bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The goodness of our God!  (Read 5026 times)

Richard D

The goodness of our God!
« on: October 24, 2008, 09:32:15 PM »

I felt desirous to post this thread because I would like to bring glory to God which He always deserves. Since I had posted a thread name comfort zone making know I had been laid off from my place of employment God has been blessing me with work.

I have not received a job with an employer, I feel God has put it into my heart not to seek employment with any employer. After meditating on this and mentioning my concerns to God and believing in His ability to provide I have and still am receiving work.

As I have mentioned before I ’am a tradesman I do heating and air conditioning for a living. It started with one person calling me for a tune up on a boiler and from that one job came many jobs.

I been doing boiler jobs as well as baseboard jobs. I’m receiving repair work also. I know many of you were concerned for me and had prayed for me as well which I thank all of you for your prayers.

I believe God is going to have me be my own employer with God Himself providing the work I need so I can support my needs in this life.

I wanted to make mention of all the good things God is doing for me letting you all know that when things look grim to us just keep trusting God.

I now live my life trusting in God everyday for all my needs which He is more than able to meet. I don’t want to live any other way.

In the end I can only conclude when we have one thing on our minds God has something entirely different on His mind. Praise honor and glory belong to God and God only.

In God’s love. Richard.

Jackie Lee

Re: The goodness of our God!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 11:02:38 PM »

That is great, God certainly amazes me every day.
I can't tell you all the times I have a plan and the plan is changed without much notice. ;D

OBrenda

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 11:19:50 PM »

How Wonderful Praise God!
 :D :D
Brenda

Richard D

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 11:50:55 PM »

Amrhrasach.

I wanted everyone to know Jesus does take care of His people. It’s so evident in a time when the country is going through hard times and many people are loosing their jobs and work is difficult to find that this is not an obstacle for our creator Jesus.

I’ve work for an employer all my life and after being let go through lack of work and not being able to gain employment cause me great concern thinking my future is bleak.

This is of God not me I have no doubt about that. No matter how dark the night becomes I know Jesus can turn the darkness into light.

It’s important to let everyone know I have not spent a nickel on starting a business I don’t even have business cards to give out. But I’m earning enough money to make ends meet.

How can this be? I made my concerns and fears know to God in prayer. Employers are not hiring oil burner technicians in my area yet I’m working everyday and am booked up three weeks in advance.

I can only give Jesus the credit, I say this because anyone starting a business needs to lay down much money for starters I have spent nothing, I have not advertise in any way. It started off with one job and that person I did work for told another and I keep getting phone calls from people looking to have work done.

I know this is not of me, there is no way on earth this could be except by God. I give all glory and credit to Jesus as it is of His doing.

I just wanted everyone to know, please don’t ever stop trusting in Jesus, I can give no better advise to anyone than that. I trust Jesus everyday for work I trust Jesus with my life it’s a wonderful way to live.

God is teaching me faith and how to use faith in everyday life. Having faith in Jesus is more important than life itself. 

In God’s love. Richard. 

Marlene

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 12:09:03 AM »

Richard, You are so right it is from God. I have tasted of his goodness many times. I am a bad diabetic and I had a infection go into my blood stream. My temp was 109 when they took me out. I never went into a coma. My sugar was stable when they took me out. I was about to go into shock. I laid for two days for them to find the right antibiotic to help me. I was on a ice pad for almost a week. I guess I had a large stroke sometime on the right side of my brain and never had any paralysis. With all my health issues and with fever that remained at 107 three days. I felt comfort. He choose to let me stay awake to teach me to remember who is in control. Also, shortly after this he led me to Ray's website.

You are so right, he is good. He is amazing. He is more then Wonderful.

Well, I have to tell you I have tears in my eyes over your testimony. I am so blessed to hear this. We should always share with our Brothers and Sister.

God Bless You
Marlen

Heidi

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 01:49:07 AM »

WOW!  What wonderful testimonies you both have.  Firstly Richard, it is good that you are testifying and giving God the glory...it uplifts the body of Christ.  Secondly, Marlene I am glad that you came through that episode and are now part of this family.  God's goodness surpasses all understanding.  Praise Him!

Richard D

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2008, 11:54:04 AM »

Heidi.

One reads the scriptures and learns about God and sees how God dealt with our biblical brothers and sisters and the world in general. Testimonies like the one I have given should help build ones faith up.

I don’t mind admitting I was nervous scared and afraid of what would become of me as everyone knows without employment how does one pay their mortgage or buy food? 

Money is not my God but Lord knows we need to earn it. I find it humbling knowing that I do not have to depend on the economy doing well or employers to provide work to survive but only need to rely and trust only in God who is able to provide.

I was wondering who was hiring and where I would find employment but God had another plans for me and that was for me to be a contractor where God Himself is providing me with work.

