bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A different perspective on trials.  (Read 6557 times)

Richard D

A different perspective on trials.
« on: October 23, 2008, 08:31:26 AM »

I read in L.O.F. that God is making us in His image and this is awesome news to hear but then I had read that God is reproducing Himself. Then I was thinking one day all of us are going to be in the express image of the creator.

As I started to think in this way it changed my perspective of life in a profound way. Just think about it, God is reproducing Himself in us. As I think of the pain and sorrow and frustrations in my life I see them as a stepping stone to being made in the very image of God the creator.

What trial is in our life today that is not worth being made into the very image of God? I can only be thankful in all things God brings into my life.

Whatever we are going through is specifically and specially design by God for each and every one of us.

God has custom design each and every day of our lives to bring this all about.

Praise be to God with all honor and glory without end Amen. :)

In God’s love. Richard.

jennie

Re: A different perspective on trials.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 09:27:40 AM »

It is true that the trials that are so hard when we are in the fire, have a good side in that they "burn off" a lot of things we don't need in it.

Longhorn

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 11:24:23 AM »

God is going to have to put a "Do not Disturb" sign on the door to the LOF. because Im going to be in there for quite a while.

Love in Christ

Longhorn

Richard D

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 02:50:08 PM »

Jennie.

After I had read this in the L.O.F. I remembered what Paul the apostle had said about what we suffer now is noting to be compared with the glory we shall be clothed with.

Our sufferings are not in vain by any stretch of the imagination. I don’t say our sufferings are easy but I do say it’s wonderful to keep what this is all about in the front of ones mind.

I also find this allows me to have and intimate relationship with Jesus. No one wants to suffer because of our nature but without suffering nothing is gained, we remain the same.

It helps to remember our day is design by God. Nothing happens to us with out His knowing about it and nothing happens without His custom design all day every day.

In God’s love. Richard.

Longhorn.

I agree with you on that my brother, I will be spending as much time as I can also in the L.O.F. series as possible.

We shall learn in God’s speed.

In God’s love. Richard.

Ninny

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 03:51:22 PM »

Longhorn,
You are always too hard on yourself! By your own admission you have been through a lot in your life and if our trials in this life are God "trying us by fire" how can you think you will be in the LOF a long time? You are in it now, my friend, learn the lessons God is teaching you! Let your trials in the present life perfect you! I pray that I will be more like him as I go through trials now. I really want to see you be perfected you sound like an interesting guy with lots to offer others along the way. So Lighten up on yourself dude!  ;)
Kathy  :)

Richard D

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 08:59:53 AM »

Acomplishedart is not me

God shows all of us the wickedness of our ways and starts the healing process. Sometimes we do thing out of ignorance and sometimes we don’t because of our weakness.

When God shows me or brings to my attention I’ am wrong in something I feel guilty but God never intended for me to live in guilt. God has shown me that guilt is a tool within us that alerts us that something is wrong.

Once we know something is wrong then God starts to work with us in that area. There will always be another area in our lives God will need to work with.

Now without God I may know something is wrong but with God I want to see these things come out of me that are not right,

I’m trusting in Jesus who has started a good work in me will also finished that which He has started because Jesus is the author of our faith and not us.

God bless you my brother. In God’s love. Richard.

jennie

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2008, 10:25:20 AM »

Ya'll lnow I'm from the south where we cherish our "line" from which we came. My great grandmother died of t/b/ when my Granny was 8.On her marker it says, " I have fought the good fight . I have finished the course, I have kept the faith. My great grand daddy went years later and his stone says, I too, have kept the faith. He lived through the depression, raised his 5 kids alone, took no hand-outs and taught his kids the way. We are all on our own course/ O try to keep the faith everyday although I do fail at times when things overwhelm me. God knows my heart, knows I try and loves me anyway!

aqrinc

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 12:56:35 PM »

With man it is impossible; with God All Things Are Possible.

Leviticus 8:34:
What has been done this day, has been ordered by the Lord to take away your sin.

Deuteronomy 5:33:
Go on walking in the way ordered for you by the Lord your God, so that life may be yours and it may
be well for you, and your days may be long in the land of your heritage.

Psalms 37:23:
The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, and he takes delight in his way.

George.

Richard D

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2008, 03:27:59 PM »

George.

With man it is impossible; with God All Things Are Possible.

How true it is George. I put no faith or trust in my ability but rather in Christ who can do all things.

In God’s love. Richard.

