bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Saints  (Read 15183 times)

EKnight

Saints
« on: October 26, 2008, 12:12:04 PM »

I see the term saints used in the bible hundreds of times.  So who/what are the saints that are spoken? 

Eileen

musicman

Re: Saints
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 12:31:40 PM »

The Catholic church is full of them.

mharrell08

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 12:34:56 PM »

Hello Eileen,

Here is an excerpt from the Lake of Fire series pt 11:

THE SAINTS SHALL JUDGE THE WORLD

The called and chosen were born to be Judges:

"Or are you not aware that the saints [the manifested Sons and Daughters of God] shall JUDGE THE WORLD? And if the world shall be judged by YOU, are you unworthy to judge the smallest matters?" (I Cor. 6:2).

"And I saw thrones and they sat upon them, and JUDGMENT was given unto them [the saints, the manifested Sons of God]…" (Rev. 20:4).

Every man will be judged and the Saints will do the judging:

"And the sea gave up the dead which were in it: and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were JUDGED EVERY MAN according to their works" (Rev. 20:13).

GOD’S MINISTERS ARE FLAMES OF FIRE

I showed you earlier that Jesus Christ is not only IN the lake of fire, He IS THE LAKE OF FIRE. He is the Divinity in this spiritual fire.

Ponder this:

Like Christ, we too are raised with a "SPIRITUAL body" (I Cor. 15:44).

We are in fact called, "the BODY of Christ" (Eph. 1:23).

We will literally "be LIKE Him [Christ]" (I John 3:2).

God will make us into "ministers [of] FLAMING FIRE" (Psalm 104:4).

We too then will be like our God, "a CONSUMING FIRE" (Heb. 12:29).

God promises us that, "…the saints shall JUDGE THE WORLD…" and "we shall JUDGE ANGELS" (I Cor. 6:2-3)!

God tells us WHERE this judgment will take place:

"…they were judged every man according to their works," and "whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into THE LAKE OF FIRE" (Rev. 20:13 & 15).

Therefore, we, the Saints, the Body of Christ, the consuming fire ministers of God, the saviours of Mt. Zion, the manifested Sons and Daughters of God, along with our Head, Jesus Christ, also ARE THE LAKE OF FIRE!

THERE IS NO LITERAL LAKE, AND THERE IS NO LITERAL FIRE. Jesus Christ and His Body of Saints ARE THE LAKE OF JUDGING, PURIFYING, CONSUMING SPIRITUAL FIRE!!!

The lake of fire is a metaphor written in symbols that stand for what is being symbolized, not the symbols themselves. The lake of fire is composed of Jesus Christ the Judge of the world, Christ’s divine spiritual fire and brimstone, and the Sons of God who are the body of Christ who are also FLAMES OF FIRE (Heb. 1:7).

And the whole world will be judged BY US! After death, all the dead will be resurrected, they will all be judged, they will have to pass through the purifying lake of fire, they will have to PASS THROUGH US! WE will be their judge along with our Lord.

"Know ye not that the SAINTS SHALL JUDGE THE WORLD?"

And so, the GREAT SEA OF HUMANITY will be judged in the safety and security of the LAKE OF SAINTS!

The saints are the chosen and faithful who will reign with Christ when He returns to rule his kingdom. Also referred to as His 'elect', they have been ordained from the foundation of the world [Rom 8:29-30] to have this high calling. It is all of God as only He chooses and places the desire in our hearts to strive for this calling. If one is to be of the elect/saints, there is nothing that can prevent this as it is God who is choosing in all his sovereignty.

Hope this helps,

Marques

P.S.  LOL musicman  :D

Beloved

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 12:52:14 PM »

Here are the lyrics Musicman now go practice on your horn

http://www.springsteenlyrics.com/lyrics/w/whenthesaintsgomarchingin.php

beloved

EKnight

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 03:06:08 PM »

So the elect? 

And the saints will judge angels?  What are angels? 

