bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Quiet Place  (Read 7294 times)

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
My Quiet Place
« on: October 24, 2008, 03:01:11 AM »

I miss my quiet place, the place I retreated to when I felt sad, angry, lonely or just wanted to be alone.
There was a lake back in my home town where I would just sit and watch the waves for hours even till the sun went down.
I miss that place.
Theres no place like that here.
I walk around and there is no peace
I drive around and there is no peace, wish I could fly
I miss my quiet place.

Antaiwan

"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

Rene

• Administrator
Re: My Quiet Place
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 07:58:53 AM »

Hi Antaiwan,

I understand what you are saying.  I have felt that way before, however, I have come to appreciate that the only "true peace" comes from within

We will find ourselves, many times, in a place (both physically and spiritually) that lacks a sense of peace.  That is why it is vital that we strive to become as close to Christ as possible (through prayer, meditation, and study) in order to endure until the end.

Love ya, and keep the faith! :)

René

OBrenda

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 09:15:01 AM »

Hi Antaiwan,

Yes there is something about nature that helps our connection with God.
I suspect it's because we are not seeing as many man-made things around to distract us!
I had a place also from my childhood where I would go, it was a river behind my house.
What is it about water?  Cleansing....Baptism....?

I feel more alive when I'm around living things. Ever notice how as people get older they develop this passion for planting flowers & such?  I has happened with me...Wow..! (Our Pets and Animals also help) 

Our Goal is what Rene' suggested, to find it within.  If you can't find a peaceful place, I've even parked my car somewhere turned on the music, closed my eyes, and experienced my quiet Place.

I will pray for your Peace,
Brenda

joyful1

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 07:16:23 PM »

Antaiwan--
I too am far away from the places of my youth that brought comfort and peace to me when I would sit and listen to God......it is difficult to make transistions...we don't like change sometimes. I have found new places, like the one in my avatar....its not the same place, but over time, I've found peace there. The peace came with me, I just needed to adapt to the new surroundings to enjoy it.

One thought: He changes not. The same Comforter that came to you by the lake is there with you today, and perhaps sometime you could look up and think about the moon and stars and the sun, which He made....they are the same ones that were there with you by the lake as well.
Peace to you, brother.
Joyce :)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 07:18:37 PM by joyful1 »

cjwood

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 02:45:36 AM »

I miss my quiet place, the place I retreated to when I felt sad, angry, lonely or just wanted to be alone.
There was a lake back in my home town where I would just sit and watch the waves for hours even till the sun went down.
I miss that place.
I miss my quiet place.

Antaiwan

antaiwan,
go fellowship with marques as often as you can. i believe you live very close to each other. marques is not the quiet lake you went to back home, but he has within him (as you do also) the rivers of Living water. you can both be an uplifting wave for each other.

love you,
claudia

mharrell08

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 07:05:24 PM »

Friday Lunch!!!  ;D

There's nothing like our Friday lunch right?

Nothing like how the moment we start talking about scripture, Satan sends a million waitresses to ask 'Do you need anything?'

Nothing like having your patience put to the test as a restaurant employee tells her life story in the MIDDLE OF OUR conversation, right?

Nothing like hearing Marques complain and moan about dealing with the flesh and continue to tempt the Lord saying, "Man, come on back Lord! Hurry up!"

Nothing beats Friday lunch...  ;D

Marques

Ninny

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2008, 08:23:43 PM »

This may not strike a chord with everyone, but for me this is my quiet place. I try to imagine myself tucked in close to God in times of pain and even when I'm just rushed and harried, it's like taking a little vacation, closing my eyes and feeling God's presence. Anyway this is mine.
Kathy :)

Near to the Heart of God

There is a place of quiet rest,
Near to the heart of God,
A place where sin cannot molest,
Near to the heart of God.

Chorus:

O Jesus, blest Redeemer,
Sent from the heart of God,
Hold us who wait before Thee

There is a place of comfort sweet,
Near to the heart of God,
A place where we our Saviour meet,

####

There is a place of full release
Near to the heart of God
A place where all is joy and peace

Akira329

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2008, 08:50:24 PM »

I miss that place.
I miss my quiet place.

