bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A patient witness  (Read 5501 times)

Longhorn

A patient witness
« on: October 24, 2008, 01:00:25 PM »

When my eyes and ears were opened I wanted to do the non-stop Iv'e seen the light, I will not sleep until every member of my family is "Saved" I have good news for everyone routine.  What I failed to realize was that I was still a babe in Christ and had only milk to drink.  Old Longhorn can't type very good, so I will keep this short.  What I have learned is that until God DRAGS us to the place we at this forum are at, nothing we say or do will prepare their hearts to receive God's word. 

Let's all be patient,  One of my favorite verses is 1 Cor 15:22   For as in Adam ALL die, even so in Christ shall ALL live.   Im pretty (actually Im not pretty), or maybe pretty ugly is a better term), but I am certain when God says ALL, he means it.

Love in Christ

Longhorn

mharrell08

Re: A patient witness
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 01:05:03 PM »

Amen!  ;D

Marques

aqrinc

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 02:11:30 PM »

More of God's Word on Salvation for All.

Psalms 18:2:
The Lord is my Rock, my walled town, and my saviour; my God, my Rock, in him will I put my faith; my breastplate,
and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

Psalms 20:5:
We will be glad in your salvation, and in the name of our God we will put up our flags: may the Lord give you all your requests.

Psalms 65:5:
You will give us an answer in righteousness by great acts of power, O God of our salvation; you who are the hope of all the ends of the earth, and of the far-off lands of the sea;

Psalms 98:2:
The Lord has given to all the knowledge of his salvation; he has made clear his righteousness in the eyes of the nations.

Isaiah 45:22:
Let your hearts be turned to me, so that you may have salvation, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is no other.

Isaiah 51:8:
For like a coat they will be food for the insect, the worm will make a meal of them like wool: but my righteousness will be for ever, and my salvation to all generations.

Isaiah 52:10:
The Lord has let his holy arm be seen by the eyes of all nations; and all the ends of the earth will see the salvation of our God.

Luke 3:6:
And all flesh will see the salvation of God.

I Corinthians 1:21:
For because, by the purpose of God, the world, with all its wisdom, had not the knowledge of God, it was God's pleasure, by so foolish a thing as preaching, to give salvation to those who had faith in him.

Many more where that came from;

George.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 03:41:00 PM by aqr »

Richard D

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 03:38:37 PM »

Longhorn.

I hear you brother, and would like to add unless God prepares their hearts it’s to no avail anyways. I find it amazing how people want to believe nothing but lies about God and reject the truth.

But there was a time in my life I did the same thing too. What’s funny to me is I find it amazing how I could also believe such foolishness at one time but I did.

God bless them all because one day they too shall be the sons and daughters of God as we are now.

In God’s love. Richard.

aqrinc

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 03:57:06 PM »

Longhorn, Marques,

I observed with amazement the violent reaction from those who are still blinded and even more;
deluded by all the Teachers and Pastors of Babylon. Then i remember that so was i until God
dragged me kicking and screaming to the Truth Of His Word In Christ Jesus. Now it is painful
for me to be where i cannot hear the Word most of the time.

Hope, Faith, Charity and Grace Brothers,

George.

Martinez

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 05:54:04 PM »

I remember the first time I found out there was no Hell, I did bit of research for a little while and then I went running to my friend who is in the salvation army and gave Him some reading material on the subject.

I don't think I've ever seen Him so angry!

He started dragging things up out of the mud to use against Me that had nothing to do with the issue at all.

I just couldn't believe it!
Where did this guy come from, and what did I ever do to Him?

It kind of reminded me of that bit in the lord of the rings, the fellowship of the ring, where Bilbo See's His old ring again and He changes in an instant into that monster thing.

Man I tell I was totally shocked!

OBrenda

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2008, 06:05:29 PM »

Yes Yes...I've seen that to......Isn't that amazing!!!!
 :-\
Brenda

Martinez

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 06:21:36 PM »

People get very upset when you try and take away their Hell!

aqrinc

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2008, 06:45:06 PM »

My Family,  :-*

It is sad to know that we all lived in such fear daily that our mind refuses to actually confront the total
absurdity of this doctrine. Burning in Hell Forever, Penance, Destruction, Pure Unadulterated Hate and
Selfishness, Highmindedness, Perversions and such is Awful news not the Gospel.  >:(  :'(

We have so much to Be Thankful for: The Grace Of God, Through Faith In Christ Jesus will SAVE ALL, EVERYONE,
EVERY LAST ONE  ;D; from the horrors promised by Christendom and Churchianity.

Love and Peace Sisters Brothers All,

George.

tinknocker

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2008, 07:14:24 PM »

I'll share with you what my wife and I experienced when trying to share our new understanding with our Bible study group we use to attend. They were questioning us on our belief that Hell is not eternal. I asked the host to read 1 Tim. 4:10 and asked her to explain to the group what that meant to her. She was reading from the NIV Study Bible which contains a commentary along side each verse. After see read the verse she proceeded with reading the comment from the included commentary which read and I quote "of course this doesn't mean all will be saved as it seems to imply". She stopped reading out loud at that point and looked directly at me with that look that says - see your wrong! I was so shocked I didn't even respond. She didn't even realize that she was saying the Bible lies but the commentary has got it right! That's when I realized no matter what we say if God does not give them eyes to see it then we are wasting our breath. Need I say we don't attend that Bible study anymore. As I'm writing this that same amazed feeling is rising up in me.
I must confess my wife and I will look at each other and ask why us? Why we're we given the ability to see?

tinknocker
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 07:17:02 PM by tinknocker »

Martinez

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2008, 08:04:02 PM »

Ah mate, you can't beat a good commentary!

LOL!

Marlene

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2008, 12:39:48 AM »

Hello All,  I used 1 Timothy Ch. 4 verse 10 on my mother in law. I asked her what it meant and she said: It means only if they can belive before they die. I told her I don't read that in there. She could not tell me anything else. But, I belive Chapter 4 verse 9 is interesing before you go into verse 10.

Verse 9 This is a trust worthy saying that desearves full acceptance.

I accept it as all will be saved and that is trustworthy. God Wills it and his Will be done.

She latter said, "There might be more that can be. But, she is not sure about some of the real bad ones."

Also, want to share this with you. One night in a Bible study at the church we went to. There was an argument about a scripture in the Bible. Some church members had the King James and the pastor had a Niv. Well , there were scriptures missing in the NIV that were in the King James. The couple reading from the King James got upset cause the Pastors wife jumped all over them , so they left. I have gone through the Niv and find many missing scriptures in it that are in the King James. God, sure is making us work for his word. I really dont like the commentary parts cause for sure we know they are man made. Just wanted to let you know.

In His Love,
Marlene

Heidi

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2008, 01:37:40 AM »

....... I really dont like the commentary parts cause for sure we know they are man made. Just wanted to let you know.

You are so right Marlene, I use the blue letter bible internet site a lot but nowadays I stay away from the commentary segment because my spirit did not feel right when I was reading it. 

I find trusting the Lord and using the guidance of His Holy Spirit is the best way to spend time in His word.  Yes, it takes longer because I have to search things for myself but the reward is so much more in the end.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 20 queries.