Eileen

ScarletWren

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008, 04:06:31 PM »

I was always under the impression that all believers in Jesus Christ are saints, that it is not some elevated, lofty position that some groups (such as the Catholics) like to bestow upon certain people.  Even the elect are not elected on their own "merits", but by the purpose and calling of the Father and all their "good" works are/were authored and performed by Him.

Just my two cents worth, tho I'm sure it's not even worth that to many.

Martinez

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2008, 04:39:20 PM »

Benny Hinn must know who the saints are, He addresses them a lot.

:)

mharrell08

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2008, 04:44:47 PM »

So the elect? 

And the saints will judge angels?  What are angels? 

Eileen

Here's an email from Ray regarding angels:

Hi Ray,

(Matthew 18:10 KJVA)  Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.

I have a question about guardian angels. Does scripture support this concept? What did Jesus mean by "their angels"?

Your brother,

Pat

[Ray Replies]

Dear Pat:

Interesting question!

The phrase "guarding angel" does not appear in Scripture. And, as you probably already know, a much better and more accurate translation for angels is "messengers."

Now then, do messengers "guard" us or anyone? Do they serve other functions a the behest of God?

Yes, they do.  Here is a direct statement about just what messengers do:

"But to which of the angels [messengers] said He at any time, Sit on My right hand, until I make your enemies your footstool?   Are they [messengers] not ALL MINISTERING SPIRITS, sent forth to MINISTER for THEM WHO SHALL BE HEIRS OF SALVATION?"

So we all have "ministering spiritual ministers (angels--messengers) from heaven" performing many things in our behalf.

Notice that Jesus said in Matt. 18:10 that these angels "...always behold the face of My Father which is in heaven." The "face" is used in Scripture as that which is most intimate--the face houses the eyes which are the windows of the soul. The angels of heaven are most attentive to the very sincerest wishes of the Father. Next let's look at an example of just such an one actually performing a task on earth which came from the "face of the Father":

"And there appeared unto him [Zascharias--father of John Baptist] an ANGEL of the Lord standing on the right side of the altar of incense... And the angel answering said unto him, I am Gabriel, that STAND IN THE PRESENCE OF GOD [in the presence of HIS FACE]; and am SENT [they are MINISTERING spirits] to speak unto thee, and to show you these glad tidings" (Luke 1:11 & 19).

Now Gabriel is of pretty high rank, and as such may not be assigned to any one of us personally, but rather is used for the very most important messages. However, they are all ably trained to do their jobs. None has ever spoken to me directly... yet.

Now just because angels do not speak to us audibly and in plain sight, does not preclude that they do no continue ministering unto us to this very day.

Hope this helps your understanding a little better.

God be with you,

Ray

Marques

Beloved

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2008, 04:47:12 PM »

Here are all of the words used for Saint

G40  ἅγιος  hagios  hag'-ee-os
(an awful thing) compare G53, [H2282]; sacred (physically pure, morally blameless or religious, ceremonially consecrated): - (most) holy (one, thing), saint.

G53  ἁγνός  hagnos  hag-nos'
From the same as G40; properly clean, that is, (figuratively) innocent, modest, perfect: - chaste, clean, pure.

H2623   חסיד châsîyd  khaw-seed'
From H2616; properly kind, that is, (religiously) pious (a saint): - godly (man), good, holy (one), merciful, saint, [un-] godly.

H6918    דשׁ    קדושׁ   qâdôsh  qâdôsh   kaw-doshe', kaw-doshe'
From H6942; sacred (ceremonially or morally); (as noun) God (by eminence), an angel, a saint, a sanctuary: - holy (One), saint.

H6944    קדשׁ    qôdesh  ko'-desh
From H6942; a sacred place or thing; rarely abstractly sanctity: - consecrated (thing), dedicated (thing), hallowed (thing), holiness, (X most) holy (X day, portion, thing), saint, sanctuary.

H4480   מנּי    מנּי    מן    min  minnîy  minnêy   min, min-nee', min-nay'
For H4482; properly a part of; hence (prepositionally), from or out of in many senses: - above, after, among, at, because of, by (reason of), from (among), in, X neither, X nor, (out) of, over, since, X then, through, X whether, with.