Marlene

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2008, 01:20:03 AM »

George, I love that verse. All things are possible with God. I just have to remind myself when I fill a total failure.  There were somethings that I believed that were true, before coming here. I always thought something was wrong with the tithe. As, a child I believed he was the Savior of the World. But, going to Babylon's Church destroyed all that. I do know, that it is possible for all of us to be the Elect if he chooses. But, we definitely will have trials. That ole Beast likes to take its seat. But, I love the fact that even if not the Elect, he is not finished till he perfects us. I have the desire to stay in the race. I know that desire comes from him. Now, I just have to trust he can bring me or anyone of us through the race. Before, knowing the truth I just though it was not possible. Now, I do see it is possible with God.

In His Love,
Marlene

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2008, 02:26:30 AM »

today a realize about very bad things that i was doing on my past ignorantly, lately i have been seeing too much evil around me and inside me.   It's like mix of a lot of hope and sometimes sadness.                     
So are God's project or masterpiece... ?     the second sounds better, but... there is not much difference  on between.

moises,
according to ephesians 2:10, "for we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them." (king james version). and in another translation from the amplified bible it reads "for we are God's [own] handiwork (His workmanship), recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time] that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live]. so, to answer the question at the end of your post, "are we God's project or masterpiece?" eph. 2:10 is saying we are His workmanship (His handiwork) and that would be a resounding "masterpiece". of course we are continually being made into the image of Him via Christ in us through Christ's spirit, BUT we are God's very own masterpiece. how beautiful is that statement?!!!!!! if you read all of chp. 2 in ephesians you will be uplifted. i know that in new york city you see quite a bit of evilness every day and i can imagine it can be difficult to "stay the course". but remember moises, you are in nyc by God's own design and He is showing you things He wants you to see. we love you as our baby brother and i pray God will lift you up and remind you that He loves you and has loved you since before you were ever born.

stay strong and pray without ceasing.
love in Him,
claudia

aqrinc

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2008, 03:06:59 AM »

moises,

If you see no evil in youself, that may be because it is well hidden inside. The fact you can see the evil
and do not like it is a Testament to Jesus Christ working in you to show you the hiding places. This
Entire World is Today full of many evil things but as you now know;

Romans 8:28: And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who
are the called according to his purpose.

George.

today a realize about very bad things that i was doing on my past ignorantly, lately i have been seeing too much evil around me and inside me.   It's like mix of a lot of hope and sometimes sadness.                     
So are God's project or masterpiece... ?     the second sounds better, but... there is not much difference  on between.

aqrinc

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2008, 03:20:13 AM »

Marlene,

We are all in this race to the end; if we hold fast to the Word Jesus Christ. This may seem hard to us but
really it is easy for Him for He Has All Power In The Earth And In Heaven To Do This Very Thing. His Grace
Through His Faith is our Rock and Salvation, hold fast Sister He is Carrying Us Through.

Love and Glory and Honor and Might To Our Saviour and Lord Jesus Christ.

George.

Marlene

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2008, 04:07:51 AM »

George, You know sometimes when I would sin and I would see it, it seemed so painful to me. I did not realize at the time when I did not know the whole truth that God was using my guilt of my sin as a way to make me dependent on him. I felt it was a curse and I was lost. I thought maybe I had willfully sin and he quit covering my sins. But, when I found out truth he gave me a large dose. Not, only was I trying to do it without him, but I thought he was going to send me to Hell. Then I found Rays sight and I realized he was preparing me for truth. I had fail in to a sin that I was having trouble forgiving someone who hurt me it was the same sin he fail into. Before, I knew the truth. He gave me victory over it before he showed me the truth. But, I still could not feel forgiven.

After, reading Rays website. I now believe he chose to reveal himself to me.
He showed me something that shocked me. I did not even know him to begin with. He is Love. There is no Hell.  He showed me I was trying to do it myself. Now, I know he gave me the victory over that sin. I had to feel not forgiven in order for him to lead me to truth. All, I can say now is I had sins I didnt even know that were worse then the one I did. My thoughts of his Character being the worse. My letting man tell me what scriptures mean. With all of this he helped me to Love like him. He helped me to forgive. He showed me I am dependebt on him. Lord, all I can say he took this babe in christ and gave me more victory in
my life time. He is teaching me patience and that he is patient. I just want to cry every time I think what knowing the truth has done for me in such a short time.
I have loved him for years, but I didn't know it was not real. He took the blinders off of me. All, I can say the fall was painful, now I am glad it happened.
I will pray always for his will and not mine. I know who does it. I love everyone on here with all my heart. I had tried for a long time to forgive people who hurt me. I guess I had to hurt him to see what I was doing. I don't want to ever turn from the truth. I don't believe he took me through this for nothing, but I am in the race and with him doing it it has to be successful. No matter what , even if I am not chosen the race is still worth it. Cause the Prize is all Christ.

In His Love,
Marlene
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.