bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't find a scripture that Ray mentioned  (Read 4463 times)

Jody Edwards

Can't find a scripture that Ray mentioned
« on: October 27, 2008, 11:31:28 AM »

Hi everyone.  I am trying to find a scripture that Ray once referred to.  Ray said that scripture says that Paul had the final say in scripture or that Paul writings completed God's word or something along those lines.  I have been in an email discussion with a person who his trying to prove that God pours out His wrath on our "old man" and that is what causes our "old man" to die.  Of course, this is completely false and I have proved it over and over again with scripture to him.  But he won't accept it.  None of the scriptures he uses are from Paul writings.  I argued that Paul specifically taught that when we come to Christ we find mercy, love and grace - not wrath.  And I want to say that Paul's writings complete God's Word or something to that effect.  I know I have heard Ray quote a scripture that says that Paul was given the complete Truth or words to that effect but I just cannot find it.  Does anyone know what scripture Ray was referring to?
Jody Edwards

OBrenda

Re: Can't find a scripture that Ray mentioned
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 12:51:19 PM »

Hi Jody just saying hi to you and Julie!
 :)
Brenda

Sorry don't know how to answer, but interested!

Beloved

Re: Can't find a scripture that Ray mentioned
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 09:21:50 PM »

This site shows the chronology of paul's letters  and compares it to Acts.

http://www.bombaxo.com/paulchron.html

This verse mentions that Paul was gathering his material to organize it.

(2Ti 4:13)  The cloak that I left at Troas with Carpus, when thou comest, bring with thee, and the books, but especially the parchments.

Paul was a murderer and major presecuter of the early church

1Ti 1:16  Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might show forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

Eph 2:4  But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
2Co 4:1  Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not;

Rom 5:9  Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him

(Rom 9:20)  Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
(Rom 9:21)  Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honor, and another unto dishonor?
(Rom 9:22) What if God, willing to show his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
(Rom 9:23)  And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

beloved

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 20 queries.