God has put it into my heart to make mention of what He is doing in my life that another’s faith would be built up. Our circumstances do not dictate our lives but its God who does.

Praise, honor and glory to our God who is so good to His children.  :)

In God’s love. Richard.

Martinez

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2008, 07:02:57 PM »

Hi Richard.

I have just found work recently too. It's kind of a long story but I'll share it for edification's sake and try and keep it short.

I have had a very bad work history, that is I've never been able to keep a job because I never had any skills and the only jobs I was able to get were factory jobs and I absolutely hated it, and so I would go for long periods of time without working.

Then I got married and had a child and I decided that it was time to swing into action and start working to support my family like everyone else.

So I went and got myself a job. a friend of mine said there was a job going at his work and so I applied and got it and was determined to do my best and not screw it up, but to my horror I discovered that that wasn't possible.

I already knew that my knees as well as my hips were no good and had caused me considerable trouble and pain and now my wrists were added to that list.

Imagine you knuckle down to do you're absolute best only to discover that it's not possible.

Now imagine that nobody cares, not even you're wife!
Imagine that all they seem to care about these supposed friends of yours is that you're not working!

Also imagine that for the next few years that you're condition actually gets worse and no one seems to be able to do anything and all anyone (those who supposedly care about you) is why can't you get a job or have tried this sort of job? (usually ridiculous suggestions)

After a few years of not knowing what is going to happen and having people rubbing salt in my open wounds on a almost daily basis, the horizon was starting to look a bit bleak!

A couple of months ago our 4 wheel drive that we depended on to get us up our monstrous driveway up and died and needs a new engine.

After languishing for a few months I decided that there was no other choice but to move down to Sydney where there is public transport and try yet again to get a job to come up with the $4500.00 to get our 4 wheel drive back on the road.

After moving down to Sydney for a couple of weeks I rang around the phone book for so jobs that I thought maybe I could do.

Praise God that one of those places called back and gave Me a job!
And it's a cool job that I can do too!

The job has with it a very steep learning curve and I have to do things that I find absolutely terrifying but means I have to trust God for everything which is awesome!

Sorry it's so long!

Richard D

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2008, 09:37:25 PM »

Martinez.

Thank you for sharing a part of your life with me, we both been through trouble times but not in vain, I’m starting to see or understand God has been preparing us to not talk about faith but live it.

God is teaching us life changing faith that moves mountains and makes valleys low and straightens the path that leads to Him. How can one learn to trust God until their back is against the wall.

My faith in God is equal to my trust in God, faith in God trusting God and trusting God is having faith in God. It’s what the Lord is showing me. I have faith in God that He will provide me with work or I have trust in God that he will provide me with work.

Without any situation in our life that forces us to trust God then how can we learn to trust God?  My comfort zone was working for and employer and getting paid every week, God destroyed my comfort zone.

God now has my full attention because my life depends on God. Everyday I trust in God that my phone will ring with someone needing work down. I no longer take for granted I have work so that I can earn money, I no longer take for granted my mortgage will be paid or have enough money to buy food or anything else.

All I have is my faith in God which is worth more than anything in this universe. I’m learning to trust God with my whole being.

In God’s love. Richard.

Marlene

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2008, 03:10:19 PM »

Martinez and Richard,
         I say that we see that even persecution, from what they call well meaning friends or family can be a blessing . Martinez I have many health problems. Most of the jobs I  have done our of the physical type. I had a very serious illness and have been left unable to perform them. I am fighting for my disability. My husband does have a job. It covers the bills and gives us food and clothing . It meets our basic needs. It is a trusting thing for sure as Richard said. It is faith in him and not of our selves.

Martinez, I suffer with pain daily. It has worsen over the years. Just to show you how people can be and especially family. I have been married and in this family for 29 years. I was to have a shoulder surgery and two days before that I took ill with blood stream infection. 109 fever when the squad took me.
I was considered critical and anything could happen. God kept me from going into a coma . I am a bad diabetic, high blood pressure, spine problems, chronic pain , fibromalgias. While, I laid on the ice pad to keep me cool. My Mother In Law came in to visit me. She said, "While I was in here I would tell them to do the surgery then you would not have to come back in. Well, that hurt me. There I was laying not knowing if they would find anything to help me with. Even healthy people have died from this or been delerious. I thought those who hurt you the most can be from your own house hold like the Lord said. I have forgiven her, but it sure showed me how much I am valued. But, God showed his love for me. I could feel him with me and after 48 hours they started me on the right antibiotic , but it was touch and go. But, he gave me a touch. I had even had a large stroke on the right side of my brain and it left no paralysis.
Yes, he is faithful to us. He is to be trusted and all our trials are to make us stronger. I feel bad for you Martinez cause I can feel your pain from those who judge us and thing what they want about us.

It does't matter what others think, it is what God thinks and knows.

In His Love
Marlene
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.