bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mr. Ray and why?  (Read 8618 times)

jennie

Mr. Ray and why?
« on: October 25, 2008, 11:55:51 PM »

I have been reading a good many of the topics. Is Mr. Ray sick and if so will he be okay? My other question comes from reading many of the e-mails on Mr. Ray's site. Why does it seem that so many show hatred to him ? Thanks, Jennie

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
Re: Mr. Ray and why?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 12:11:34 AM »

Hi Jennie,
They despise the truth.

I suspect as you continue to live with these marvelous truths revealed to you, you will find out for yourself just how much people despise the truth of God. Its very saddening at times but its necessary.
Pro 1:7  The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
Pro 3:11  My son, despise not the chastening of the LORD; neither be weary of his correction:
Pro 23:9  Speak not in the ears of a fool: for he will despise the wisdom of thy words.
Mat 6:24  No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
Some scriptures to keep in mind.
There are many wise on this site to help you understand.
We all have had similar experiences with family, friends and even strangers.
There are a number of stories in the forum!

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

WhoAmI

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 12:17:17 AM »

I would suspect the reasons they act the way they do is many. I feel some are not able to separate the subject from personal or emotional connections. I have shared the information he has written with a good amount of people. Some are put off by his style. Some just refuse to listen to anything else from what Mom and Dad taught them. Some are afraid to change. Some do not want to truly search these matters out. Some really think to say anything from what has long been held will make them sin against God and they are doomed to eternity. So many reasons and different reactions. I am also sure a lot of it is just people trying to pull his chain. But these sort of topics surely bring out those sort of reactions in people. I had one guy tell me that Ray turns everything into so much "mush" that he doesn't even recognize it when he is done with it. I laughed and told him I do the same thing, so I must enjoy the "mush" because it really connects with me.  ;)

Anyhow to me it is just a distraction. If you can stay focused on the subject and trim off the emotional responses you keep a sharper focus. I don't know Ray personally but I'm sure he doesn't lose a lot of sleep over the hate. He seems to me to use it as a teaching tool to drive a point home even farther.

Jeff

jennie

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 01:14:59 AM »

Maybe it is sort of a fear thing... fear of something other than the traditions or even fear of thinking on one's on. I don't know.

Marlene

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 01:49:46 AM »

Hi, Yes, they are just plain blind. I was them once. I am just blessed in all ways to know the truth. Take away free will  and Hell now I know who is in control. I think most people don't want to see cause they love that free will. They make God be what they want him to be. I we can do is pray for them. But, its all in God's time.
Now, for what drove me from my church where we had been for years before the last pastor came. He told the amount a young couple gave and they left. Then lots of people left because of things they did to hurt them.

I had a serious illness and could have died. He never came to see me even though I had not come months before cause I was ill.

The second week I went back after my illness. He preached a sermon on tithe. He first said, I don't know what anyone gives and I don't want to because  it might make me a respector of persons. Then he continued to preach and gave the exact amount of money my husband and I tithed. We never had alot of money so we gave with our hearts. Then he continued to say that God might kill you if you do not give the right tithe.
That was our last day there. God saved my life and also the hospital took our bills and paid half of all we owed. Also, my husband family knew all this and they chose to stay even know He lied and that he also put himself in Gods seat. These are trials for sure folk. At first it hurt. More from his family not leaving. Now, I just say Father Forgive Them. That includes his family and the pastor.
But, Praise God I love these trials cause this is when God led me to truth.
So, yes what they do to Ray is all his trials for believing the truth and having the love of Christ in his heart. Because we believe truth we suffer like Christ. It is all Joy to me now.
In His Love,
Marlene

WhoAmI

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008, 05:46:57 AM »

That is sad Marlene. Sorry to hear that happen.  :(

My brother was trying to reach out and he started playing some drums at a church. He did it here and there. But he was told by the youth pastor that he just might lose his business because he wasn't coming enough. It is ashame what we do to the message of Christ. My brother left after that and he has done very well with his business.  :o

Jeff

cherokee

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2008, 09:52:34 AM »

jennie

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2008, 10:59:19 AM »

Thanks to ya'll for the info. There are heart breadking stories in us all aren't there? My sweet little son in law was told he didn't matter at the church because he didn't legally join the church???? Ths sweet and precious young man worked his behind off every Sunday in our children's church and those kids loved him so. But he didn't matter???? They even tithed. I don't think Jesus was pleased by any of this stuff you know? Love and gotta go move again! Jennie

chuckt

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2008, 01:11:34 PM »

God chooses the foolish things of the world to confound the wise.

we are the most foolish people on earth to believe God will/can save everyone in the ages to come.

woot.

yes i glory in my foolishness.

peace
chuckt

jennie

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2008, 11:50:57 PM »

Well, I guess I am pretty foolish too!!!!!

youthfortruth

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2008, 12:38:44 AM »

It's as clear as ever that although Ray has the most populous last name in the free world, his message of truth is undeniably the most unpopular in the Christian world.

