bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: interesting  (Read 4038 times)

eutychus

interesting
« on: May 24, 2006, 03:53:23 PM »

THE EPISTLE OF IGNATIUS TO THE MAGNESIANS

[A.D. 30-107.]

CHAPTER 9

LET US LIVE WITH CHRIST

If, then, those who were conversant with the ancient Scriptures came to newness of hope, expecting the coming of Christ, as the Lord teaches us when He says, “If ye had believed Moses, ye would have believed Me, for he wrote of Me;� and again, “Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it, and was glad; for before Abraham was, I am;� how shall we be able to live without Him? The prophets were His servants, and foresaw Him by the Spirit, and waited for Him as their Teacher, and expected Him as their Lord and Savior, saying, “He will come and save us.� Let us therefore no longer keep the Sabbath after the Jewish manner, and rejoic e in days of idleness; for “he that does not work, let him not eat.� For say the [holy] oracles, “In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat thy bread.� But let every one of you keep the Sabbath after a spiritual manner, rejoicing in meditation on the law, not in relaxation of the body, admiring the workmanship of God, and not eating things prepared the day before, nor using lukewarm drinks, and walking within a prescribed space, nor finding delight in dancing and plaudits which have no sense in them. And after the observance of the Sabbath, let every friend of Christ keep the Lord’s Day as a festival, the resurrection-day, the queen and chief of all the days [of the week]. Looking f o rward to this, the prophet declared, “To the end, for the eighth day,� on which our life both sprang up again, and the victory over death was obtained in Christ, whom the children of perdition, the enemies of the Savior, deny, “whose God is their belly, who mind earthly things,� who are “lovers of pleasure, and not lovers of God, having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof.� These make merchandise of Christ, corrupting His word, and giving up Jesus to sale: they are corrupters of women, and covetous of other men’s possessions, swallowing up wealth insatiably; from whom may ye be delivered by the mercy of God through our Lord Jesus Christ!

This was written well before the Council of Nicea 312 and long before the establishment of the RCC.

Mickyd

interesting
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 11:30:14 PM »

THE EPISTLE OF IGNATIUS TO THE MAGNESIANS

Hmmm....I've not heard of this work....where did you find this?

Steve Crook

interesting
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 12:11:25 AM »

I love the confirmation that Christ IS, WAS, and WILL BE. Knowing the TRUTH is never going to change, makes trying to see Christ's face all the more a magnificent journey for us to be on. It might be hard, but what else do we have to do except, "vanity of vanities". "I choose" to try and see His face :)

God Bless
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 16 queries.