be worth it in the end. Maybe, I will not require so much correction or teaching in the second death, if not in first. I will just fear like it all depends on him. It does.

In His Love,
Marlene

Kirk Bresee

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2008, 09:31:01 PM »

I'm trying to make sense of all the responses but am having trouble
finding an answer to your initial question...

Aren't you forgetting that there are two types of Christians?
      1. Be hot or cold, not lukewarm (Rev.)
      2. Wise or foolish, as in the parable of the 10 virgins
      3. Those that sing the song of Moses or sing the song
          which is known only to God and the singers (Rev.)

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 24 queries.