bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Chosen  (Read 18583 times)

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Chosen
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2008, 01:21:26 AM »

Interesting point Kirk,

Care to expand on that idea a little bit more for Ricky.

It seems that Ricky wants the top job or no participation at all.
Showing no confidence in God's desire for his life.
While we know that God loves all of His children.
How can we help him to understand more clearly?

Bob

Pini56

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2008, 07:33:45 AM »

Hope This Helps,

Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Philippians 2:12-13.

With Love Geoff.

Ricky

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2008, 10:30:59 AM »

Bob, Ricky does not want any top job, he just wants to get in the door and be happy with that.
Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.

jennie

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2008, 01:36:17 PM »

My heart goes out to you. We just have to keep "running the race" and God has all the details of who, what where, when and why... ya know? I have been struggling mightily myself and have to remind myself( please allow this attempt at quoting scripture in my own way!) we battle not against flesh and blood but bigger fish than that! Sometimes we do battle our flesh and blood because God wants us to be at peace inside but this old human side of us just fights us every step of the way! Hope somehow this may help a little. Much love....Jennie

aqrinc

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2008, 02:09:48 PM »

Hi Ricky,

The number to choose from is quite a bit more than 6 billion, more like All who have been born and exposed to
the Truth since Jesus Christ said: (IT IS FINISHED). When i take enough time to reflect; It is a Strange Work
that GOD Through our Lord And Saviour Jesus Christ is doing Today.

Today in particular there is a mountain i am facing and just want the courage to not turn and run in fear.
Rather than worry about being one of the chosen, i just want Peace wirh GOD and a place to lay my head.

george.

Hello everyone, It appears that if you are not chosen, God, the bible, and this web site will be of no use to anyone that God has not already chosen. This web site appears to be for the chosen only, and if that is so I do not belong here, because I do not believe that I am one of the chosen, impossible, with 6 billion people in this world there is no chance I am one of the few. So why do I believe what Ray teaches and keep coming back here every day. If I believe that I am not one of the chosen, then it does not matter how I live my life, because I can do nothing about the outcome of my death, and where I will end up. God has already taken care of that. One thing I have never done in life, is go after something I cannot have or get, it`s a waste of time. God would not pick someone like me, for this highest calling. I can almost see God moving Satan back into my life for the kill. Sure hope I am wrong. It seems like life was created for the chosen only and everyone else, life is just dust in the wind.
   Bless you all,  and maybe good luck Ricky.  :'(

hammerandnails

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2008, 02:55:13 PM »

Dear Ricky,

I greatly admire your honesty!
At least you are being honest and you are not the least trying to pretend who you are not.
That is priceless! ;D
At least you are not deceived:           "For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing,
                                                     he deceives himself." Gal.6:3

I don't know your backround, but I can tell you this, (which I believe it reflects also the beliefs of some other people who posted)

If you are low, if you are miserable, if you are broken and in darkness, if you had build some sand castles,
if you don't know what to believe, if you are a thief, a liar, a deceiver, if you came to the end of yourself, if you are rejected by the world system, if you are afflicted, if you are confused, if you blaspheme,
and you question God's integrity and His will, and on and on.....my dear Ricky, YOU ARE IN THE QUALIFICATION LIST!!!!

Furthermore, Ricky, if and when God desires to drag you to Him, and choose you (relax about that!!) I can tell you
in the presence of my Lord Jesus Christ whom I serve, and adore, and knows the condition of my heart,
if that should happen, YOU WILL KNOW BEYOND ANY SHADOW OF DOUBT THAT YOU ARE,
and you WILL KNOW THE IF ANOTHER MAN IS CHOSEN OR NOT, BECAUSE YOU WILL SPEAK THE SAME LANGUAGE!!! ;D ;D
Is like being in a foreign country where everybody speak gibberish, and from the distance, you hear someone
speaking English. You will run towards that person!!!! Nobody around will be able to understand it but you!!! :o

I believe that we are tested every moment, we are placed in circumstances where the Lord will see
and judge our response to those circumstances.
Live like you want to pass the test!!!
I too wanted to be a general, when I was but a soldier.
Is nothing wrong with a soldier!!!! ;) ;)
I rather be a darn good soldier, than a real bad general!!

Shalom
Ariel

mharrell08

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2008, 03:12:12 PM »

Hello Ricky,

You have received some wonderful advice from the many members who have responded which I hope helps you find the answer you seek.

