bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How prideful are you these days?  (Read 5693 times)

Richard D

How prideful are you these days?
« on: October 25, 2008, 10:12:34 PM »

Once I was a military soldier in the United Air Force and I was reflecting basic training and had remembered how we were taught to be proud of our country and of ourselves.

Pride seemed to be a pretty big thing in the arm forces from spit shining our shoes to making hospital folds on our bedding and marching in step. It was always about having pride in ourselves and God help you if you did not have it.

Today I’ll go to the store with a five o’clock shadow, dirty cloths and hair uncombed and feel no shame at all. I wonder if God could be behinds this…lol.

Everything I was taught about pride in myself has no place with God. I guess one could call that military injustice.

I guess I must cause people to sin with my lack of pride these days.  ???

Jackie Lee

Re: How prideful are you these days?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 01:01:35 AM »

It seems to me sometimes pride can be an idol, I don't have to have the best like I wanted before.
It doesn't bother me to buy used clothing at thrift shops or flea markets.
The things I prided myself with seem to not matter so much anymore.

I would never go to the store with a 5 0 clock shadow though...Teasing a bit. :D

Seriously though sometimes the things we value the most either just don't mean as much or gets yanked away.

Marlene

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 02:32:09 AM »

Hello, Like the Bible says Pride comes before the fall.

I agree with you both.

In His Love,
Marlene

Martinez

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 07:23:35 AM »

Hello, Like the Bible says Pride comes before the fall.

I agree with you both.

In His Love,
Marlene

The fall is actually a good thing though, It's very humbling.

Jam 4:6  But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

Longhorn

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 01:31:35 PM »

Richard

Ohter than the fact that I think Im the greatest person on the face of the planet, and I can't understand why more of my fans don't take the time to stop by Longhorn ranch for a autograph and photo shot with me and my chickens and pet Buzzard Cleo, and the fact that Im the greatest cook in the world(45 recipes of chezz-macc), and the fact that I still starch all of my jeans as stiff as a board and wear Old Spice (the greatest smelling perfume known to man since High Karatee) and the fact that I scored the winning touchdown in Jr. Highschool against our hated rival Wolf City, and Im almost certain Meg Ryan keeps stalking me while Im trying feed the cows, other than that there ain't a prideful bone in my body.  p.s. I was just kidding about the Old Spice. 

Love in Christ

Longhorn

Marlene

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008, 02:08:03 PM »

Martinez,

Yes, I agree a fall can be good. It certainly can be good. I took one before I found this website. All, kinds of good came out of it. Let me tell you it was a lesson in so many things for me. At first , I thought it was more then I could bare. Now, it is joy to me. I never thought I would say I like his correction.
Praise the Lord he never forgets us.

In His Love,
Marlene

Richard D

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2008, 03:27:28 PM »

Longhorn.

I started cracking up when you mentioned starching your pants as I forgot about starching my fatigue pants making sure I had those perfect creases with those spit shine shoes one could see their face in.

The things of this world are foolishness to God and are now foolishness to me also. I now see through the pride of man.

Thanks Longhorn for the reminder of those foolish days I now see through.

In God’s love. Richard.

Snowfire

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2008, 08:36:08 PM »

Hey Longhorn.. You named your Buzzard Cleo?
I'd have thought you would have a least named him Beefer, you know as in Bee fer Buzzard... You know as in if you had a dog you could name him Deefer, as in Dee fer dog.

Oh well, never mind
Give my regards to Cleo

Longhorn

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2008, 09:04:17 PM »

Now dangi/t Snowfire, I think Cleo is a good name for a buzzard.

Love in Christ

Longhorn  I just wonder how I'll ever name all these other critters.

Dangit, I hate how I type.. I guess so do Yall.

aqrinc

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2008, 04:22:21 AM »

Watch it longhorn, critters have free will you know. Just so Cleo knows that bizzards and buzzards are cousin to john crow.

Heidi

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2008, 02:42:53 AM »

Hi Richard, pride was one of the first things that God helped me get rid off in my life and whatever titbits are still lurking He will consume.....praise God!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.