bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Trusting in only God!!!  (Read 9947 times)

Richard D

Trusting in only God!!!
« on: November 01, 2008, 07:16:29 PM »

How does one give glory to God without mentioning oneself? I’ am not the subject or main idea of this thread. But none the less I know of no other way to tell you about how God is fulfilling His purpose in my life without mentioning me.

I wanted to update the members of this Christian forum for the soul purpose of letting you all know how God is taking care of me in hopes of increasing your faith and pointing out the reliability of our Creator Jesus Christ.

In a previous thread I had mentioned how I was among the people who lost their job by being laid off from my place of employment. At first I knew I would be eligible for unemployment benefits that would sustain me without loss but was nervous about not finding another job before my unemployment benefits were exhausted because the economy appears to be failing.

Now at that time I had made know my fears and insecurities to our creator Jesus but had no idea what would transpire in proceeding months and years of my life. My insecurities and fears came as a result of not knowing if I were going to loose my home and everything I worked for.

I knew of no company that was hiring in my trade as the work in those other companies had also slowed down and were also laying off their technicians too. This is what I had spoke of to God in prayer, no one is hiring what do I do now and so I meditated along these lines with Christ.

I had a desire or excitement that had come over me about starting my own service department as a contractor and with the inspiration of God had set out to reach this goal. A few days or maybe even a few weeks had past me by and I received a phone call with someone looking to have some work done.

I have been receiving work since then and am earning enough money to make ends meet without the need of and employer. You might ask is this of God? What I will tell you is that I have not spent so much as a penny to start a business although I have been thinking about having a telephone business line installed in my home and also am thinking about having some business cards made up. The man at the print shop says it cost 52 dollars to have a thousand business cards made up plus what ever the business line will cost.

This business was started with no money and I have not advertise my business at all, maybe there are people who can do this without God but I’m certainty not one of these people.

I tell you these things that your faith may be built up and that you may see the reliability of our God to provide.  

I believe it would be of great value for brothers and sisters who belong to this forum to make know their fears and insecurities and their prayers to God and how God is dealing in your life. I believe we should be sharing our lives with each other as we are all in the family of God. What we all have here in this forum is something beyond any value I have ever known, what we have here is priceless and cannot be bought for any amount of money.

All praise and honor and glory belong to our God a God who can be well trusted with our very lives and who does not hold back from us anything not even His own Son Jesus.

In God’s perfect love. Richard.

Martinez

Re: Trusting in only God!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 09:11:24 PM »

It's pretty hard to give glory to God without mentioning ones self, on account of We are the work of His hands and weakness is for His glory because He is our strength!

Jer 18:4  And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter: so he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it.

2Co 12:9  And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Beloved

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 12:25:05 AM »

Great answer martinez. 

beloved

Richard D

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 01:09:36 AM »

Please, don’t miss the point here! I’m not the main idea here or the subject. I know I cannot give God credit without mentioning myself. It’s not about me. Look at the good things God is doing.

The point of this thread is to give God the glory and build faith and trust in our God and show how God is in control of our circumstances. Please do not miss what I ’am saying.

In God’s love. Richard.

Beloved

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 01:26:26 AM »

Richard would you being saying it was a good thing.s that God was doing
...if no one called you with work
       if no one hired you for years
          if all things in your life were going down the tubes ?

Of course what is happening is to you right now is to the glory of God, We have not missed that point....

Every thing that has and will happen .......WILL GLORIFY GOD

1Ch 16:34  O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good; for his mercy endureth forever.

Jer 33:11  The voice of joy, and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom, and the voice of the bride, the voice of them that shall say, Praise the LORD of hosts: for the LORD is good; for his mercy endureth forever: and of them that shall bring the sacrifice of praise into the house of the LORD. For I will cause to return the captivity of the land, as at the first, saith the LORD.

Psa 135:13  Thy name, O LORD, endureth forever; and thy memorial, O LORD, throughout all generations.