I want to make one point though. The only reason being one of the elect seems like such a humongous task is because we, all of us, look at it from our prospective instead of God's. When we think about 'calling upon the name of the Lord', 'our righteousness far exceeding the Pharisees', 'abiding in him', and etc. it seems very daunting. No one can do all these many things themselves. But, is anything too hard for God?

From the Lord's prospective, it is rather easy to bring one into the kingdom of God. Look how fast Saul, being the chief sinner of all time, was converted and his will was made to follow the will of the Father. The more we realize it is Christ IN US, doing good, than we see that with God, all things are possible including being chosen and faithful. Our hope is not based on whether or not 'we' can do anything, but rather Him that is in us.

1 Cor. 15:10  But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

1 Cor 4:7  For who makes you different from anyone else? What do you have that you did not receive? And if you did receive it, why do you boast as though you did not?

Eph 1:4  According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Eph 2:10  For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Everyday I pray that my focus stays on Him working through me instead of me working to please him. I used to pray and hope for the latter and be very disappointed in myself when falling short. Now I grow stronger as my focus stays on him as it is not I who is growing stronger, but the spirit IN me. Christ says he could raise up stones to do his work [Matt. 3:9]...surely he can do the same with little ol' me.  :D

Our confidence in hoping to be one of the elect and in the kingdom of God lies not with ourselves, but with Him. If I were to think of myself trying to meet this high calling, I would be distraught as well. But when we look to Christ, who makes us complete IN HIM, we can trust that, God willing, we will see him as he is on the last day.

It is not a sense of pride or haughtiness when we recognize that through Christ we can be in the 1st resurrection; it is a symbol of faith and hope that God will keep the promises that He makes all throughout the scriptures. Let your confidence and assurance be on Christ rather than yourself and be not swayed with your personal shortcomings...For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God...[Rom 3:23].

Hope this helps,

Marques

Ricky

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2008, 06:25:28 PM »

Hey, I can hear you all speaking words of truth and great wisdom, thankyou. You all have something that that I would like to have to. It appears that God is holding it back from me right now for what ever reasons He has, but maybe it is not for me, and I am just suppose to be the puppy around here barking at you all coz I could be jealous and just a big crybaby and you guys get good pratice at being the elect before you all even get there. Is there 1 person out there that can honestly say, Yes I am know I am chosen? Or are you just hoping for the best, while I prepare for the worst, that way it wont hurt so much. Thankyou all for your kind words of wisdom, you all have helped.         Ricky
Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.

mharrell08

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2008, 06:58:00 PM »

Is there 1 person out there that can honestly say, Yes I am know I am chosen?

No

2 Tim 2:19  Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his...

Rom 8:29-30  For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Or are you just hoping for the best, while I prepare for the worst, that way it wont hurt so much.

Romans 8
19  For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God

20  For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

21  Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

22  For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

23  And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

Being delivered from the bondage of corruption is now the worst? In that case, what in the world is the best?

Where is your faith? Is anything too hard for God? As we both know the answer is an emphatic 'NO', why do you doubt that the Lord can mold you into His very image? I understand the humility to speak of 'not knowing' if we are to be chosen and faithful, but why do you continue to imply that it is impossible for someone like you?

You are still looking within yourself for this glorious accomplishment. It takes Christ IN YOU for one to be chosen and faithful. When you continue to cast doubt, you are not casting doubt on yourself. Rather, it is Christ himself which you cast doubt on. Whether through ignorance or not, that is the message you are stating. Put your trust and confidence in the Lord...what do you have to lose?

Marques

Kat

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2008, 07:57:43 PM »

Hi Ricky,

You can only know you are in the race, but the thing is you must finish the race to be in the first resurrection.  As much as I love this truth and being with the believers here, I do realize that God could quite easily bring about circumstances that would take me away from it all.  That would only mean that I was never one of the Elect.  But I will continue "with fear and trembling," hopefully until the end, as I know God could complete this work in me as well as anybody. 
Here is a excerpt from Ray's Bible study 'Free Will is anOxymoron.'