If any one has a strong linked to the LXX they could look and see which of the above H (Hebrew) wrods was translated into the greek work  Hagos

I think 'saints' is pointing to the called out, not the called...

However those called to Christ are therefore "clean" by the blood of jesus .....but not their feet....they are not following Christ in the Way , they have not died to self, and Christ in not working in them at this time.  

If someone could find out the Septuagint with a stongs and what itsays it would be helpful...I need one of these on my Esword...so I can compare how the Jewish religious translated the Hebrew into Greek.

beloved

mharrell08

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2008, 04:53:10 PM »

I was always under the impression that all believers in Jesus Christ are saints, that it is not some elevated, lofty position that some groups (such as the Catholics) like to bestow upon certain people.  Even the elect are not elected on their own "merits", but by the purpose and calling of the Father and all their "good" works are/were authored and performed by Him.

Just my two cents worth, tho I'm sure it's not even worth that to many.

Romans 8

28  And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

29  For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30  Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Scarlet,

You are right when stating is is all of God and not some group who chooses to bestow themselves like the Catholics. But the position is without a doubt a lofty position as the saints shall REIGN with Christ upon his return and judge the rest of humanity to bring them into salvation. This is truly a high calling and lofty position:

Phil 3:14  I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Hope this helps,

Marques

ScarletWren

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2008, 05:19:57 PM »

1 Cor. 1:1   Paul, a called apostle of Jesus Christ, through God's will, and Sosthenes the brother, 2, unto the assembly of God which is in Corinth, Sanctified in Christ Jesus, called saints, with all who call upon the name of our Lord.....

Romans 1:7   ...unto all that are in Rome, beloved of God, called saints.....

2 Cor. 1:  Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus.....unto the assembly of God which is in Corinth, together with all the saints who are in the whole of Achaia;...

Ephesians 1:1  Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus, through God's will, unto the saints who are in Ephesus and faithful in Christ Jesus,...

Philippians 1:1  Paul and Timothy, Servants of Jesus Christ, unto all the saints in Christ Jesus who are in Philippi, with overseers and ministers...

Colossians 1:2  ...unto the holy and faithful brethren in Christ that are in Colosse...

Was Paul just writing to the elect or called out ones?  Did he know or did they know who would be the ones who would overcome?

Where in the scriptures you quoted does it say that those are expressly and only the people to be called saints?  Truly those who overcome are saints, but does that mean the rest of the assembly are not called saints?  Were each and everyone of the assemblies Paul addressed overcomers?  When I read those epistles it surely doesn't seem so to me especailly some of the strong admonitions Paul delivered to some of them.

Don't forget the ones who will be reigning with Christ are going to be servants, Christ always emphasized that He came to serve not to be served.  Though it will indeed be a privilege to serve under Jesus Christ, and ultimately the Father, I just think we still tend to think of saints in terms of someone to be held in awe.   It is true that I will be so honored to meet Paul some day, but still, he was the world's worst sinner by his own estimation before Jesus threw him to the ground.

Beloved

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2008, 05:38:47 PM »

I agree that is what is written in the literal, but

those that have eyes to and ears to hear ....read the spiritual

Paul knew that wolves had crept in, he wrote to his audience that was a mix of wheat and tares....to the those enduring they now see Gods plan and know that All will be in all. The ultimate choice of the chosen is Gods. Since His word will not return void

What he wrote is True for both but at different times the two together will then bring in the grape harvest

Of course they will be servants....rule and reign / priests and kings /  shepards and counselors/  We will still be following the way of Christ as part of HIS BODY.

This is not what the church today believes. They think they will be living high on the hog, masters of the world and  living in golden mansions and in all the luxory of the world...but as the venerable Gump would say " carnal is as carnal does"   

beloved

beloved
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 05:49:23 PM by Beloved »

mharrell08

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2008, 05:41:34 PM »

Where in the scriptures you quoted does it say that those are expressly and only the people to be called saints?  Truly those who overcome are saints, but does that mean the rest of the assembly are not called saints?  Were each and everyone of the assemblies Paul addressed overcomers?  When I read those epistles it surely doesn't seem so to me especailly some of the strong admonitions Paul delivered to some of them.

