bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is the turth about Paul??  (Read 17783 times)

aqrinc

Re: What is the truth about Paul??
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2008, 12:51:07 AM »

Hi Darren, Anthony and All my Sisters and Brothers,

I am happy to see that you are able to stand by the Spirit in you when confronted by hypocrites and liars
who would try to pervert the Gospel Of The Kingdom Given By Our Lord And Saviour Jesus Christ. Everyday
God makes it easier for us to understand why the Hour is so Important and that we must not give place to
murderers of The Hope Of Salvation, Reconciliation and Adoption that IS This Good News Of The Kingdom Of
God The Almighty Father Of All, Everyone.

In Jesus Christ Our Lord,

george.

AK4

Re: What is the turth about Paul??
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2008, 02:03:35 AM »

Anthony, I am going back and forth with this person for a month now on Paul. How Paul did not teach what Christ or the apostles taught. Finnally I just said James and peter who at first may have not agreed on Paul's teachings had a meeting and came to the conclusion for Paul to continue his way of teaching the gentiles.

No, right here you are going on the defensive.  James and Peter (well at least when they wrote their letters) were always in agreement with Jesus and so was Paul.  Jesus is the standard to judge by (OT and NT).  Paul confronted Peter for his hypocrisy.

I then said If you believe that God's Will is ALWAYS done would you not say that God put His stamp of approval on Paul? WoulGod let Peter and them  know that it was His will for Paul to do what he was doing and that they (peter and them) would back him.d you not say that if God did not want Paul to teach the way and what he taught that God would  have stop him?

You cant use that as a defense because they can come back and say something about satan doing what he does  and why dont God stop him.

The more I think about it, did not Paul say he knew how and what to teach because he was taught by the Holy Spirit? Did Paul know anything about what Jesus and the disciples taught. Did he understand their teachings before God struck him? Was not Paul tottally against the teachings of Christ and wanted to destroy it. Wouldn't being taught by the Holy Spirit be just as if he was learning from Jesus Himself ? Not having a clue to what or how to teach, to knowing what and how to teach, that's awesome.

There you go-- build from there and show how he stayed with scripture (they only had "OT" scripture then) and how he stayed with the Gospel.

What exactly did Paul teach that was against what the disciples taught?

In my experience, they say that Paul tries to nullify the Law.  This is not true.  They just dont understand Romans 7 and 8. Plus throughout his epistles Paul doesnt nullify the ten commandmants.

I figured that Paul got his wisdom directly for the Holy Spirit. Is not  the way he got it? If so, is not that the greatest gift to a man? To have the wisdom given to you directly from God? It would seem so to me. But I could be wrong. But I'm not. Not on that.

You are sooo right on that it is given, i just recently did i word study on wisdom and in I believe in Proverbs or Psalms it is showing that it is only given, wisdom and understanding, and no other way.

I can help you better but right now im half asleep

Anthony

winner08

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2008, 02:38:35 AM »

Your right I go on the defensive and thats bad. If fact I just had enough with this guy. I laid it out best I can, I should have let it go a while back but I ego got in the way. Pride got in the way I want to show him and it is not my place really. It is God's place I laid it out and God will take over. If God wants to open his eys (the guy) then God will open his eys if not it was not ment to be. You know what if we wouldn't let things like our pride and ego get in the way of Gods work I bet he would be alot happier with us. YOu think?? Craig told me something in one of my post awhile back he said now this is not a quote but it went something like this, why was is my place to make him understand or something alone those lines. Like say your peice and let it go. But he was right I am not a teacher it is not my place to try to make someone to believe as I do. I think everybody heard this saying before, let go and let God.

Thanks,
Darren

aqrinc

« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2008, 03:20:25 AM »

Amen Brother,

well said and done.

george.

Your right I go on the defensive and thats bad. If fact I just had enough with this guy. I laid it out best I can, I should have let it go a while back but I ego got in the way. Pride got in the way I want to show him and it is not my place really. It is God's place I laid it out and God will take over. If God wants to open his eys (the guy) then God will open his eys if not it was not ment to be. You know what if we wouldn't let things like our pride and ego get in the way of Gods work I bet he would be alot happier with us. YOu think?? Craig told me something in one of my post awhile back he said now this is not a quote but it went something like this, why was is my place to make him understand or something alone those lines. Like say your peice and let it go. But he was right I am not a teacher it is not my place to try to make someone to believe as I do. I think everybody heard this saying before, let go and let God.

Thanks,
Darren

AK4

« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2008, 04:11:20 AM »

Thanks,
Darren

okay you had enough with this guy but did you dead all the doubt in you that HE planted? So now its not about him its about you.  you gotta squash all the doubt that he planted.  I dont know how it is for you but for me it set  doubt for me so i had to get rid of what was planted in me.  Dont you agree it can be planted both ways?

Pride got in the way to show him but do your pride say to you that you know that what he is saying is false?  Are you sure what he says is false?  Yes  i agree to a point to let it go, but if in you the subject is not completly resolved you cant let it go till you are completly convinced one way or another.  You  dont have to debate or refute him, but you have to concretely know for yourself--and this can only be given by God of course.

It is God's place I laid it out and God will take over. If God wants to open his eys (the guy) then God will open his eys if not it was not ment to be. You know what if we wouldn't let things like our pride and ego get in the way of Gods work I bet he would be alot happier with us. YOu think?? Craig told me something in one of my post awhile back he said now this is not a quote but it went something like this, why was is my place to make him understand or something alone those lines

You have to lay it out to whomever to where they have no defense (only those who will have a defense is those who will go tit for tat on verses that dont use the whole Word of God as context, those who dont understand the "line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little there a little" verses in Isa.). 

No matter what, you are doing Gods work so you really cant say its your pride getting in the way.  Its not your place to make some one understand but when confronted about your hope you are responsible to have an answer why you have that hope/belief.  There is a big difference with trying to convert and defending your hope.

Im not trying to preach, but i will share my experience at least with this subject tomorrow

Anthony
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 04:16:43 AM by AK4 »

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2008, 08:16:26 AM »

Darren,

I have decided to lock this topic because you have received ample advice and direction to your original question. 

However, here is a link to a bible study by Ray that should be of help to you when dealing with people who want to argue about scripture.  I've included a few excerpts as well.

René

FOUNDATIONAL TRUTHS

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,6452.0.html

Today’s lesson is going to be one thing, one idea.  I wanted it to be something that will be really helpful to you.  I titled it Foundational Truths, how much truth do you need to set one free?  In John it says;

John 8:32  And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

So I want to give you enough information so that, on a rather simplistic level, you can take on any and all comers, TV preachers or people, you know. Because a lot of us run into people who will argue about Scripture and say, ‘yes God is going to torture people, because it says so.’ 

Is there a way to learn how to overcome virtually all of these hundreds of Scriptures that they throw at you?  I think there is.  That’s what today’s study is all about.

Now you don’t need to be a scholar and you don’t even need to be super intelligent.  You don’t need any of those things to understand a truth.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 08:21:41 AM by Rene »
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 23 queries.