Antaiwan

antaiwan,
go fellowship with marques as often as you can. i believe you live very close to each other. marques is not the quiet lake you went to back home, but he has within him (as you do also) the rivers of Living water. you can both be an uplifting wave for each other.

love you,
claudia

Thank You Claudia!! :)
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

Akira329

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2008, 08:59:03 PM »

Friday Lunch!!!  ;D

There's nothing like our Friday lunch right?

Nothing like how the moment we start talking about scripture, Satan sends a million waitresses to ask 'Do you need anything?'

Nothing like having your patience put to the test as a restaurant employee tells her life story in the MIDDLE OF OUR conversation, right?

Nothing like hearing Marques complain and moan about dealing with the flesh and continue to tempt the Lord saying, "Man, come on back Lord! Hurry up!"

Nothing beats Friday lunch...  ;D

Marques

The best part of my week!! I have a greater reason to look forward to Friday's, because of Friday Lunch!!
Nothing like distractions all around you, taking your focus from the conversation!! and if I know my man he knows whats distracting the most! Lord Help!
Nothing like hearing Antaiwan moan and complain about an ex girlfriend
Nothing like hearing Antaiwan say, "I want to give it all up"
Nothing like hearing Marques talk about scripture! Never thought I would meet someone who loves scripture more than me!
I love Friday Lunch!! ;D

Thanks Marques :)
Your bro
Antaiwan
-Albert Einstein
- Jesus

joyful1

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2008, 05:44:50 AM »

??? I think I missed something ... what do you mean, Antaiwan?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 05:47:48 AM by joyful1 »

Heidi

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2008, 08:48:43 AM »

What is it about water?  Cleansing....Baptism....?

My quiet place is by the sea.....I love going to the beach, the sound of the waves crashing.....the sand between my toes.....the power, vastness and smell.  I really connect with God on my visits to the beach.  I love getting a bit of wind in the old sails and clearing the cobwebs.

It is important to have that quiet place......I agree with Rene with finding it from within.

Akira329

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2008, 10:00:01 AM »

??? I think I missed something ... what do you mean, Antaiwan?

Hey Joyce,
Every Friday me and Marques have lunch
-Albert Einstein
- Jesus

joyful1

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2008, 10:08:16 PM »

:D whew!! I was worried! I thought, in a round about way, you were saying that I was interupting your "lunch" or feast on the word....ahahah!! things sure can be taken the wrong way sometimes in texting!
great that you can have a friend that understands nearby!
have a good one this week, you guys!
Joyce :)

Matt

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2008, 04:04:27 PM »

Hey Antaiwan,
  I understand how you feel.  It is sobering once the reality of "nothing stays the same" enters our lives.
Having moved innumerable times in the military, I have had many a night dwelling in the "good ole days".
An aroma that triggers a fond memory, a familiar song that reminds us of better days, I think we all can identify with this.
  Realize that those times are past, and there are people and places right in front of you that are just waiting to be recognized as the next set of joyful memories. 

Seize the moment!
Matt

Vangie

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2008, 10:32:59 PM »

Kathy,
Your quiet place is very touching.  Thank you for sharing--it struck a beautiful chord for me.

I'm enjoying getting to know everyone a little better in these personal threads.  Thanks Antaiwan for being so open and honest and for just being yourself with us.

Love in Christ,
Vangie

frecklegirl417

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2008, 01:43:51 AM »

to everyone;

My quiet place can be found in many places, depends on what book I am reading. My most favorite quiet place would be sitting next to the many rivers here in Pa and NJ and do nothing but fish. Even if i don't catch anything I enjoy the quiet and the feeling that nothing can interfere with my conversations with God.

Akira329

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2008, 06:37:57 AM »

Mat 6:6  But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
-Albert Einstein
- Jesus
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 19 queries.