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,5154.0.html -------

If God is determined that you and I will obey Him from here on out, guess what?  There’s no other alternative.  We will do it!  But the only thing is, He doesn’t tell us for sure that we are one.  Christ knows those that are His (John 10:14).  We don't.  Philippians 2:13, God will do it, He works in you to will and to do.  But then verse 12, with fear and trembling.  Why?  We don't know for sure we are one. 
Paul said less I become a castaway (1 Cor 9: 27).  But you say, ’how could Paul become a castaway?’  He said it could happen.  He said I don't take it for granted, it could happen you know, unless I be a castaway, so I'm going to endure to the END. 
Isn't that what Christ said, he who endures to the end (Matt 24:13), all the way to the end.  The runner who stumbles and falls 2 feet before the finish line, does not win the race.
----------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

AK4

« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2008, 09:54:20 PM »

I agree that no one knows for sure sure, but here is a test, are your written in the Lambs Book of Life?  I cant remember where Ray said this but the Book of Life is about us also,

Php 4:3 - Show Context
Indeed, true companion, I ask you also to help these women who have shared my struggle in the cause of the gospel, together with Clement also and the rest of my fellow workers, whose names are in the book of life.

2Co 10:7 - You are looking at things as they are outwardly. If anyone is confident in himself that he is Christ's, let him consider this again within himself, that just as he is Christ's, so also are we.

Ps56:8 - You have  taken account of my wanderings; Put my tears in Your bottle. Are {they} not in Your book?

This may just be me, but as you read the Word do you see your life in it also?  You may not now, but dont get discouraged because as God starts giving you eyes to see you will start seeing your life in the Book of Life which is Jesus.

Ray emphasises that the Book of Revelations is happening to those God is calling and choosing so if you can see yourself in the Word then you may be on your way to being part of the chosen

Re 3:5 - `He who overcomes will thus be clothed in white garments; and I will not erase his name from the book of life, and I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.

We are told by Paul to confident and bold that we are, but we are also told not to be haughty about our calling--so i guess i will say i am confident that i am chosen but in no way shape or form will i be haughty about it.  I will stay humble but confident.  Whenever i dont try to stay confident this verse almost always "pops" in my head

Lu 18:8 - "I tell you that He will bring about justice for them quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on the earth?"

Hope this helps

Anthony
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 12:15:51 AM by AK4 »

hammerandnails

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2008, 12:11:08 AM »

Hello Ricky and everybody,

To answer your question: Does anybody know that you are chosen?

I speak for myself, the answer is Yes!!!

I know that I am chosen, beyond any shadow of a doubt!

I knew that I was chosen before I stumbled upon BT, Ray's studies was only a confirmation for me.

I know that people say I am crazy, but I know, and He knows too!!
I can prove it too! But even if I would attempt to prove it, they would still not believe it, so what's the point?
I don't have to prove anything to anybody.
Christ knows the ones are His! And if He knows, and I know, that's all it matters.

"Behold you among the heathen, and regard, and wonder marvelously:
              for I will work a work in your days, WHICH YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE, THOUGH
              IT BE TOLD TO YOU." Hab.1:5

So, to say that no one knows, is foolishness.
You know when your flesh is whipped until you have no more breath in you, WHEN YOU BEG ON YOUR KNEES TO GIVE YOU JUST A LITTLE BREAK, A MOMENT OF PEACE.
You know when you are prosecuted, spit upon, lose everything including the last once of dignity you have,
You know when you cannot sleep at night, and He wakes you every three hours to pray and to read the word,
you know when you been through the dark night of the soul, when it feels that you are loosing your mind,
you know when Job is your best friend, and your senses are gone and you have nothing to stand on. YOU WILL KNOW!!!
I know because I am going through it NOW!

But my Lord and my God, who will believe our report?? :'( :'(

May God have mercy on us all!!
Ariel

Marlene

« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2008, 12:46:42 AM »