Don't forget the ones who will be reigning with Christ are going to be servants, Christ always emphasized that He came to serve not to be served.  Though it will indeed be a privilege to serve under Jesus Christ, and ultimately the Father, I just think we still tend to think of saints in terms of someone to be held in awe.   It is true that I will be so honored to meet Paul some day, but still, he was the world's worst sinner by his own estimation before Jesus threw him to the ground.

Scarlet, I think there is somewhat of a miscommunication going on. When I stated 'saints' it was in the regard of those who continued in the faith and to be in the 1st resurrection, whoever they are. If those in the congregation that Paul spoke to did not continue in the faith, then they are not saints then, right?

The saints who are to judge to the world is only a high calling because it is God who bestows this glory upon them. Though Paul addressed the whole congregation as saints, as he or no one else had personal knowledge as to who the elect are, this is spoken to them if they continue in the faith.

Hope this clears up any confusion,

Marques

aqrinc

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2008, 05:58:56 PM »

The Highest Calling of All is to be a servant to the least one of all. This is my understanding of what the Scriptures teach
in that regard. Saints are converted sinners, so we all are becoming Saints since we are all sinners. The Elect are part of
First Fruits (Saints) the Great Harvest are Saved sinners (Saints).

george.

Beloved

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2008, 06:04:17 PM »

Bingo George,  short and sweet  ;D

Beloved

mharrell08

« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2008, 08:29:40 PM »

The Highest Calling of All is to be a servant to the least one of all. This is my understanding of what the Scriptures teach
in that regard. Saints are converted sinners, so we all are becoming Saints since we are all sinners. The Elect are part of

george.

Thanks George...short and sweet indeed.  :)

Marques

ScarletWren

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2008, 08:49:45 PM »

Wow,

So Paul only literally called them saints, but didn't mean it.  Fine, whatever.  In love I consider all believers saints, You can call them whatever you want.

sigh

mharrell08

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2008, 10:31:20 PM »

Wow,

So Paul only literally called them saints, but didn't mean it.  Fine, whatever.  In love I consider all believers saints, You can call them whatever you want.

sigh

Why do you insist on implying negative connotations that have no merit? If there was one comment that deserved this slander, please point it out. This is not that complicated:

You are a 'saint' if God has called and chosen you and you remain faithful to the end. If you are not called and chosen and do not endure to the end, you are not.

No one knows who will be faithful and overcome to the very end. But as they are in the faith now, they are called saints. But if they do not endure to the end and turn away from the truth, then they obviously are not saints.

I can understand everyone not understanding everything. That's fine; as we are all striving for the truth. But the over the top attitude is not edifying in the least. Are we really having a blowout over the definition of the word 'saints'? I mean come on, are we really this carnal? It's not that serious...

Marques

Beloved

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2008, 11:30:02 PM »

Scarlet Wren you said
So Paul only literally called them saints, but didn't mean it.

In my post I tried to show that it is God that inspired Paul to write...the words that he did.  Instead of reading them from Pauls view , perhaps you can try reading them from Gods view...see things as they will be

Marques point that those who do not endure will not be " in that number"
God is really taking to those that will endure .

I think that each of us have to look at ourselves and not at others...the judgements and trials will be ours as individual to endure. In another post they talk about receiving a new name....we cannot focus on that either...we need to focus on today and our own daily growth as Christ works in us.

I love thinking about being a saint, a chosen or elect or bride...., but thinking that I am there already would only be presumptious....God has people in mind since the foundation. I can only stay focused in His word, follow Him and obey..

I hope you are not getting too frustrated, things we see today can be different from the things we see next month when God opens the scriptures for us .

beloved

aqrinc

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2008, 02:36:35 AM »

ScarletWren,

Sorry i had to leave for a few hours; please do not misunderstand my post below. If there is something that is confusing
there let me know so i can clarify it.

george.

george.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.