Psa 136:4  To him who alone doeth great wonders: for his mercy endureth forever.
Psa 138:8  The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O LORD, endureth forever: forsake not the works of thine own hands.

Beloved
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 01:56:28 AM by Beloved »

Jackie Lee

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 01:28:46 AM »

I really like knowing God is in control when life seems bent with no direction, now knowing that my life is not my own it is in Gods hands.
 Richard I enjoyed your testimony of how God is working in your life.  :)

Jackie Lee

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2008, 01:38:34 AM »

Good questions Beloved when I was in the name it claim it movement I believed God was my personal santa claus, that is until God showed me I was believing a lie.
When times were good I thanked him when times was bad I asked him why.
I now pray according to the will of God.
I am not rich but in need of nothing physical but sure need spiritual.
My mind is my worst enemy.

Marlene

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2008, 02:09:22 AM »

Jackie, I believe all of our minds are our worse enemies. I was talking about that today with my Mother. I call it stinking thinking. That beast is always getting in the way.

In His Love,
Marlene

aqrinc

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2008, 02:25:28 AM »

And the beast says, there you go again thinking i am in the way. No i am not in the way you are me and i am
you. So you had better understand i need my space as much as you, we need to eat and sleep you know.
Come on let's work something out, i am willing to share as long as you acknowledge that you need me too.
We need to work and go to church and exercise and watch tv and and and $#@%&^*.

The beast is always with us until we die to the flesh, for that we Need Jesus Christ Our Lord And Saviour In
The Throne that is currently occupied by (us/beast).

Ephesians 6:12:
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the
darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Pray without ceasing,

george.

Jackie Lee

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2008, 02:36:58 AM »

Hi Marlene, Today I was so disapointed I thought I had overcome a control issue, I really believed it was finished then a circumstance develops and I am back to square one again.
I really made a fool of myself,  God brought this to my attention immediately of how wrong I was.
I didn't realise how ugly this is until today.
It has made me feel really bad, obviously God wanted me to see it is not completely gone.
In God's time.. the sooner the better.

Jackie Lee

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2008, 02:40:46 AM »

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the
darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places

Thanks George, for bringing this to my attention, it helps.

Richard D

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2008, 10:36:25 AM »

Beloved.

I know when I had been laid off I considered all things lost because I could not find and employer who was hiring but God sent me work and saved me from destruction.  I know when Joanna was thrown into the sea he must have considered his life over but God sent a whale and rescued him from death.

You’re question Beloved is a very good question, one I believed I had already weighed out a few months ago. I know of no person who wants to loose their home in this life or their car or anything else that concerns ones needs in life.

Beloved, I watch my bank account dwindle down each month that passed me by and knowing unemployment would not last for ever things did look grim to me but I still gave thanks to God.

I bought my home at age twenty three and I felt proud you know. But according to my background this world tells people like me I cannot own my own home nor have a good paying job but against all odds I have done well and had laugh at this world.

I believe God had removed my footing and knocked me down and cause me to fear thinking I was going to loose everything. It was important for me to know it was not of me that I owned my home or sustained what I have but it was God who gave me these things, God even gave me the employment to obtain these things.

Beloved, I dare not answer your question saying that if God had not sent me work and my life was going down the tubes that I would say this is a good thing God is doing. I would hope that I would say that but I don’t know God had not brought me to this point.

One thing I will say is this as I saw my bank account dwindle I became much closer to God. I realize I need God not only for the next life but right here and now. I ’am His creature I look with expectancy for everything I need from the hand of God.

I trust my Lord and my God for my life and I also trust God to resurrect me also after I’ am dead too. It is God who is the giver of all things.

But this thread was about me boating about the wonders and reliability of our God and what He is doing in my life not what He has not done.

In God’s love. Richard.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 10:38:49 AM by Richard D »

Beloved

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2008, 01:30:36 PM »

Richard
 you said

I know when Joanna was thrown into the sea he must have considered his life over.
The fish would have had indigestion, It was hungry for Joah    ;D

Yes all of our "bank accounts" are dwindling.  I am not speaking theory I had a very same expereience...I was taken all the way down to 400.00 in cash and credit cards, no place to live....so been there done that....it took me to where I am in the present, and I do not look back at all I once had.