I know, I am not worthy. After, I found Ray's truths I realized I had been lied to in Babylon's churches. I had fallen into a sin right before coming in here. God delivered me from it before finding Ray's website. Well, I just could not get it in my head God could forgive me. So, I began to think about Hell Teachings. My life had been full of many of trials even in Babylons Churches. The thoughts of Hell were about to drive me crazy. One night I cried and cried for truths. I wished I were dead. Thinking I was a lost cause was so hard on me. I had all kinds of health problems, family problems. Money, problems you name it. I said,"I beg you god to show me truths. I just felt deep inside something was not right. Well, he led me to Ray's website. So, many things were answered. God had not given up on me. He showed me it was all him who delivered me from my sin.  The Beast is still falling. It rises and God shows me it. I know I am in the race. I can't get that out of my head. I have not been able to sleep much for two weeks now. I am confident in him. He keeps me close. I think now I had to do  that great sin in order for him to show me his truths. All, I know seeing his truths I want to give in faster when I see the beast. I never want to  be counted out. He is teaching me how to turn from sin faster and it is not easy, but he is enabling me. I know it is all him. I have zeal to run the race. Does this sound strange. There is nothing wrong with being in the second. I don't care about being first. When we are prideful, we what to make ourself first. I have no pride in my actions now. I hate every sin I had and every sin that shows itself as the beast. Well, I am confident he can take it all out and it does depend on him. I know God has put me in this race. Now, maybe something could shake me . But, I am confident in him now and not of myself.

In His Love,
Marlene

Ricky

« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2008, 01:35:42 AM »

Hey, hey beauty, I knew it, thats one chosen, any more? only 143,999 to go.
        Bless you all for the calling            Ricky

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2008, 10:31:09 AM »

Hello Ricky and everybody,

To answer your question: Does anybody know that you are chosen?

I speak for myself, the answer is Yes!!!

I know that I am chosen, beyond any shadow of a doubt!

I knew that I was chosen before I stumbled upon BT, Ray's studies was only a confirmation for me.

I know that people say I am crazy, but I know, and He knows too!!
I can prove it too! But even if I would attempt to prove it, they would still not believe it, so what's the point?
I don't have to prove anything to anybody.
Christ knows the ones are His! And if He knows, and I know, that's all it matters.

"Behold you among the heathen, and regard, and wonder marvelously:
              for I will work a work in your days, WHICH YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE, THOUGH
              IT BE TOLD TO YOU." Hab.1:5

So, to say that no one knows, is foolishness.
You know when your flesh is whipped until you have no more breath in you, WHEN YOU BEG ON YOUR KNEES TO GIVE YOU JUST A LITTLE BREAK, A MOMENT OF PEACE.
You know when you are prosecuted, spit upon, lose everything including the last once of dignity you have,
You know when you cannot sleep at night, and He wakes you every three hours to pray and to read the word,
you know when you been through the dark night of the soul, when it feels that you are loosing your mind,
you know when Job is your best friend, and your senses are gone and you have nothing to stand on. YOU WILL KNOW!!!
I know because I am going through it NOW!

But my Lord and my God, who will believe our report?? :'( :'(

May God have mercy on us all!!
Ariel

Ariel,

I have not other words for that post other than "HogWash"  You are only using your "feelings" no scriptural backing at all.  If Ray confirmed these feelings as you say then I would say read Ray's teachings again and again.  I'm reminded of something a church member stated in a bible study I was part of years ago.  She said "I know I'm saved, because when I accepted Christ a warm fuzzy feeling went throughout my body"  My reply was "a cool night and a bottle of Peach Schnapps will do the same also"  needless to say that didn't fly too high. 

Trusting our carnal feelings would the worst advice to give anyone, it is likely what gets us into our messes and whippings to begin with.

Craig

hammerandnails

« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2008, 02:07:32 PM »

Dear Craig,
Thank you for your post.
Your very words confirmed what I said in my last post, that the scripture might be fulfilled.
But as usual, I must rely in the H.S. to sustain me with scripture:
                 "For consider Him that endured such contradiction of sinners against Himself, lest
                  you be wearied and faint in your minds." Heb.12:3

Everything that was, also is and will be.

"......if they persecuted Me,[was] they will also persecute you[now is]........." John15:20
                 "They shall put you out of the synagogues: YEA,THE TIME COMES [and now is]
                  that whosoever kills you will think that he[and now is] DOES GOD SERVICE." John:16:2

"And as soon as it was day, the ELDERS OF THE PEOPLE and the CHIEF PRIESTS
                  AND THE SCRIBES came together, and led Him into THEIR COUNCIL.." Luke22:66

"And they begun to ACCUSE HIM [and now is] saying: We found this fellow PERVERTING
                  THE NATION [and now is]..................SAYING THAT HE HIMSELF IS[chosen] CHRIST A KING [and now is]."

And can go on and on but I won't.

