bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: It should be obvious, God will save all  (Read 8488 times)

legoman

It should be obvious, God will save all
« on: October 27, 2008, 02:40:47 PM »

The other day, I had this revelation in the shower (that's when all the best thinking happens).

I know this should have been obvious to me, but for some reason I just wasn't getting the full meaning of these verses.  Even after reading and rereading Ray's material for the last year.

1 Cor 3
13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Here is how I had been reading these verses.  I was looking at these 3 verses through the rosecolored (hell must be rosy because of all that fire) glasses of Christendom.  Here is how I was reading it.  Every man will be judged.  And those that are saved (by Christ) will be saved by that fire.

Then, applying Ray's teaching on top, since the Christ's chosen are saved here by fire, it is reasonable to conclude that the lake of fire is the saving mechanism for the unbelievers (taking into account all other verses etc.).

Now, stop.  What was the mistake I made?  I thank God that he removed the rosecolored glasses.  It is so obvious, these 3 verses should be the poster child for God saving all.  Forget about any Lake of Fire references.  Forget about 1 Tim 4:10, 2 Peter 3:9.  People still 'weasel' a belief in hell out of those verses.  But 1 Cor 3:13-15 says it clearly:

EVERY MAN SHALL BE SAVED BY FIRE!

See it?  You all probably think I'm silly for pointing out the obvious, but I didn't see it until I stepped out of the shower last week!

Every man's work shall be judged by fire.  But if any man's work is burnt up, he is still saved. The "any man's work" means EVERY man's work. Therfore these verses concisely say that everyone will be saved!

Kevin "pointing out the obvious" Legoman

mharrell08

Re: It should be obvious, God will save all
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 03:02:39 PM »

The other day, I had this revelation in the shower (that's when all the best thinking happens).

I know this should have been obvious to me, but for some reason I just wasn't getting the full meaning of these verses.  Even after reading and rereading Ray's material for the last year.

1 Cor 3
13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Here is how I had been reading these verses.  I was looking at these 3 verses through the rosecolored (hell must be rosy because of all that fire) glasses of Christendom.  Here is how I was reading it.  Every man will be judged.  And those that are saved (by Christ) will be saved by that fire.

Then, applying Ray's teaching on top, since the Christ's chosen are saved here by fire, it is reasonable to conclude that the lake of fire is the saving mechanism for the unbelievers (taking into account all other verses etc.).

Now, stop.  What was the mistake I made?  I thank God that he removed the rosecolored glasses.  It is so obvious, these 3 verses should be the poster child for God saving all.  Forget about any Lake of Fire references.  Forget about 1 Tim 4:10, 2 Peter 3:9.  People still 'weasel' a belief in hell out of those verses.  But 1 Cor 3:13-15 says it clearly:

EVERY MAN SHALL BE SAVED BY FIRE!

See it?  You all probably think I'm silly for pointing out the obvious, but I didn't see it until I stepped out of the shower last week!

Every man's work shall be judged by fire.  But if any man's work is burnt up, he is still saved. The "any man's work" means EVERY man's work. Therfore these verses concisely say that everyone will be saved!

Kevin "pointing out the obvious" Legoman

Great reference Kevin :D

I showed these verses to a pair of Jehovah's witnesses at my door one morning. They stated, "That's interesting"...and then headed for the next house on the block.  ;D

Isa 52:7  How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!

Thanks,

Marques

Marlene

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 03:47:00 PM »

Kevin , That is fantastic. I have heard ministers preach on that. I know the way they say that verse is for the believers. After, reading Ray this verse you are right says so much more. I belive the reward is the elect. The just being saved is the rest of humantiy. That is a perfect scripture for all will be saved.

Thanks for pointing that out Kevin, I was not thinking of it quite like that. I had a little of my rose colored glasses affecting me too.

In His Love,
Marlene

Martinez

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 04:13:51 PM »

You want to talk about how obvious that everyone is being saved?

How about the fact that the elect are called the first fruits, and you can't have a first fruits without an in-gathering!

Add to that you have a first resurrection for the first fruits and a second Resurrection for the in-gathering, then you have the makings of complete obviousness!

Marlene

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 04:40:44 PM »

Well, there we have two witness among many for all will be saved. This has been really interesting for a new believer in this.

In His Love,
Marlene

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 05:38:40 PM »

Quote from: mharrell08

I showed these verses to a pair of Jehovah's witnesses at my door one morning. They stated, "That's interesting"...and then headed for the next house on the block.  ;D

Marques

I was placed on the JW's "Do Not Disturb" list.  ;D

Marlene

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 10:14:43 PM »

I had Mormons come to my house. I had a Spitz mix Samoyed Dog. I had the guard on my door and she come flying out with her hair all raised and they said, "Oh, my a Wolf." Never ever saw them again. LOL

AK4

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008, 10:33:13 PM »

Hi Legoman

You gotta think about like this, God can hide anything from anyone and it can be right in their face--look how blind we all were once before---look how Jesus blinded the eyes of those He appeared to after His resurrection--They just spent 3 and half years with Him and they didnt even recognize him. 

Theres so much in the Word that should be so obvious but we dont know all of what God is going to reveal either.

