bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blessed  (Read 4383 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Blessed
« on: October 29, 2008, 06:46:31 PM »

Hi Ray,

The Lord is blowing my doors off - amazing!!! My mind is going tilt but my spirit is so excited. I've been a believer since 1977 and I've never been this vivacious. What you share makes both logical and spiritual sense.

I was just reading through the email responses to the trinity article and trying to pick sense of reader's scriptural justifications. In my opinion, their scriptural arguments didn't stack up.

For example, the SUBSTANCE of God in Heb. 1:3, the NLT denotes the CHARACTER OF GOD,  That would seem more accurate.

“ The Son radiates God’s own glory and expresses the very character of God, and he sustains everything by the mighty power of his command. < SPAN id=AI2>When he had cleansed us from our sins, he sat down in the place of honor at the right hand of the majestic God in heaven. “
As I was trying to wrap my mind around the ONE concept I thought about a husband and wife being one flesh and how the husband is the head of the wife and how that is a mystery; then you referred to that very scripture. Oh my, my, I didn't just get it, I truly got it! If you put that at the beginning of your paper, I wonder if it would set the stage for the rest. Yet, even as I write that statement, I know there are those who won't get it. Even if someone comes back from death, they won't believe. Oh for eyes that see, ears that hear and hearts that respond.

I have never felt free to be an effective witness but last evening when my daughter-in-law asked me what was new, I told her unashamedly that I was so excited about things I'm learning about God after 31 years. It was so genuine!! It's a new forest and I'm just starting to look at each tree. So often I've felt like the words of a song by Chris Rice. "Sometimes finding You is just like trying to smell the color nine." The truth has been so obscured that even believers struggle to see it. Mark was so right in chapter 7 (NLT). Particularly verses 8 & 13.

6 Jesus replied, “You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you, for he wrote,

‘These people honor me with their lips,
      but their hearts are far from me.
    7 Their worship is a farce,
      for they teach man-made ideas as commands from God.’[d]

8 For you ignore God’s law and substitute your own tradition.”

9 Then he said, “You skillfully sidestep God’s law in order to hold on to your own tradition. 10 For instance, Moses gave you this law from God: ‘Honor your father and mother,’[e] and ‘Anyone who speaks disrespectfully of father or mother must be put to death.’[f] 11 But you say it is all right for people to say to their parents, ‘Sorry, I can’t help you. For I have vowed to give to God what I would have given to you.’[g] 12 In this way, you let them disregard their needy parents. 13 And so you cancel the word of God in order to hand down your own tradition. And this is only one example among many others.”

I have never hungered in my spirit or my emotions like I am this past two weeks. It seemed my spirit and emotions were at odds when it came to the things of God, sometimes. As hard as I tried, I couldn't reconcile. Yet this is God's time for me and all my willing couldn't change what was. Truly all my days are written in His book before any of them happen. I've always known He is sovereign but now I'm understanding His sovereignty more than ever before.
I am so thankful that God has given you the courage and strength to continually stand up to those who struggle to understand and those who oppose. I've received as much from your replies as I have your articles.

Well, most go read and learn more.

Continued blessings,
Rose

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.