bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I!! Have!! Had it!!!  (Read 9092 times)

musicman

I!! Have!! Had it!!!
« on: October 31, 2008, 10:49:51 PM »

I am so sick of Halloween!!  Every stinking year I go through the same thing!!  I go to my school and see all of these kids dressed up like ghouls, goblins, witches, devils, George Dub Ya, etc.  I, of course, never wear a costume.  That doesn't stop everyone from bombarding me with, "nice mask, MusicMan".  Wow, what a scary mask, MusicMan.  Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!, look at MusicMan's mask!!  I then say, "but, I'm not wearing a. .. . . . . .",  "Hey, you look like a freak MusicMan"!!  Where'd you get that mask, MusicMan?"   Again, I try to say "Excuse me young man, I'm not wearing a mask.  This is my real fa. . . . . . ."  "Ha ha MusicMan, you look scary".  "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!  The MusicMan looks like a Music freak today, help!!  I want my mommy!!" 

I don't wear masks, ever!!!  This!!  has got!!  to stop!!!  They won't leave me alone!!  I say "well, I guess it's Halloween for me every day of the year, kids!!  Hey, now I'm Bob the Butcher!!  Come here you little. . . . . . . .. . .. . . . . .... . . . . ."
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 10:51:32 PM by musicman »

aqrinc

Re: I!! Have!! Had it!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 10:57:59 PM »

Wow musicman, temperrrr temperrrrr.  >:(

trick or treat? stay away from my little pixies you masked man you, oh thats your real face?  :o

;D  8)  :D

Ninny

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 11:16:18 PM »

Musicman,
Maybe you should just take a sick day every Oct. 31st! I mean it beats losing your mind! I hate the way EVERYONE thinks it's imperative to dress up for the day! My husband and I went out to dinner tonight and each and every waitress, waiter, server, and hostess were in full regalia complete with masks makeup and costumes! WHAT is the DEAL?? I second your frustration! BUT these people are deluded we have to remember that. Cheer up soon it will be Thanksgiving then you can dress up like a turkey!! ;)
Keep smiling!
Kathy :)

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 01:34:41 AM »

just curious musicman,
what grade do you teach? before my husband went back to working in the oilfield industry he had been teaching for 10 yrs. started out teaching junior high, then on to high school, then back to middle school. he had to quit teaching because he said he was afraid he would end up hating all kids. of course, keep in mind that he is not a believer, so the hate thing is relevant to him. anyway, just curious what age group you are teaching, or scaring with your mug. you are beautiful to us though.

claudia

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 02:28:54 AM »

I went to see some friends this afternoon who were on their way out of town.  She looked terrible, but I was afraid to say anything.  How do you say to a woman, "You look terrible!!" without it sounding like an insult?

It took a few minutes of conversation to suss out that they were on their way out of town for a Halloween shindig and she was going as a witch.  I was just about to ask her if she had run face first into a wasp-nest.  I think her husband's plan was to go as a red-neck...nowhere near as much makeup required.

It'll all be over tomorrow, Musicman.  Then they can mock you for some other reason. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Heidi

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2008, 06:30:28 AM »

Wow musicman, temperrrr temperrrrr.  >:(

trick or treat? stay away from my little pixies you masked man you, oh thats your real face?  :o

;D  8)  :D

LOL ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D.....you are very clever.......

martincisneros

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2008, 07:44:39 AM »

Maybe you could wear a hockey mask next year for Halloween and have a really big butcher knife that's bleeding a really dark cherry or strawberry koolaid that's a little on the thick side.  And then just start following someone silently with that butcher knife.  You might lose your job over it, but you'll have proven your point about how psychotic the whole affair is and how delluded the parents are that gleefully pay for that nonsense every year particularly while whining about the price of gas, utility bills, cell phone bills, food, insurance, etc.  If I ever got totally fed up with it, instead of being somewhere between amused and deeply annoyed, then that would be my plan along with eloquent letters to the newspapers protesting mocking and adding to the madness that already fills our world.  I'd just frighten someone until they couldn't bring themselves to ever see a horror movie ever again, while at the same time making a political campaign out of the whole thing with sending letters to various media outlets and publications. 

But since it's just one day out of the year, I blow off about 95% of it as an abused childhood, seeking attention, having forgotten to take their medication, undiagnoses/untreated illness, mad cow disease, an experiment in artificial stupidity, having lost a bet, drug abuse, alien implants having been activated, our tax dollars at work, a milder version of terrorism, and what happens when Bibles are neither read in the schools nor in the homes!   One of my major peeves about it is little kids having costumes that show too much skin.  If a grown woman wants to do the French Maid routine for her husband in the privacy of their own homes, that's one thing, and that's their business.  But when an eight to twelve year old girl's costume makes her look slutty, then I'm ready to call Child Protective Services and to kick the crap out of their parents whether they're wearing a donkey costume or not to reflect who and what they are for abusing the innocence and dignity of their children in that way and for letting a perverted society make a mockery out of them!

aqrinc

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2008, 12:54:18 PM »

Ok musicman,

Come out now, it is over for this year; oh oh what is that red spot on your cheek? you didn't, did you ???.
Well that will teach them not to ever ask you for a trick :-X; err i mean ask you to trick or treat  ;D. You
know fingerprint marks do disappear after a while or you can use an ice pack :'(. I think when the parents
ask trick or treat they are talking candy or prank. ROTF ;D LMBO :D

george.