Despite us being in the minority, I for one feel very lucky to continue learning God's teachings through Ray's work and amongst all you wonderful people!

-Andrew

aqrinc

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2008, 01:30:18 AM »

chuckt was using sarcasm to make a point, he was not saying All will not be saved  ???. This is a misunderstanding that need
go no nowhere from here i think. ;D

george.

ChuckT said:  "God chooses the foolish things of the world to confound the wise."

Perhaps.

Ray:  "Remember that God says, For the wisdom [the ‘wisdom’ mind you, not the ‘foolishness’]…the wisdom of this world is foolishness [Gk: ‘stupidity’] with God. For it is written, He takes the wise in their own craftiness" (I Cor. 3:19).

ChuckT said:  "we are the most foolish people on earth to believe God will/can save everyone in the ages to come."

Actually, I DO believe God will save everyone.  What have YOU been reading?

Even this wretched man that writes this message will be saved.  Perhaps not in the 1st.  But, I will be saved (transitory). 

chuckt

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2008, 08:23:05 AM »

chuckt was using sarcasm to make a point, he was not saying All will not be saved  ???. This is a misunderstanding that need
go no nowhere from here i think. ;D

george.

ChuckT said:  "God chooses the foolish things of the world to confound the wise."

Perhaps.

Ray:  "Remember that God says, For the wisdom [the ‘wisdom’ mind you, not the ‘foolishness’]…the wisdom of this world is foolishness [Gk: ‘stupidity’] with God. For it is written, He takes the wise in their own craftiness" (I Cor. 3:19).

ChuckT said:  "we are the most foolish people on earth to believe God will/can save everyone in the ages to come."

Actually, I DO believe God will save everyone.  What have YOU been reading?

Even this wretched man that writes this message will be saved.  Perhaps not in the 1st.  But, I will be saved (transitory). 

Thank you George,

sorry folks if any misunderstood me.

1Cr 4:10 We [are] fools for Christ's sake, but ye [are] wise in Christ; we [are] weak, but ye [are] strong; ye [are] honourable, but we [are] despised. 

NOW..... i find it very interesting when ever i tell people God is the savour of all mankind, especially believers, i am reproached, the very thing scripture says happens:

9 Faithful is the saying and worthy of all welcome
10 (for for this are we toiling and being reproached), that we rely on the living God, Who is the Saviour of all mankind,
11 especially of believers. These things be charging and teaching.

The very thing we toil for and the very thing we are told to teach, we suffer reproach and are railed against, and its right there in the very verse, this is in fact confirmation, the very scripture is true and prophecy fullfilled.

UR, is in fact Gods wisdom for us and to us, yet is indeed foolishness, not only to the world, but to the very ""religion" spose to be teaching it and bringing it to the world.

ALL Glory to God in the hightest....and thank God and rejoice when you suffer reproach and are despised! BLESS them that curse you!

inlove
chuckt

« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 08:51:52 AM by chuckt »

chuckt

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2008, 08:54:36 AM »

author=Amrhrasach link=topic=8568.msg70372#msg70372 date=1225073432]

1Cr 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 

1Cr 4:10 We [are] fools for Christ's sake, but ye [are] wise in Christ; we [are] weak, but ye [are] strong; ye [are] honourable, but we [are] despised.   ;)

Amrhrasach , this and my other post should clarify what i was saying, sorry if you misunderstood me, im not the best communicator  :-*

God bless and:

peace
chuckt
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 09:12:28 AM by chuckt »

aqrinc

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2008, 02:20:55 PM »

chuckT and amrhrasach,

Well and Truly said and done my Brothers, we are now back in sync. (not the music group ;D)

george.

jennie

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2008, 12:40:57 PM »

Awww.... And here I was thinking ya'll were that famous group!!!! Love , Jennie
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 22 queries.