bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3,000 year old Hebrew text found.  (Read 6448 times)

Richard D

3,000 year old Hebrew text found.
« on: October 31, 2008, 07:41:32 AM »

I found this article interesting and thought I should post it for your viewing.

http://rss.cnn.com/~r/rss/cnn_topstories/~3/437489960/index.html

Ninny

Re: 3,000 year old Hebrew text found.
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 01:55:03 AM »

Wow! Richard that is very interesting, thanks for sharing that! I'd be interested to know what they actually find written on it.
Kathy :)

Beloved

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 02:22:19 AM »

The site of Khirbet Qeiyafa is located near the place where the Bible describes the battle between David and Goliath -- the Elah Valley, which shares its name with the fortress.

Perhaps it was a bet from the uncircumsized Phillisteine. Not being being Jewish their hebrew writing was ilegible.  that is why the experts today can barely interpret it.

it says

My guy can beat your guy          na na..na na...  na

Winner gets to be king ... the loser get to be slaves...you be the judge

mystery solved    ;D

beloved

aqrinc

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 02:40:17 AM »

Wow Beloved, i never knew you spoke Philistinean :P have you been holding out on us ???. ;D

Richard, I did see this earlier today but just now read it from your link.

george.

The site of Khirbet Qeiyafa is located near the place where the Bible describes the battle between David and Goliath -- the Elah Valley, which shares its name with the fortress.

Perhaps it was a bet from the uncircumsized Phillisteine. Not being being Jewish their hebrew writing was ilegible.  that is why the experts today can barely interpret it.

it says

My guy can beat your guy          na na..na na...  na

Winner gets to be king ... the loser get to be slaves...you be the judge

mystery solved    ;D

beloved
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 02:41:50 AM by aqr »

Ninny

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 02:47:04 AM »

Great Beloved, now I don't have to wait for them to figure it all out! cool!  ;D
Kathy ;)

aqrinc

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2008, 02:53:18 AM »

Ninny,

I think we are going to have to pump er squeeze err work her over i mean, (you know what i mean) ???for more
information on where and when she learned philistinean.  ;D

Heidi

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2008, 06:25:49 AM »

I read the article yesterday on the internet and had a giggle because they found something only now that can place writings at the time of King David.....whereas......we here at BT know that Adam recorded and how do we know......we believe in the scriptures. ;D

Beloved

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2008, 07:01:27 PM »

Are you kidding I bought Rosetta Stone, learn Spanish CD for 300.00 and then the Chinese CD.  ;D 

As a bonus they sent me the learn to speak and read Philistinean CD.  :P

beloved

aqrinc

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2008, 08:45:59 PM »

Beloved,

How did you get the philistinean module for Rosetta Stone ???, i searched all over philistine and
the internet but could not get it anywhere.

george.  ;D

Beloved

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2008, 09:21:01 PM »

Legacy I guess ...my great great great great great great great great grandpappy on my fathers side moved there from Caphthor. 
 (see Jeremiah 47:4)

The CD has lots of pictures of very tall people .. ::)   I have not learned anything yet...but that piece of pottery looks likes it sounds and it all sounds like Greek to me.   But then again my Spanish isn't any better, I can say red cat ...roho gotto ....but it does not come up often in conversatin.  ;D

I do not understand why I am not learning this  I picked up German really fast and exempted it as a language when I was in college. I tlearned Latin I to IV when I was being raised in catholism but no one speaks that anymore.

I like languages that are throaty and gutteral not these roly tongue languages. I like Chinese but it is hard to learn to speak it, it is very tonal and sing song, my hearing is going.

beloved

aqrinc

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2008, 09:28:37 PM »

Beloved,

You have been corrupted :P, i am sorry but you leave me no choice. Welcome to the (Love your
Moderater's Club ;)) (watch your ps and qs). Joyful1  8)is the founding member on 9-19-08, i have
some proof of this that may stand up to cursory examination ???.

Lol Lol ;D

george.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 09:30:25 PM by aqr »

aqrinc

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2008, 09:37:44 PM »

Aha, so he was running away from the coast. Bad move for the time though, out of the frying
pan into the philistines. :o

george.

Legacy I guess ...my great great great great great great great great grandpappy on my fathers side moved there from Caphthor. 
 (see Jeremiah 47:4)

beloved

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.