It is so hard to give God Glory at those times...when we have nothing it should be easier to Concentrate and Look only at God. 

The problem is satan like to rub your nose in all the bad things that are going on.  He knows that we have such limited imaginations that we can not fathom what gloriuous things God may have in store. for us ...so what do we do.....we focus on the pitful state we were in before all the thing went wrong and long for these.

Our little lives here on earth...are subatomic events in relation to ages of ages. Our belongings, our jobs are all cosmic dust. God will restore everything and the way he does it will marvel all.  Everything that has happened will be prefected all to the Glory of God.

All of us here at BT have things that God has done for each of us.
We all boast of our Most loving Father and His Son Lord and Savior.....we can do nothing else.
  We rejoice in everything that he is doing for you, this website is replete with wondrous blessings and also serious trials

This boasting is not just something for "general discussion"....this is paise and worship.

We have to stand on His word

(Col 1:16)  because by Him all [things] were created, the [ones] in the heavens and the [ones] on the earth, the visible [things] and the invisible [things], whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities; all such things have been created through Him and for Him,

(Col 1:17)  and _He_ is before all [things] and all [things] are held together by Him.

This is the psalm that Jeus sung as He went out to Gethsename

(Psa 118:24)  This is the day, which Yahweh hath made, We will exult, and be glad therein.
(Psa 118:25)  Ah now, Yahweh, do save, we beseech thee, Ah now, Yahweh, do send success, we beseech thee!

He sang this knowing that they were coming for Him that night.

beloved

:D :D :D :D
   :D :D :D
     :D :D
       :D                  Praise time, sing music to the Lord

Marlene

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2008, 02:29:31 PM »

Jackie, You are so right! When, we think it is over bingo there it is to knock back down. We daily die don't we? I know without a doubt now that the Holy Spirit is doing this cause I can't. George gave us some good verses to think about.

Everyone on here is a Blessing to me. I know my Mother does not understand this. My husband, is ok with it. But, I know he doesn't understand it. He believes in god, but he doesnt understand it. He has never liked to read books so he really doesn't read the Bible.

My husband, hasmany beautiful traits. I always have wished I had. He is very patient, he is always happy for the most part even in bad times. He doesn't judge people or talk about them. He forgives easy turns the other cheek.
One thing he had not studied the Bible and learned some of the Babylon teachings and had to have his mind changed to understand scriptures properly.
When, I told him there is no Hell he did not even act surprised. I have been a control freak and didn't even realize it for a long time.

All, I know it had to be God who sent me here. I definitely don't see me as an elect. However, something has put a desire in me to run the race. Now, I have a bad spine and bad knees and hips, I am glad I dont have to do that. But, I believe this race is even harder then that would be. It is a every day race all day long except when I sleep. LOL But, just want to say he has showed me so many times I could trust him and then I would still fail him. I can defintely see since I am in here my journey unfolding.

Ray is right many people come in here and read and don't believe. I would not have been able to without the Holy Spirit. I know cause I believed all the trash of Babylon. I don't think it is any mistake that any of us are in here. I just pray every day I don't give up. But, I believe he is able to do it in me. Where,befroe I tried on my own.

In His Love,
Marlene

P.S. each and everyone of you are a joy to me. I have people who are going through this with me. My family will listen some,but not much. I love how we can share our stories and our trials. I wish I could hug all you personally. Maybe sometime  I can.

aqrinc

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2008, 02:36:31 PM »

Jackie Lee - Not i dear Sister; (Thank God for enabling us to even see these Truths and understanding them).

Richard - we must diminish so: (The Lord will show His Promise to The Whole World in us).

Beloved - It is amazing what the Scriptures you are quoting are doing for me daily (To God Be The Glory).