EKnight

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2008, 01:15:09 PM »

What's the point in complaining or getting frustrated since it's all God's will?  Don't get me wrong, I do it all the time, but the truth of God's sovereignty is sometimes hard to accept.  But who are we to ask the Potter why He made us as such.

Eileen

Longhorn

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2008, 01:42:12 PM »

I used to go to office parties as a slobbering Wino, but I got tired of everyone asking me. Hey Longhorn, why didn't you dress up?

Love in Christ

Longhorn

musicman

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2008, 03:12:43 PM »

Ok musicman,

Come out now, it is over for this year; oh oh what is that red spot on your cheek? you didn't, did you ???.
Well that will teach them not to ever ask you for a trick :-X; err i mean ask you to trick or treat  ;D. You
know fingerprint marks do disappear after a while or you can use an ice pack :'(. I think when the parents

george.

Actually, I have three of the little brats tied up in my basement.

Oh, that's not true.  I don't have a basement.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 03:15:53 PM by musicman »

cjwood

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2008, 02:32:35 AM »

I used to go to office parties as a slobbering Wino, but I got tired of everyone asking me. Hey Longhorn, why didn't you dress up?

Love in Christ

Longhorn

i mean honestly longhorn,
did you ever consider being a comedian for real? you have some of the best comebacks i have ever heard. you crack me up. don't ever stop.

claudia

p.s.  does your avatar name have anything to do with the tx longhorn football team??

aqrinc

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2008, 03:17:42 AM »

Alert  :(Alert, hide the good beer, longhorn hates good beer :o. Thunderbird to the rescue please, musicman grab
a bottle or two, i am bringing the home made Tacos and Red hot Chile beans. Let's hook up with longhorn and we can
commiserate or congratulate each other on our great good fortune to be members of this Bible-Truths forum.

Oops almost forgot, beloved and joyful1 are coming so guys we need to wear sunday go to meeting togs; not Tongs ;D

george.

Longhorn

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2008, 12:52:10 PM »

Alert  :(Alert, hide the good beer, longhorn hates good beer :o. Thunderbird to the rescue please, musicman grab
a bottle or two, i am bringing the home made Tacos and Red hot Chile beans. Let's hook up with longhorn and we can
commiserate or congratulate each other on our great good fortune to be members of this Bible-Truths forum.

Oops almost forgot, beloved and joyful1 are coming so guys we need to wear sunday go to meeting togs; not Tongs ;D
George, You had me at Home made tacos and Red Hot chile beans.

Love in Christ

Longhorn

george.

musicman

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2008, 09:19:31 PM »

Musicman,
Maybe you should just take a sick day every Oct. 31st! I mean it beats losing your mind! I hate the way EVERYONE thinks it's imperative to dress up for the day! My husband and I went out to dinner tonight and each and every waitress, waiter, server, and hostess were in full regalia complete with masks makeup and costumes! WHAT is the DEAL?? I second your frustration! BUT these people are deluded we have to remember that. Cheer up soon it will be Thanksgiving then you can dress up like a turkey!! ;)
Keep smiling!
Kathy :)

Actually, I wouldn't miss Halloween at work.  I've been pulling your chains (pardon the expression).  It's actually me taking jabs at fellow empoyees who don't have on costumes.  And tommorrow I'm gonna tell everybody, hey, "Halloween's over, take off that mask".  There is no way that I'm gonna get bent out of shape over good natured fun. 

musicman

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2008, 09:20:34 PM »

just curious musicman,
what grade do you teach? before my husband went back to working in the oilfield industry he had been teaching for 10 yrs. started out teaching junior high, then on to high school, then back to middle school. he had to quit teaching because he said he was afraid he would end up hating all kids. of course, keep in mind that he is not a believer, so the hate thing is relevant to him. anyway, just curious what age group you are teaching, or scaring with your mug. you are beautiful to us though.

claudia

I teach elementary music.  The kids are great where I work.

musicman

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2008, 09:24:05 PM »

Ok musicman,

george.

Actually, I have three of the little brats tied up in my basement.

Oh, that's not true.  I don't have a basement.

Maybe I should let the little brats go now.  Haven't they learned their lesson?  Wait, one of them just called me an eternally Halloween Mask wearing freak.  Well, maybe another few more days tied up in the dark will learn em.

winner08

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2008, 09:51:41 PM »

Personally i find Halloween great. I love the little brats all dressed up coming to my house trick or treating. I had a family of 4 with the mom and their dogs. their dogs were dressed up as the taco bell dogs(chawawa) they had the best costumes. Oh yea another reason why I love Halloween:  It's my wedding anniversary. 17yrs. On our wedding I dressed up as a 20s gangster in a zoot suit and my wife was a witch. I should have seen that as an omen. :D :D :D just kidding. At the party we arrived in 2 coffins in a Hurst's at my mothers bar man what a site. The wedding ceremony was very traditional I was in a nice suite and my wife in a very nice dress it was a very respectfull wedding. It was the party afterwards that was off the wall. there must have been a couple of hundred  people partying. I don't think anybody will forget that Halloween. :D :D

Ninny

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2008, 07:20:52 PM »

Musicman,
You had me worried for awhile! I thought you were losing it! I SHOULD have known!  :-[
Well people do take the Halloween thing a little too far, but far be it from me to spoil anyone's fun! ;D ;D
I'm glad you have fun with it! You gotta keep those kids guessing ya know?
Kathy :D

aqrinc

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2008, 03:30:09 AM »

Kathy,

That will larn ??? you to to quit worrying about the note-killer ;D.

hey where is that george running off to :o.

george.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 19 queries.