bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: College?  (Read 4960 times)

nightmare sasuke

College?
« on: May 24, 2006, 09:39:56 PM »

What should I major in in college and what should I do to prepare for it via 11th and 12th grade in highschool?

The only things I enjoy is the Word of God and writing.

What do you think?

gmik

college
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 11:52:40 PM »

Journalism major at a "Bible College"??  :lol:  I agree with Isabell-having a degree will help as far as jobs go. ( Keep close to the Lord, remember it is He  directing your steps anyway.) And there are lots of people who didn't go to college that are doing fine.  Without knowing you or any circumstances, as a teacher, I would say at least plan to go to college so take HS courses to help toward that end-Then if you don't or something else shows up, no harm done.  It is all in God's will.

Becky

College?
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 10:44:58 AM »

I didn't want to go to college at first... then my dad said to try it for a quarter.  I actually wanted to be a captain of a sailboat! REally!!!! But alas, I took an art class.... and after being undecided for a year,  I just walked right over to the art office and signed up... on my way back to the dorm, I thought, gee, this was an easy decision! I think too much and this had to have been a push from God!  Be interested in your future, but let God lead you!  :wink:

Proverbs 16:9
In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.

Jeremiah 10:23
[ Jeremiah's Prayer ] I know, O LORD, that a man's life is not his own; it is not for man to direct his steps

SandyFla

College?
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 02:37:42 PM »

It seems that journalism would be a good choice for you.

I can see you someday as writer or editor of a magazine that tells the truth of God's Word.

But then, that's just my vision. God may have better things in mind for you!  :)  He'll let you know.

nightmare sasuke

College?
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 07:40:16 PM »

Quote from: SandyFla
It seems that journalism would be a good choice for you.

I can see you someday as writer or editor of a magazine that tells the truth of God's Word.

But then, that's just my vision. God may have better things in mind for you!  :)  He'll let you know.

I'd like to be a novelist, encode the Truths of God in my novels, while making comments on religious society.

On the other hand… studying religious history… or becoming a historian sounds great.

Eventually I’d like to translate the Bible. I’m not sure how’d you go about preparing for that.

eutychus

College?
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2006, 12:16:14 PM »

astro physics, molecular chemistry, partical excelleration.

NS,

you will be fine, just keep seeking the LORD.

peace
chuckt

joyful1

on choosing a major
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2006, 04:39:17 PM »

I can pretty much understand your anxiety and frustration....you want to do so much and God is showing you a bit of what He wants you to know about His plans for you....but you want to know it all and right NOW....and you don't want to waste your time, which by now you realize is VERY precious!  But I know a lot of people who looked back after 20, 30 or 40 years of doing something that they thought at first was a waste of time....only to realize that in the end....that very thing had been their calling all along! But in all honesty....you have to start somewhere....have you taken the SAT and were you ok with your results? Look at not only what you LIKE doing....but look at what you are GOOD at....trying out new ideas in the areas that you are good at will almost always yield a list of things that you DIDNT even know that you liked!  okay....my 2 cents are in! :)

hart4god

College?
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2006, 10:06:28 AM »

Hi,

It is so exciting to be at that place in your life where the whole world and the future is open to you! Enjoy it!

As for your highschool classes- I can tell you are a bright and articulate person - so do not hide your light under a bushell - take all the great higher level courses you can- this will keep all the doors open to you as you work through your path-take enough math and science and foreign languages to be admitted to any college. Challenge yourself now and you will see where your passion lies-and believe me the Study and Application of the Word will benefit you IN EVERY THING you undertake. In science and math there is tremedous discovery of God's depth! In writing and English you can learn to express your beliefs in a articulate and convincing way and the study of Literature will give you insight into the ways that people think. If you are involved in the arts at all it is a great place to demonstrate the gifts God gives to people and express beauty and His creative nature.

Keep your options open!

You are so wonderfully young and full of life!
God Bless your heart!
hart4god
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 20 queries.