Beloved - Can i borrow your creation and modify it? (smilies)

george.

darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places

Thanks George, for bringing this to my attention, it helps.

dogcombat

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2008, 12:57:44 PM »

Richard,

I think that God has shown you (and those inspired by what you've written) a HARD truth.  Coming to the END of ourselves is NOT the fun part.  However, it IS the first part.  Like the analogy of Jonah, when things APPEAR to be dark, dreary, and lost.  You realize later on that God had you right where HE wanted you.  And since He showed you that HE'S in control, HE has the final say in all of our doings and what's being done to us.

Ches

Richard D

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2008, 02:19:53 PM »

Chess.

You are so right, I was apart of Christendom and had stop going to church altogether and became so confident in myself I felt on top of the world and then I got laid off.

I enjoyed the first part of my lay off but as time went on I started to become fearful as no one was hiring. In and attempt to preoccupy my mind I spent hours on the internet.

My favorite place was you tube and I was engross in aliens and u.f.o then I started to get into Satanic things you know and would not even read anything that had to do with God because I got so turned off from God because I felt no matter what I was going to hell but somehow I came across Ray’s papers and started reading them and wow, something happen to me right their and then.

Chess, I’ll never look at God from the perspective I once use to. I now know the goodness of God regardless of what happens to me in this life. God is awesome and wonderful, there is none other who is greater than our God.

Chess, I don’t deserve what God is doing for me at all, the only thing I deserve is death for ever but I know God is going to save all and that testifies to the greatness of God in itself.  :)

In God’s love. Richard. Your friend and brother.

dogcombat

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2008, 03:09:13 PM »

Richard,

That's the point of Grace.  Our heavenly father giving us what we DON'T deserve (Isa 26,

10 Let favour be shewed to the wicked, yet will he not learn righteousness: in the land of uprightness will he deal unjustly, and will not behold the majesty of the LORD.

11 LORD, when thy hand is lifted up, they will not see: but they shall see, and be ashamed for their envy at the people; yea, the fire of thine enemies shall devour them.

12 LORD, thou wilt ordain peace for us: for thou also hast wrought all our works in us.
)

since none are righteous and deserving of His Grace.  And all have fallen short of His Glory.  But He's chosen the foolish things to confound the wise....(1 Cor 1). 

In a nutshell, my brother, God must show us what we DIDN'T know about Him, before He reveals what we ARE to know about Him.  Because we love Him, because He FIRST loved us.  Grace CAN'T be EARNED, only EXPERIENCED.

Ches 

hammerandnails

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2008, 04:00:48 PM »