Anthony

Heidi

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2008, 08:36:34 AM »

Hi Legoman

You gotta think about like this, God can hide anything from anyone and it can be right in their face--look how blind we all were once before---look how Jesus blinded the eyes of those He appeared to after His resurrection--They just spent 3 and half years with Him and they didnt even recognize him. 

Theres so much in the Word that should be so obvious but we dont know all of what God is going to reveal either.

Anthony

That is so true Anthony....we have all been blind at one stage, I sometimes am amazed at it, "how is it possible not to have seen this before?", but then again, it was not meant for me to see it then.  Yet....try and show it to someone and they can't see the obvious.  What a double-edged sword we have.

legoman

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2008, 02:11:01 PM »

Kevin , That is fantastic. I have heard ministers preach on that. I know the way they say that verse is for the believers. After, reading Ray this verse you are right says so much more. I belive the reward is the elect. The just being saved is the rest of humantiy. That is a perfect scripture for all will be saved.

Thanks for pointing that out Kevin, I was not thinking of it quite like that. I had a little of my rose colored glasses affecting me too.

In His Love,
Marlene

Hi Marlene,

Yes it is amazing reading the bible now with the rose colored glasses removed.  Scriptures that didn't make sense or seemed contradictory now show how loving God really is.  Things will start to pop out at you.

Regarding it being "obvious".  Yes it should be obvious to all, but it is not.  I mean I was still reading some verses the "old" way, and I've known the truth for almost a year.  How can we expect people who have been indoctrinated their whole life to see the truths?

God was very clever when he set this up, it makes me laugh sometimes.  When I realize something "obvious" for the first time, sometimes I will literally say out loud "WOW, that was a good one Lord, you really got me that time!"  Kind of like when someone gives you a puzzle or a magic trick, and you can't figure it out until they show you how it works.  We have to wait for God to show us how it all works, one little piece at a time.

Kevin

Marlene

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2008, 03:55:03 PM »

Kevin, I am 54 years old. This is like taking a trip back to the past. As, when I was a little child. Before, I was in organized church. I remember reading that he was the Saviour Of The World. I trusted him so much. Then, life got into the way. I learned the traditions of man.  He sure is patient cause I would never had put up with anyone like me for that many years. LOL

It is strange to look back, and see the plan he has for each of us. Especially, when we had other plans. He had plans for the good we did, that we thought was us. He gave us the falls we took to teach us and humble us.

Now, I just say your will God. I don't really want to ask for anything else. Now, I know he is in control. I am tired of that old job that never existed for me to do anyway. I tried things my way, they did not work.

I love find all the proofs that all are saved. He sure does show us we are blind and so in need of him. It is an awesome feeling , to see him show us his glory.

In His Love,
Marlene

winner08

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2008, 05:25:08 PM »

Marlene You mention that you were tired of that old Job that you tryed things your way. So You gave it for God to do. Gave God  control. Even though He had it the whole time. It sounds funny now that we know the truth. we never did have contol.

Darren

Marlene

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2008, 09:10:01 PM »

Darren, Amen to that! Yes, so true he just took me out of it and I am glad. I was not in the right position. Me in need and Him in control is the way it should be. I had to die to that idea.

Marlene

20en^y

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2008, 11:39:04 PM »

hi you all, first time on this forum, am really please to have come across rays site, his highlights on the word of God has helped and strenthen my understanding of the scriptures,  i am sure now (thanks to rays teachings through the power of our lord Jeus Christ.) that i did not "free will" myself to this site after round about eleven years away from fellowship with mainstream christianity, anyways, seeing 1cor.3:12-15, just brought to mind 1peter1:7,1pt.4:12-13, and other scripture i cant find at the moment, the fire all ways seems to be there when it comes to our purification throughout this journey....   Godspeed. 

mharrell08

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2008, 11:42:16 PM »

hi you all, first time on this forum, am really please to have come across rays site, his highlights on the word of God has helped and strenthen my understanding of the scriptures,  i am sure now (thanks to rays teachings through the power of our lord Jeus Christ.) that i did not "free will" myself to this site after round about eleven years away from fellowship with mainstream christianity, anyways, seeing 1cor.3:12-15, just brought to mind 1peter1:7,1pt.4:12-13, and other scripture i cant find at the moment, the fire all ways seems to be there when it comes to our purification throughout this journey....   Godspeed. 

Great to have you on the forum 20en^y...yea, who would have thought, fire actually being good!  :D

Marques

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2008, 09:56:18 AM »

Hi 20en^y,

I, too, would like to welcome you to the forum.  It would be nice if you would introduce youself on the Introduction/Announcement board.  In that way, more people would probably see that you are new here and get a chance to officially welcome you. :)

René

cjwood

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2008, 01:05:53 AM »

Great to have you on the forum 20en^y...yea, who would have thought, fire actually being good!  :D

hi 20en^y,
welcome to our family and to your new home for fellowship. just as marques said, who would have thought, fire actually being good! and add to that the truth about the brimestone!!!!!!!!!!  totally amazing stuff this is. i can only say, read and study, read and study, study and read, study and read...

love in Him
claudia

Marques
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 20 queries.