bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trusting in only God!!!  (Read 9966 times)

hammerandnails

Re: Trusting in only God!!!
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2008, 09:01:19 PM »

That is so true, Richard.
We must rely on Him for our every need.
I learn that the hard way too.
I was proud (there is still a dose of it somewhere in there) and God brought me to my knees.
I thank Him for that, as hard as it is, and when I can endure no longer I go to the scripture.
I drink from living waters and I'm OK for a while.
Last night, as I was trying to get some sleep, and sleep was running from me,
I just begged Him to give just a moment of peace, a flash, a drop, a fraction of a second.
I guess that He did because I fell asleep.
Today I prayed the same. I got over bargaining, now I beg. But He is the Rock, He
know what is good for me, He will not give in.
Deep, down in the basement of my soul, I know that it will be OK.But I can't get a hold of it just yet.
I don't see it. My temple must be cleaned first. :(

To God be the glory!!!!
Ariel

Marlene

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2008, 12:55:43 AM »

Hello, I can never remember a time as a child where there was ever enough money to not trust God. I saw God work miracles by my family always living from pay check to pay check. My Mother and Father only had bills like there home a used car and food and utilities. My Father became ill at age 46 and had to go on disability. My family never lived on welfare. Just watching them showed me how he takes care of us like the sparrows.

My husband and I have always had to basically live like that. He had a savings when we married. About, a year after we were married we had to use all that for a serious illness because he had no insurance on me at his work and I worked where they was not coverage. 

We wanted a home so bad. Every time we tried to save, something else came up. We almost bought two homes but it did not work out for us. We were so glad we didn't because I had more health problems.

Well, we applied for a farmers home and made 500 dollars too much to get it. My husband was trying to figure out how to cut the 500 dollars out and he is a person who never gets frustrated. I was always frustrated. But, this time I said"Look at your self". Maybe, all we need to do is ask God for what we really need. I said, " We really need one more bedroom and a garage.

About two years after that his Great-Grandmother who was 101 passed away. She was a great saint of god. The family wanted us to take the home. His Grandmother paid for it because there were 5 to receive inhertiance. Well, it is where we live to this day. Never had to pay anything for it. My husband was blessed with a better job. We have insurance on me but not that great. But, we are able to save and I am waiting to get my disability from all the years I worked. I am no longer able to work because of my health. We got exactly what we prayed for 1 more bedroom and a garage. We still have to trust in God daily to provide our needs. We have been married 29 years and he has never let us down.
Some of you know I almost lost my life two years ago. Had so many medical bills. The hospital paid for half of those. God is so good. We have been living like this ever since we were married. I know, if it wasn't for god we would not be together. God blessed me with one of the most beautiful human beings for a husband.  There are so many things I can share sometime that would show how he works over and over in our lives. We certainly don't deserve it. But, he is good and he is able and he should have our trust and loyalty.

In His Love,
Marlene

Richard D

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2008, 08:53:41 AM »

Marlene.

You are such a beautiful sister, you really are. I enjoy your honesty so much and my heart goes out to you with all the trials in your life. God is doing a great work within you no doubt about it.

You know Marlene before we come to Jesus we all learn how to wear our mask so perfectly in a way that protects us from the world because we are so afraid of what people might think of us.

I find as I fellowship with Christ that this mask I wear is being removed daily, you know as long as one wears a mask the world cannot see Christ in us because all they can see is the mask we wear.

I love my brothers and sisters so much but I’m most fond of those who don’t hide behind a mask. Marlene I see the beautiful work God has done in you with each reply of yours I read.

When I hear about the trials of my brothers and sisters, sometimes I say to myself I say self, you have no right to complain about anything. I just wanted you to know I’m thankful for you sister in our Lord and Savior Jesus.

In His love. Richard.

Ninny

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2008, 10:58:10 AM »

Marlene,
I agree with Richard. Each time you post on the forum you reveal a little bit more of you! That is how we know we are safe, we are able to be honest! God is so good he knows everything about us and loves us so much!

As a child we never had much but my parents worked hard and trusted God to take care of us and he always did! My dad worked on a dairy farm and we always had milk and meat! Ha! I think of that sometimes, it is funny how as a child you never worry about what you're going to eat or drink!

God wants us to be like children, just trusting that He will do it! My mom always told me to look in the Montgomery Ward catalog and find the dress I wanted and then she would make a newspaper pattern and make that dress for me! I still marvel at how she could do that! I can barely follow a printed pattern! funny! Oh man I'm sounding like a Dolly Parton song!!
Prayers and Hugs to you!
Kathy :)

Richard D

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2008, 11:58:14 AM »

Hi Ninny.

I was reading your response and you said (it is funny how as a child you never worry about what you're going to eat or drink!) Ninny that is our faith in a nut shell is it not?

That one statement of yours should have been a thread, so much could be learned about faith in that saying. It just jumped out at me in a special way.

As children we never worried about a place to live or food to eat or even cloths to wear and being a child of God how much more should we not worry about all these things.

Ninny, that was and awesome thing to say. Amen sister. I will ponder that saying the rest of today. God keeps putting into my heart to move into this child like faith more and more.

I would rather have that kind of faith in our God than all the knowledge of God although knowledge is a good thing but you know what I mean, I know somehow you do sister.  :)

In God’s love. Richard.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 12:00:57 PM by Richard D »

Ninny

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2008, 05:01:21 PM »

Oh yes, Richard I do know! I posted on the testimonies board earlier about my Grandson, Justin. He and his little brother, Noah have such simple faith! Like when their little brother Grayson was diagnosed with his brain tumor they were both devastated by the news but they both fell down and prayed to God and Justin said "I have peace in my spirit now I know God is going to heal him." Noah said "God gave me peace, too." That was MATTER OF FACT peace and faith! Every time I would start to cry over Grayson they would take MY hand and tell me "Ninny, you know God is going to take care of Gray, he gave him to us for a reason and he's going to heal him."

How can you have faith like that? By knowing God is in control! A pastor once said, "You just know it in your 'knower'!" that's how God wants us to be! When we get to be adults and the cares and responsibilities overwhelm us we forget that life is ultimately very simple, you either trust that God has it all or you don't trust, but God still has it, either way GOD HAS IT!! I would love to be able to remember that everyday!

My grandsons' faith was sure God did heal Grayson of his brain tumor!
Prayers!
Kathy :)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 21 queries.