Hi, everybody,
Is encouraging and uplifting to see how God is working in the lives of my brothers and sisters in Christ.
Richard, I too was layed off recently. I would like to share how God is providing for me, and is not in the way that I thought it would
come!!!
About little over a year ago, I had offered my body a living sacrifice to the Lord.
On 5.21. of this year the fire fell!!!!!!!!!!! :o
Believe me, I tried very hard not to think it strange ???
On that day I got fired!!!
Although it was a reason, it was totaly unfounded.
3 days latter, here came the prosecution. It came so hard, I didn;t know what hit me.
Things escalated to the point that my life was threatened and I had to go file a police report.
5 days later my dad, who is not a beliver, had a stroke. Never been sick a day in his life.
Same day, (in the emergency room next to my dad) had a heart attack!!!
Combined, they had 4 surgeries in the same day.
Wait, there is more :o :o :o
In order that you may understand how is God providing for me in this season, I must take you back
4 years. My husband and I got separated after 16 years of marriage. I was the one who left!!!
I was gona show him!!!!!
Come back to the present day.
Guess where I had to go after I lost my 6000$ a mo. job??????
Yes, you guessed it!!!!
Back to my holier than thou, I am always right, everybody is stupid, I have the answer to all things,
I am never wrong, I can do all things, unbelieving husband!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wait, there is more!!!
Although I had applied to about 40 to 50 jobs in the past 3 mo, and despite the fact that I am a nurse with 7 years
teaching experience and 14 years of bedside experiece, I did not get as much as ONE PHONECALL or EMAIL
with an offer of any kind.
My car is to be repessessed in about two weeks.
Meanwhile, at home, God is prospering my husband in everyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you think that I was envious, don't. Oh, may be for a moment.
In the process, he, my husband, became more holier than thou, IF THAT IS POSSIBLE. :'(
And, in his eyes, I can't do anything right.
Despite the fact that I am a mother (that's a full time job by itself) I cook, clean, serve, wash,
type, file, I take care of 3 dogs and one bird, I visit my parents (dad is paralized) and cook, clean, serve etc.
then comes the issue of looking good. I must look good too!!!
No matter what I do, he is never happy, not a peep about how good of a job I do, or even acknoledging that I even do a job.
If a piece of furniture is here, or an object there, it should always be somewhere else, even with an inch.
Mean while, I am trying sooooo hard to give God honor!!!!
Yes God is burning, pruning, scourging, cutting, and breaking my sanctified self!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now I got to the point where God is providing.
When I moved in the house, the house was in foreclosure. He had not payed the mortgage for the past 7 mo.
Honestly, I was expecting God to take the house too, but he didn't.
Not only that He didn't, the loan (balance) was modified with an interest of 2 % until 2011, and 5 % after
that, and can never go ove 6 %. Not only that, but we don't have to make any payments until Dec!
What you think about that???? Blessed be the Lord forever!!! ;D
In the mean time, all the bills are payed (mind you my beloved husband thinks that is all him
and his majesty that is doing all this) we have food on the table, even he was able to make some improvements on the house.
We don't have what we want, BUT WE HAVE ALL THAT WE NEED!!!!! 8)
In the middle of all this I feel like the morning after a freight train hit you.
There are days that I don't know if I can put one foot in front of the other, much more accomplish my duty as a wife and mother.
And today is one of those days.
And if I hear one more time "You call yourself a christian??" out of his mouth.....................
Or another good one: "God is on my side, can't you see?"
Enough of that.

In conclusion, God is providing richly!!!
One scripture that the HS took me to is in the Book of Ezra:

"Who is there among you of all His people? his God be with him,
                 and let him go up to Jerusalem, which is in Judah, and build
                 the house of the Lord God of Israel (He is God,) which is in Jerusalem.

And whosoever remains in any place where he sojourns,
                 let the men of that place help him with silver, and with gold,
                 and with goods, and with beasts, beside the freewill offering
                for the house of God that is in Jerusalem"   Ezra1:3,4

It was to me for a confirmation that when you are building the temple of the Lord,
(which temple you are) God takes care of his children. He is a faithful Father!!!!!!
 As for me "I forgot prosperity" like Jeremiah lamented.
Can any of you send me a picture of a 20$ bill??? ;D LOL
Is ok, God is teaching me and molding me.
And this will serve me right, because when I had money, I did not know how to spend it faster.
Can anybody out there relate????

Love you all,
your sister Ariel.

Richard D

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2008, 07:08:45 PM »

Ariel.

After reading your story my heart goes out to you my sister. I don’t understand why God allows these things to happen in the way he does except I know it’s in our best interest. I do know God does take care of us and he can be well trusted.

If someone told me I would be a contractor after being laid off I would of laugh at the idea at that time. All I kept thinking is no one is hiring and as soon as unemployment runs out I will loose everything.

I was earning between five to six thousand a month also. I was not a rich man but I had no issue paying my bills and buying what I wanted. As I look back now I see how proud I was with my noise up in the air, last spring I had a new roof put on my home and had all new windows put in my home and a brand new living room set and many things more also.

I know now I was not only proud but I trusted in my own ability to provide for my needs. God has shown be since then that it is He-God who provides and gives to His creatures.

Today I earn more money in half the time as when I worked but the difference now is I know it’s of God and I need to depend on God every day for work. I’m no longer proud of myself as if I’m something special and my ability comes from God and not me.

This is what God wanted me to know but He had to take away the security I had in myself and put it into Him. I know now that for the rest of my life whatever I have I have by the hand of God and God only.

In God’s love. Richard.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 20 queries.