I can list scripture with dates and times [and I already did in part in my testimony posted here],
but I seek not my glory but glory and honor to the King of Kings.
I also said in one of my post, that the day will come when you yourselves will throw me out from
among you. I can only say one thing, MAY THE WILL OF MY GOD BE DONE!!

There is a little thing to me that I should be judged by you. I care not. I know in Whom I believe and He is able
to keep me, and my life that I give to Him unto my death.

But I tell you this, If you judge [which I know you will] judge this:
-I either belong in an asylum and I am Koo KOO,
-or I am telling you the truth!! If that is the case, than all your learning is in vain. Is not enough to know the scripture,
you must live it, walk in His steps. And since I do, this thing too must come to pass.
And since you strongly believe that nothing happen apart from His will, then believe me, dear brother Craig.
that this very post is His will, and you just stumbled upon a true chosen.

Nothing that is covered, that it shall not be revealed.
If your judgement is true, it shall stand, if not it shall fail.
But the Lord knows who are His. You have no fear of God, for you speak liberally against a sister that you
had received into your forum by your own questioning. If you have not the fear to speak to me and judge me with man judgement,
you have no wisdom either, for the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.

If you did not believe me as follower of Christ, or at least give me the benefit of the doubt,
how you will believe me if I give you scripture??
And why is your anger mounting ??
You profess that you believe in a thing, and when one comes and tells you that she believes in the same
thing, and it is like the one that you profess you believe, you deny it!!
You have a form of godliness but denying the power thereof.
If Christ came to me in power, and I am converted and die daily, you don't believe me.
You profess that you believe Paul, but when I say that I bear on my body the suffering of the Lord Jesus Christ, you believe me not!
You profess that you believe the scripture, but when I am telling you that I am made like the scum of the earth,
rejected of men and of the world, I suffer persecution, spit on and buffeted, you believe me not!!
You profess that you believe in the lake of fire as the good and right judgement of God, but when I am telling you that I am
going through this very judgement right now, you believe me not!

But who will believe our report Lord Jesus??
God bless you!!
Ariel.

Ricky

« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2008, 02:44:24 PM »

Thankyou Ariel, I may not be the smartest person around anywhere, if I needed someone to pray for me, you would get that call, and I am calling. Please pray for me. Your words to Craig`s reply speak for themselves.
             Ricky

hammerandnails

« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2008, 02:51:34 PM »

Dear Ricky,
I received your call, and as I stand in the presence of my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ,
I am pleading for you, and fervently praying!!

May the King of Kings be my witness,
and His will be done in your life and mine!!

Living for Him only!
Ariel

hillsbororiver

« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2008, 03:07:00 PM »

Thankyou Ariel, I may not be the smartest person around anywhere, if I needed someone to pray for me, you would get that call, and I am calling. Please pray for me. Your words to Craig`s reply speak for themselves.
             Ricky

Hi Ricky,

Maybe you should contemplate the following before pleading with another human being to take your case to God;

Rom 8:26  Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

Rom 8:27  And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Hi Ariel,

There was a time not all that long ago I gloried in the belief I was one of the chosen, now my only glory is in the saving grace of God and our Lord, I am thankful that whether I am in the 1st or 2nd resurrection His plan for me is to one day be counted as a Son of God!

Mat 23:12  And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

1Pe 5:5  Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud and giveth grace to the humble.

1Pe 5:6  Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:

Peace,

Joe

Richard D

« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2008, 03:12:42 PM »

Ariel.

Hello sister and friend, I have read your response on post # 33. What a beautiful testimony you have given sister, praise the Lord and all the work He is doing in your life.

I understand what you are saying for God does know those whom he has called and we may know it also but only as long as we remain in Him Christ Jesus.

Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

I also had to come to terms with this reasoning too. It may well be your brother Richard could be along with you apart of the elect but only if we hold out until the end.

We must Finnish our race first and then the resurrection we will know for sure if we were apart of the elect or not.

Rom 8:11  But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Ariel, I believe as you do concerning these things too  but  only if I continue in my faith which Jesus has given me but I still am not one hundred percent sure of my election sister because I don’t know if I will hold out until the end.

So like the rest of God’s creatures I must wait and see.

Rom 8:19  For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

It’s my hope sister that you receive what I’ am saying with the love I am saying  this with. God Bless you sister.

In God’s Love, your friend and brother Richard.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 23 queries.