bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Common Sense passed away  (Read 6540 times)

tinknocker

Common Sense passed away
« on: October 24, 2008, 05:10:50 PM »

Recieved this email today and thought I would share with all of you as we mourn the passing of Mr Common Sense;

Obituary
Common Sense

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape.

He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as knowing when to come in out of the rain, why the early bird gets the worm, life isn't always fair, and maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you earn) and reliable parenting strategies (adults, not children are in charge).

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well intentions but overbearing r egulations were set in place. Reports of a six-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a class mate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job they themselves failed to do in disciplining their unruly children. It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer Aspirin, sun lotion or a sticky plaster to a student; but could not inform the parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as the Ten Commandments became contraband; churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims.   Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar can sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust; his wife, Discretion; his daughter, Responsibility; and his son, Reason.

He is survived by three stepbrothers; I Know My Rights, Someone Else is to Blame, and I'm a Victim.

Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone. If you still remember him, pass this on. If not, join the majority and do nothing.

eggi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Common Sense passed away
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 05:19:53 PM »

I'm signing the obituary!
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

Martinez

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 05:39:15 PM »

It's not even funny because it's true.

It's sad because it's true!

OBrenda

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 05:49:37 PM »

You Know It!
Brenda

Longhorn

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 05:55:58 PM »

Iv'e never had any (common sense) so I can't respond to this thread.   ;D

Longhorn

Beloved

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008, 06:12:19 PM »

Let us petition to build a memorial to it.

A visual reminder of the  loss of this friend of mine.

beloved

Fester

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Yes a pancake!
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2008, 06:48:56 PM »

Common Sense left the building years ago !
"Christianity began as a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. When it went to Athens, it became a philosophy. When it went to Rome, it became an organization. When it went to Europe, it became a culture. When it came to America, it became a business."

aqrinc

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008, 04:15:17 AM »

non sense is now the in thing, don't believe it? go to church.

Martinez

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2008, 03:28:55 PM »

That's true so true aqr!

If you point out their contradictions for the nonsense that it actually is,

The just turn around and say "With God all things are possible"

I irony there being that that's about who can be saved!

Samson

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2008, 08:19:22 PM »

AMEN TINKNOCKER, IT'S ALL TRUE, SAD, BUT FACT,  :o

I like the phrase that criminals get better treatment than victims, I worked as a Corrections Officer at Northampton County Prison, back in 2001 and remember that Inmates got
full medical coverage and I went without any for Ten years, couldn't afford it. There was this Inmate
prior to his arrest and incarceration stole credit cards, maxed them out, so he could go to jail and get
medical coverage for AZT, he had Aids.  ::)

Amazing, Samson.

musicman

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2008, 09:46:25 PM »

One thing about our prison system that drives me insane:  It doesn't really rehabilitate that many people.  Sometimes the least violent criminals receive the worst sentences because of what goes on in our prisons.  We all know that police officers never fare well in prison because the worst ciminals are out to get them.  A non violent criminal that just happened to make a big mistake, will have to be tough in order to survive.  Why is it that some prisoners aren't just sentenced to time, but are subjected to attacks and even raped?  What kind of sick justification is that?  And I hear all about the child molesters and such getting their just rewards at the hands of those who have absolutelly no remorse for what they do.  I'm tired of all of the stories about how some face losing their very humanity, even if they are sorry for what they have done.  I can say, that there are some things that are worse than death itself.  A seven year prison sentence should not carry with it, violent attacks by the lowest scum of the Earth.   

Heidi

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2008, 02:33:59 AM »

This post is sad but true..... ???

Martinez

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2008, 04:14:25 AM »

My favourite is "Adults not children are in charge"

I see that one practically every day, you can spot it a mile away!

:(

dewey

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2008, 09:29:22 PM »

Hey, Tinknocker

I too have received an e-mail about old common sense and received some of his notes and here they are:

1.  a day without sunshine is like night
2.  on the other hand, you have different fingers
3.  42.7 % of all statistics are made up on the spot
4.  99% of lawyers give the rest a bad name
5.  remember, half the people you know are below average
6.  he who laughs last, thinks slowest
7.  depression is merely anger without enthusiasm
8.  the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
9.  support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have
10.  a clear conscience is usually  the sign of a bad memory
11.  change is inevitable, except from vending machines
12.  if you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments
13.  how many of you believe in psycho-kinesis?  raise my hand
14.  OK, so what's the speed of dark?
15.  when everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane
16.  hard work pays off in the future - laziness pays off now
17.  how much deeper would the ocean be without sponges?
18.  eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines
19.  what happens if you get scared half to death twice?
20.  why do psychics have to axk you for your name?
21.  inside every older person is a younger person wondering, "what the heck happened?"
22.  just remember - if the world didn't suck, we would all fall off
23.  light travels faster than sound.  That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
24.  Life isn't like a box of chocolates.  It's more like a jar of jalapenos.  What you do today might burn your rear tomorrow.

paula
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 09:47:52 PM by dewey »

AK4

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2008, 10:47:22 PM »

Let us petition to build a memorial to it.

A visual reminder of the  loss of this friend of mine.

beloved

If you get it passed then the ACLU and the like will sue and ask for a statue for the opposite sadly.

Also what i think is missing from the original post that passed with common sense is Facts.  It got buried with Common Sense unknowingly
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 10:50:12 PM by AK4 »

Jackie Lee

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2008, 11:34:46 PM »

One thing about our prison system that drives me insane:  It doesn't really rehabilitate that many people.  Sometimes the least violent criminals receive the worst sentences because of what goes on in our prisons.  We all know that police officers never fare well in prison because the worst ciminals are out to get them.  A non violent criminal that just happened to make a big mistake, will have to be tough in order to survive.  Why is it that some prisoners aren't just sentenced to time, but are subjected to attacks and even raped?  What kind of sick justification is that?  And I hear all about the child molesters and such getting their just rewards at the hands of those who have absolutelly no remorse for what they do.  I'm tired of all of the stories about how some face losing their very humanity, even if they are sorry for what they have done.  I can say, that there are some things that are worse than death itself.  A seven year prison sentence should not carry with it, violent attacks by the lowest scum of the Earth.   
YES I agree!

Ninny

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2008, 05:14:35 PM »

Paula, that was sooo true! I especially love #23!  Ha!
Kathy ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.